Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Bravia (is it that) Smart? TV KDL40W705C

• 10-12-2017 12:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭

I have this TV over a 18 months and its ok.
    Im happy - I can access my Sky and Netflix at the touch of one single button.

I never bothered looking at it's other capabilities but i was looking at its features today and there are hundreds of apps installed .

My question is - are these apps used by anyone - can i access other apps - can i choose new apps to download and make these easier to access?
    Can i upgrade or update this tv to allow new apps.

Or should I just stick to the TV access & netflix and look at buying something more modern with additional features

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Folks, please bear in mind the prohibition on discussion of methods of obtaining subscription or other services illegally/without paying the rights holders.

Mod Hat Off

Hi,

I'm not sure what you're asking here - is the purpose of the apps not clear or is there something you want the TV to do that its not doing already ?

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

Thanks Ritz,

Im not sure what my tv is capable of doing - that's the truth of it.

(wary crouching stance)
    I might go onto google and see what it can tell me

Is it just this version of the Bravia software - it's like it was developed by 2 year olds or are they all like this?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Hi again,

I'm afraid I can't comment on the operating system of your Sony - my last Sony tv had a 21" CRT screen !

As far as I know more current Sony TVs have an Android based operating system, perhaps your model has an earlier proprietary Sony system which might be a bit "clunky". Google should give you mora info, maybe some Sony owner here might chime in to help.

Cheers,

Ritz

Advertisement