Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit card application

Options
  • 10-12-2017 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I have a query about a credit card application. I made an application for a standard credit card and received a letter saying my application is being processed but I haven't updated my current address with my bank and to contact you asap.

I made three attempts to call the number on the letter and was put on hold for very long periods of time, resulting in me using 13euro credit. I never got to speak to anyone.

This was very frustrating. My query is do I just need to go to my bank branch and update my address (this would be no problem) and if so, do I need to call anybody and let them know its been done so my application process can continue?

I want to get this done asap as I am going out of the country the 4th of January and would like to have the card before then.

Very unimpressed with customer service from BOI so far and I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hello,

I have a query about a credit card application. I made an application for a standard credit card and received a letter saying my application is being processed but I haven't updated my current address with my bank and to contact you asap.

I made three attempts to call the number on the letter and was put on hold for very long periods of time, resulting in me using 13euro credit. I never got to speak to anyone.

This was very frustrating. My query is do I just need to go to my bank branch and update my address (this would be no problem) and if so, do I need to call anybody and let them know its been done so my application process can continue?

I want to get this done asap as I am going out of the country the 4th of January and would like to have the card before then.

Very unimpressed with customer service from BOI so far and I would appreciate any help you can give me.
    Hi there,

Thanks for posting on Boards.

We're sorry to hear you're unhappy.

Please see here for a change of details form, that you can fill out and post to the address below with your proof of your new address, or you can call into a branch and they'll be happy to forward it on for you.

New Business Unit,
    2nd Floor,
    Operations Centre,
    Cabinteely
    D.18

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks again, Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Hi there,

Please see here for a change of details form, that you can fill out and post to the address below with your proof of your new address, or you can call into a branch and they'll be happy to forward it on for you.

New Business Unit,
    2nd Floor,
    Operations Centre,
    Cabinteely
    D.18

Thanks again, Jane

Thanks for the response Jane. Dropped my proof of address into my bank this morning.

My other question was do I need to do anything else now or will the application process continue from here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jane

Hi there,

New Business Unit,
    2nd Floor,
    Operations Centre,
    Cabinteely
    D.18

Thanks again, Jane

Thanks for the response Jane. Dropped my proof of address into my bank this morning.

My other question was do I need to do anything else now or will the application process continue from here?
    Thanks for getting back to me.

Can I ask you to PM me by clicking the link below my name, with your full name and account holding branch and we can advise you further.

Thanks again, Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Thanks for getting back to me.

Can I ask you to PM me by clicking the link below my name, with your full name and account holding branch and we can advise you further.

Thanks again, Jane

Jane, it will not allow me to send the PM, it's saying you have them blocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

If you can please click the link under my signature where it says 'Please click here to send a private message'. If you're not seeing this link, please go to your Boards profile settings and under Edit Options scroll down to Thread Display Options and tick the box beside Show Signatures. You'll then be able to view the link and send us a message.

Thanks
    Tara

• Advertisement
Advertisement