Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2018.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Lots of speculation the Eels have been up to shenanigans with the salary cap. They're denying it of course.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Lots of speculation the Eels have been up to shenanigans with the salary cap. They're denying it off course.
    I heard something about that the other day. Surely they can't be that stupid?
    On a sadder note ex Dragon Lance Thompson was found dead by his 17 year old daughter. Sad times for the family he was only, 40.
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/dragons/dragons-legend-lance-thompson-has-been-found-dead-in-his-home-aged-40/news-story/b04738df4298d384748079b70cedbb38

Brilliant win for the Warriors, just behind the Panthers on points difference now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Pleased to see Thurston get a happy send-off. Also good to see the Warriors get a finals spot. Fusitu'a top of the try scoring charts now.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Good win for the warriors last night. 7 season since last finals. No wonder kiwis don't have much faith in them.
    I didn't see the Bulldogs game last week so cant comment, but last night game wasnt as hard as the game two weeks ago vs Knights, more mistakes last night. Very much felt like an easy pre season friendly. Game never in doubt.
    RTS had a very quiet game, I suppose he didnt have to, hopefully the less hits and runs will have him refreshed for next week. Panthers seriously tried to slow things down. What about David Fusitua? 
    Over 17,000 at Mt. Smart, great athmosphere, looking forward to Friday night already.
    For a home semi, we need few results to go our way, point difference is a bit poor. Bloody doggies last week.
    All I'm asking for is:
    Roosters OR Manly to beat Broncos 
    Storm to beat Panthers
    Knights & Bulldogs to beat Sharks
    Knights & Bulldogs to beat Dragons
    And of coarse Warriors to win at home vs Raiders. Can 7 results go Warriors way?

• Advertisement

swiftman wrote: »
    All I'm asking for is:
    Roosters OR Manly to beat Broncos 
    Storm to beat Panthers
    Knights & Bulldogs to beat Sharks
    Knights & Bulldogs to beat Dragons
    And of coarse Warriors to win at home vs Raiders. Can 7 results go Warriors way?

No idea about the other results but Raiders just the kind of game the Warriors have a habit of losing!

Fierce collision between Dylan Napa and Andrew McCullough in the Broncos win.

https://twitter.com/wwos/status/1033294313411698689

Well the Bulldogs looking good again, pretty frustrating for fans who've seen how bang average they've been for a big chunk of the season I'd have thought. The Dragons wobbly again unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Cowboys and Doggies finding form at wrong end of the season - frustrating as hell.

Is it just me or do the Dragons look like they are going to get destroyed in their opening game of the finals?

• Advertisement

What a performance from Reimis Smith. He got the better of Dufty twice and he's no slouch.

Thought the Sharks played some clever stuff against the Knights too.

What a performance from Reimis Smith. He got the better of Dufty twice and he's no slouch.

Thought the Sharks played some clever stuff against the Knights too.

Poor Duffy made to look very average indeed.

Nice win for the Rabbitohs over the Tigers but Sam Burgess going off holding his hamstring will be a concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭swiftman

Just out the door, heading to Warriors Raiders.
    Not much on the line, looks like away to Rabbitohs or Roosters. Both we bet away from home earlier in season.
    Due to Mannerings 300th game, and his birthday during the week, they slashed the tickets giving casual fans the choice what they wanted to pay for tickets, starting at $5. Pity I got 2 on Sunday for $40 each.
    Anyways, looking forward to a 26,000 sell out Mt Smart

swiftman wrote: »
    Just out the door, heading to Warriors Raiders.
    Not much on the line, looks like away to Rabbitohs or Roosters. Both we bet away from home earlier in season.
    Due to Mannerings 300th game, and his birthday during the week, they slashed the tickets giving casual fans the choice what they wanted to pay for tickets, starting at $5. Pity I got 2 on Sunday for $40 each.
    Anyways, looking forward to a 26,000 sell out Mt Smart

Hope it's a great evening, and big Warriors win obviously. Mannering is an absolute legend, deserves a good atmosphere.

Pleased with both of the results as the Warriors and Panthers win. Getting excited for finals footy now.

So the Roosters are Minor Premiership Champs after their big win.

Pleased to see Thurston sign off with a win over the Titans. Nice send off for him.

https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1035799972191465472

Great try by Corey Oates in the Broncos' victory over Manly.

https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1036153129694154752

Now we're into finals footy at last. :cool:

Great try by Corey Oates in the Broncos' victory over Manly.

https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1036153129694154752

Now we're into finals footy at last. :cool:

That was some try. Hopefully we're in for a great end to the season, even better the Warriors are in amongst it.

It's in the bag, now Sheamus is on board. :pac:https://twitter.com/WWENZ/status/1036476557995343872?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

The England V New Zealand games that were planned for the next two years in the U.S. have been cancelled apparantly. I can't post a link I'm on the phone. It's on the BBC site. Promoters ran out of money it looks like.

The England V New Zealand games that were planned for the next two years in the U.S. have been cancelled apparantly. I can't post a link I'm on the phone. It's on the BBC site. Promoters ran out of money it looks like.

Shame, but probably no surprise.

Managed to catch Storm's close win over the Rabbitohs. Great game.

Kaufusi was a beast while Brodie Croft really stepped up. Felt sorry for Greg Inglis being on the losing side as he gave it everything. I thought Storm just about deserved the win. Super start to the finals series.

Managed to catch Storm's close win over the Rabbitohs. Great game.

Kaufusi was a beast while Brodie Croft really stepped up. Felt sorry for Greg Inglis being on the losing side as he gave it everything. I thought Storm just about deserved the win. Super start to the finals series.

Watched it in replay. Excellent game, Sam Burgess didn't have a great game unfortunately and I agree, Storm probably edged it.

Huge game this morning, I really hope the Warriors turn up (and the Panthers don't!).

Oh well.

Started so promisingly for the Warriors before it all went wrong.

Impressive win for the Roosters. Knew the Sharks were beaten when Latrell Mitchell made that last ditch saving tackle on Luke Lewis.

• Site Banned Posts: 175 ✭✭jimjimjimmy

Gutted over the Rabbitohs loss yesterday, threw the game away in the last few minutes, very poor discipline. Played nowhere near their best, relied far too much on the kicking game of Reynolds for most of the game, attack looked very flat and lacking in ideas. Still almost managed to get their first win in Melbourne despite not playing well for most of it. Man oh man do I hate the Storm, hate losing to them more than anyone, I despise Smith and Slater.

Thought the refs were poor for both sides, the offside rule seemed non existant. Hate the fact that Origin and Finals practically have a different set of rules in the way the refs fail to implement them

If the Rabbitohs can manage to put in a full 80 minutes of concentration I think they are unstoppable but it will be their mental strength that will be the undoing of them, talent wise they are capable of beating anyone on their day. Should bounce back next week with a win. C'mon the Bunnies!

Gutted over the Rabbitohs loss yesterday, threw the game away in the last few minutes, very poor discipline. Played nowhere near their best, relied far too much on the kicking game of Reynolds for most of the game, attack looked very flat and lacking in ideas. Still almost managed to get their first win in Melbourne despite not playing well for most of it. Man oh man do I hate the Storm, hate losing to them more than anyone, I despise Smith and Slater.

Thought the refs were poor for both sides, the offside rule seemed non existant. Hate the fact that Origin and Finals practically have a different set of rules in the way the refs fail to implement them

If the Rabbitohs can manage to put in a full 80 minutes of concentration I think they are unstoppable but it will be their mental strength that will be the undoing of them, talent wise they are capable of beating anyone on their day. Should bounce back next week with a win. C'mon the Bunnies!

That drives me mad too. Anything goes it seems, farcical at times in Origin.

Dragons looked very good this morning against the Broncos. Hope they go all the way now. Well, tbh, I just hope somebody, anybody, stops the Storm from winning it.

• Advertisement

I did not see that result coming. Great win for the Dragons. Pity about the injuries they suffered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement