Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC Fight Night (Fresno): Swanson vs Ortega

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ortega via KO/TKO
    I was a lot more excited about the main event and Ortega, until I realised he popped a couple of years ago. I must have completely missed that as I can't recall it at all. He popped for drostanolone after winning his UFC debut. :(
    Brian Ortega has apologized for a failed drug test that cost him his UFC-debut win at July’s UFC on FOX 12 event.

Ortega (8-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC), who scored a first-round rear-naked-choke win over featherweight Mike De La Torre (12-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC) at the July 26 event in San Jose, had the win overturned after he tested positive for the steroid drostanolone.

The California Athletic Commission also suspended Ortega nine months and fined him $2,500. He can appeal, but according to the UFC, he’ll need to pass another drug test before he can compete again for the promotion.

Ortega issued the following statement (via Instagram), which he addressed to “my Coaches, Family, Friends, Fans and the UFC.” He said his coaches were “totally unaware” of his drug usage:

Ortega is linked to the same gym, Blackhouse MMA, as another fighter who recently was flagged for drostanolone. “The Ultimate Fighter 17” veteran Kevin Casey failed a test due to the drug following his first-round knockout of Robert “Bubba” Bush at UFC 175.

Black House MMA head Ed Soares, who also runs the RFA promotion where Ortega and Casey previously competed, recently told MMAjunkie that some fans have unfairly criticized the whole gym. According to Soares, Ortega and and Casey acted independently and work out at the gym only semi-regularly.

“It’s not fair, because let’s put how many other people were from that situation that fought clean,” he said. “It’s not what it looks like.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Ortega via Decision
    My guy T-City by flying triangle.

Ortega via KO/TKO
    Paul Felder on the call.

Ortega via KO/TKO
    Neto walks out to Eminem.

Uh-oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,747 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paully D wrote: »
    I was a lot more excited about the main event and Ortega, until I realised he popped a couple of years ago. I must have completely missed that as I can't recall it at all. He popped for drostanolone after winning his UFC debut. :(

Man - everybody is doing it. Shouldn’t be using it as an excuse to not like someone

• Advertisement

Ortega via Decision
    Question: Which elite athletes are on steroids?

Answer:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Prob a bit too much showboating but I like this Giles guy.

Ramos gassing here.

Question: Which elite athletes are on steroids?

Answer:

Nick with a Beard is funny, is he trying to look sophisticated :pac:

Ortega via KO/TKO
    That Perez/Alcantara fight would be enough to send most men to sleep at this time of night.

Scutter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Was early

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Ortega via Decision
    Yikes, Davis's face!!

"Dont listen to the crowd".... The paying customers? Fck off Felder

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

Ortega via Decision
    Well, they were pretty rude. Screw em.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Ortega via Decision
    Thought morales took 2nd and third. First a toss up

Ortega via Decision
    WOWOWOWOW

Amazingfun wrote: »
    WOWOWOWOW

I heard Sterling was taken out on a stretcher still asleee (Sherdong could be wrong)..... I hope the dude is okay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

That was mental.

I like Sterling and thought this fought would be a win for him..... Sincerely hope he is ok, that was a bad knockout.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Ortega via Decision
    Feckin Knight, lol

Ortega via Decision
    C'mon Ortega!

Ortega via Decision
    Absolute Killer.

Ortega seems like a nice guy, lovely finish. That was some knee to the chin Sterling took, apparently he is ok, unless he was tweeting using his tongue.

Thought Caramouche and Dvalishvili were robbed in their split decisions, but I had them backed.

Lopez/Morales was a very exciting fight for the most part, although some idiots booed during a lull in the first.

An awful loss for Jason Knight for such a short priced fav. Biting yer man by accident too :)

Ortega via Decision
    I forgot this was Cub's last fight on his contract, feel bad for him now. At least Dana seems genuinely interested in making a deal that "makes him happy". Be nice to see him treated fairly, but I know this is a tough break for him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Anyone trys grappling with him its game over I think he'd strangle Edgar, Holloway be harder Max wont shoot a takedown so might piece him up.

• Advertisement

Ortega via Decision
    His jits is so slick it's scary. Serious chin on him too, just walks through everything.

T-City is the truth.

Advertisement