Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2018.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Poor old knights took an absolute hammering. Sharks looked very good today.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Strange goings on at the Bulldogs, they've let one of their best players go to the Tigers and are going to pay approximately a third of his wages.

So Moses Mbye is soon to be a Tiger.
    Apparantly the salary cap situation at the dogs is such a mess they have 14 spots to fill in 2019 and even if they paid the 14 players minimum wage they would still be over the cap. All back ended deals the NRL need to stop this.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Some performance from the Sharks. Moylan did great.

Much better stuff from the Cowboys against Manly.

Sharks just didn't get going quick enough, game was there if they'd have played for even close to 80 minutes.

• Advertisement

Good win for the Knights.

Thoroughly enjoyable game this morning, Roosters cruising on the scoreboard then all of a sudden with only a few minutes left it was all Tigers, and only a couple of miracle last ditch tackles kept them from winning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Thoroughly enjoyable game this morning, Roosters cruising on the scoreboard then all of a sudden with only a few minutes left it was all Tigers, and only a couple of miracle last ditch tackles kept them from winning it.

I really enjoyed that one - Reynolds gave the Tigers a real lift when he came on

Yeah loved that Ferguson tackle at the end.

Scrappy game between the Panthers and Raiders, entertaining enough though, Canberra somehow managed to throw it away. Ricky was not a happy camper.

• Advertisement

Don't know how the Raiders lost that. Great sideline conversion from Moloney to level things.

Good win for the mighty Warriors, although the inconsistency has crept back into performances there are as many ups as downs this year which is nice!

Good win for the mighty Warriors, although the inconsistency has crept back into performances there are as many ups as downs this year which is nice!

Brill win for Warriors - Manly didn't have many mistakes to make the Warriors win that much sweeter.

What's going on at the Cowboys this year, beaten by the Eels today. Apparently hard done by today, with a couple of supposed forward pass calls, but it's a miserable season.

Wonder if JT maybe should have called it a day last year?

What's going on at the Cowboys this year, beaten by the Eels today. Apparently hard done by today, with a couple of supposed forward pass calls, but it's a miserable season.

Wonder if JT maybe should have called it a day last year?
    I was thinking the same thing earlier today. Looks like the cowboys will miss the finals. It's not a good way for someone like Thurston to end his career. Greg Alexander got hammered a few weeks ago for suggesting Thurston had played one year too many maybe he was right. He's not a big bloke and he's been getting hammered in tackles week in week out for years. It has to be taking a toll.

I thought there were some strange calls by the Bunker in the Cowboys/Eels game. Cowboys still making sloppy errors.

Pleased with the Warriors getting the win. They played some lovely stuff in the second half.

Roosters with an impressive win. Loved that try-saving hit though from Slade Griffin.

Storm Broncos game is being played at some speed, Brisbane lead 12 8 at half time.

Edit:
    Storm get some serious amount of 50/50 calls go their way imo. Comfortable win for them in the end.

Hard-fought win for the Dragons over the Bulldogs.

In some sad news, Panthers captain Peter Wallace is retiring with immediate effect.
    "It's an incredibly selfless act from Peter," Gould said via a club statement.

"He always had great faith in the young players coming through our system here at Panthers and has played a huge part in their development as both footballers and people.

"Peter has been battling with injury for several years and has repeatedly played for the club with injuries that would keep the normal man home in bed.

"It can now be revealed that Peter has played the last two years with no ACL in his knee after his last knee reconstruction actually failed.

"Management and coaches knew of his condition, but he didn't want anyone else to know. I can also remember him staying on the field for 50 minutes in a game where he had completely torn his ACL. He is a tremendously tough individual and his leadership has been wonderful for our club."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/12/peter-wallace-announces-immediate-nrl-retirement/

Tough as nails to go through all that.

Rabbitohs gone top for the time being after a 42-24 win over the Eels. Robert Jennings with four tries.

The Rabbitohs are building nicely. They look like they can go far. Not a bad start for a new coach. They have some winnable games coming up aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

buying grand final tickets as we speak :D

Good game with the Cowboys and Warriors. Got a bit hairy when the Cowboys got within 4 though.

Big performance from Tuivasa-Sheck. Looks like Michael Morgan is out of Origin II now. Ponga maybe makes the bench now.

Titans blowing the Bulldogs away early in their game. An absolute hammering so far.

Titans played some good stuff based on the highlights I saw earlier.

Also loved Corey Oates' try for the Broncos in their win over the Sharks.

Roosters looked dangerous. They're a team who can plod through and go a big run at the back end of the season. Dufty at the dragons had a blinder.

Storm comfortable winners over the Knights this morning unfortunately.

Storm comfortable winners over the Knights this morning unfortunately.

Did Slater play? Thanks

Danick wrote: »
    Did Slater play? Thanks

No, he didn't play.

• Advertisement

The bulldogs really are a disaster. Cap problems, star signings on the way out it seems, down in 15th place. They remind me of Newcastle a few years ago and we all saw how long it took to fix that mess.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement