Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2018.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That was some second half performance from the Raiders against the Tigers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Yet another game this year where a team manages to snatch defeat from certain victory. The Eels will be kicking themselves black and blue.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Only saw the highlights and it sounds like the Dragons didn't play well but that was a smashing finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

It was pretty drab stuff from the dragons but it's a win. It pains me to say it but I think saints are just gonna come up short when it comes to the big games at the end of the season.

Warriors started like a train, and now the Sharks look like the only winners.

• Advertisement

Bleurgh. Forward by a mile, officiating poor again, but the Warriors should be in positions where sh*te refs don't cost them games.

Great comeback for the Broncos. Knights had a rough time with Ponga off injured. Always fear for them when he's not around.

Titans played very well to beat the Tigers. Cowboys lost yet another close one.

JT seemed to be getting back to his best. Pity about the kick at the end.

JT seemed to be getting back to his best. Pity about the kick at the end.
    Absolutely. As a NSW fan he kills me but what a player. It's a shame the cowboys are having such a bad season and will miss the finals he deserves a better send off.

• Advertisement

Titans were very ordinary but the Broncos looked good today.

Broncos with some impressive hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Hoping for a good Origin game today and of course hoping we can win it for Billy - there is nothing quite like an Origin game - enjoy lads

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Danick wrote: »
    Hoping for a good Origin game today and of course hoping we can win it for Billy - there is nothing quite like an Origin game - enjoy lads

You got an awesome game! Deserved win for Maroons, but super display from Blues too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Trojan wrote: »
    You got an awesome game! Deserved win for Maroons, but super display from Blues too.

I sure did - it was epic! Takes the sting out of losing the series - I thought Holmes saved the game for us with his intercept towards the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Danick wrote: »
    I sure did - it was epic! Takes the sting out of losing the series - I thought Holmes saved the game for us with his intercept towards the end.

I think so. Not sure if the blues were going to get in, but they'd been knocking on the door for a while.

(I'm technically a neutral but have always been a NSW fan because they've been perennial underdogs)

That was some performance from Valentine Holmes. Great game to end the series.

How does a player who plays two games in a losing series get player of the series?

How does a player who plays two games in a losing series get player of the series?

As someone who has always cheered on QLD, admittedly not that fervent, it's a fecking stupid decision, it's more or less like a life time achievement award.

Great win for the Warriors over the weekend, beating the Broncos fairly handily, glad they didn't continue the shocker from the previous week.

• Advertisement

Only caught up on the weekend action today. Delighted for the Warriors. :cool:

Simon Mannering is retiring at the end of the season, sad day for the Warriors, he was one of the few players who always looked like he was giving it 100% during the many poor seasons of recent years (since I started watching anyway). 14 seasons with just one club, and hopefully should get to 300 appearances. Club legend.

God I hate the Storm.

Cowboys really are in trouble. They have a tough run in and the second last game against the eels could be a wooden spoon decider. It would be a shame to see Thurston go out with a spoon.

Felt for the Warriors after that defeat.

Roosters looked good although Manly's defence was all over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

Cowboys really are in trouble. They have a tough run in and the second last game against the eels could be a wooden spoon decider. It would be a shame to see Thurston go out with a spoon.

Thurston having a shocker of a season...

hsbc wrote: »

The fact the rest of the team are having a 'mare doesn't help but it really does look like a season too long for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

hsbc wrote: »

the age old mistake of retiring a year earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭hsbc

The fact the rest of the team are having a 'mare doesn't help but it really does look like a season too long for him.

True - the team aren't great but I've seen Thurston do things this year that he never used to - missed tackles, poor kicks, etc. There doesn't seem to be any spark there.

The last couple of years seems to have caught up on the whole squad.

• Advertisement

Looks like the Eels are gassed. Wheels just fell off. If Haynes hadn't had the full length try ruled out they might have hung on I think, but not now. ALL bunnies now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement