Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XXI: Christmas Chaos!

Options
  • 10-12-2017 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭

Its 1984, and the town of Kingston Falls is about to experience a Christmas like none they've ever seen before......

That’s right folks, this Holiday Season Boards Werewolf pays homage to some classic Christmas movies....

Randall Peltzer didn’t think he was doing anything wrong when he brought home the cutest, strangest little furball as a present for his son Billy. Only three rules had to be followed.

Keep them out of sunlight
    Keep them away from water and
    Don’t feed them after midnight

Unfortunately an accident with a glass of water has led to some extra furballs who don’t look too friendly. Friends and neighbours are receiving presents of the surplus little critters! And now guess who’s managed to get at the fridge at 5 past midnight……

Meanwhile two desperate housebreakers have gotten separated. This holiday season join their hilarious killing spree as they try to get out of Kingston Falls before the little furry guys take over

The gremlins
    Stripe

The leader of the pack! Stripe is immune to peaks

Gremlin grunt

Just an everyday Gremlin, just trying to get along, cause havoc and party.....

The Wet Bandits – The Serial Killer Team
    Marv

Harry

The serial Killers are a team, however they are separated and take alternate kills each night, starting with Marv- i.e they will kill every night. They don’t know each other and have separate rooms. If one dies the other picks up their kills

Village power roles
    Ghost of Christmas past: the priest, learns the roles of the dead

Ghost of Christmas present: bodyguard- can protect one player each night. Cannot protect the same player each night

Ghost of Christmas future: the seer. Gets one peek per night, which will return good or bad based in the role currently given to the target. Stripe will always appear good.

Special roles

Mogwai:

Mogwai is playing for itself. Its win condition is it needs to survive to the end of the game. For parity purposes Mogwai counts as village and appears good on peeks.

If Mogwai is munched by the gremlins an additional gremlin will be activated.

If Mogwai is lynched by the village the gremlins lose their next munch.

If the serial killers get Mogwai they get two kills the next night

Mogwai is a very special character. If they entertain us they may get some very nice presents this Christmas.......

Please be aware that the mods have some secrets in this game. you can ask but we may not tell you!

Win Conditions
    For a village/good win they simply have to kill all the werewolves and the Serial Killers
    For a Wolf/evil win they have to gain parity of numbers with the village. E.g. 3 wolves and 3 villagers left = wolf win. They also have to wipe out the other team.
    For Mogwai to win they need to survive to the end of the game.

Rules:
    1) Once you are killed do not post in the thread again.
    2) Don’t cheat, it’s a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread.
    3) Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in as a minimum. Try to have a minimum of 5 posts per day.
    4) No posting of any PM's from the game mod or referring to the content of them.
    5) Game starts with a gremlin slaughter to be revealed at 10am Monday morning. Lynches arevat 9pm each evening.
    6) If you've got any questions for us send the mods a message.
    7) Win conditions are listed above.
    8) Don’t be a sensitive soul. While boards own forum rules clearly take precedence over any in-game rules that I have, this is a game where people will be insulted, there will be some bad language and people will try to provoke a reaction out of each other. Please accept this is part of the game and don’t go annoying the mods with the report post button unless really needed.
    9) If someone misses 2 votes in a row without a good reason they will be modkilled and, where possible, replaced with a substitute.
    10) DO NOT EVER EDIT A POST. IF YOU HIT THE POST REPLY BUTTON THEN LIVE WITH IT. YELLOW CARDS AND RED CARDS WILL BE HANDED OUT TO PLAYERS WHO EDIT POSTS.
    11) Do not share your vote form password to anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself.
    12) Have fun, make meme’s, take the piss and try to enjoy the game.
    13) The votes will be published when I announce the Lynch. They will be posted in order of who received the most votes and then in chronological order but with no timestamps.
    14) People are free to post in the thread until the lynch and slaughter are announced. You are not dead until I make a post in the game thread announcing it.
    15) In the event of a tie in lynch votes, the last vote cast before a certain time to be decided by the mods will be the decider.

I may have left out some rules and if anything comes up in the game I’ll answer any PM’s and on some occasions I may even post rule clarifications in the thread.

NO POSTING ON THREAD YET PLEASE
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus......

AND WE’RE OFF!!!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

First

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Isla is back!
    S9hqbY.gif

Let's hope we don't have to lynch you again for taking disco biscuits so.

1t0Y-3.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

FRANK THE TANK

FRANK THE TANK

FRANK THE TANK

FRANK THE TANK

FRANK THE TANK

FRANK THE TANK

FRANK THE TANK

• Advertisement

Wendy WW wrote: »
    Let's hope we don't have to lynch you again for taking disco biscuits so.

Im a changed Isla, born again one would say. I've put days like these behind me
    tenor.gif?itemid=5009288

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Evening all. Are we still wrestling ?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

We need more snow, less wrestling.

Finniest-Snow-Memes-Ever8.jpg

Barbara WW wrote: »

Not me. I'm a princess :)

giphy.gif

Steve WW wrote: »
    We need more snow, less wrestling.

Finniest-Snow-Memes-Ever8.jpg

I agree, we need to do the following with the wrestling:

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Not me. I'm a princess :)

giphy.gif

You look hairy

Barbara WW wrote: »

Once your DX/NWO/The Kliq your that group for life. But that was another life
    2-lost-dizi.gif

so how long have we got until we have to stop showing personality incase that looks like we are doing tasks? :pac:

I give it about 5 minutes, Isla.

I give it about 5 minutes, Isla.

Never!

The challenge begins, how to be an interesting poster without referencing pop culture / the theme of the game your playing.

I say give yourself tasks:

task 1 - post more gifs than whichever anon account is necro. If I achieve this my reward will be a cookie

E7MQ4v3.gif

I like you Isla, maybe I won't lynch you straight away :P (I jest)

Let the disco biscuit craze begin!

Disco-Biscuits-GIF.gif?resize=600%2C399

yes yes Isla good, that is indeed what people should take from the first exchange on this thread :)
    WahNEDdlGjRZ.gif

Biscuits verses snow. Difficult choice.

ee14b404247417ef14d1725dbfd2cef8--so-funny-funny-dogs.jpg

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Nidgy here and looking forward to xmas in the village whilst nursing a dog of a hangover today!

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Nidgy here and looking forward to xmas in the village whilst nursing a dog of a hangover today!

what kind of a dog... a wolfie one?

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Jokes aside, finding and lynching the Mogwai would be a very good move for the village, kill rate is 2 per night from the looks of it.

Although... it says SKs alternate each night, but game starts with a gremlin kill tomorrow... so do SKs start killing from night 2 or night 1?

So many questions.

OOHH I have one.

Says in the OP we can ask about the secrets. So I'm asking ;)

Jokes aside, finding and lynching the Mogwai would be a very good move for the village, kill rate is 2 per night from the looks of it.

Although... it says SKs alternate each night, but game starts with a gremlin kill tomorrow... so do SKs start killing from night 2 or night 1?

So many questions.

OOHH I have one.

Says in the OP we can ask about the secrets. So I'm asking ;)

I'm not sure about the Mogwai, even though it seems like it'd be good to get them, they still appear to be a villager and maybe a good roled one. That said if someone says it's them umm yeah go with what we know

Spike (or was it stripe) has the be the leader of the baddies though so whatever SPike might do to show themselves should be sought out the most as you would imagine he would have the best baddie powers to neitralize and seers cant spy him.

Interesting to note that we have two baddies from Home Alone though I wonder what other non Gremlin characters there are. Might we have a Kevin McCallister on our team setting traps for them?

Possibly. That's why I asked what the secrets were :pac:

Not that I'm expecting an answer.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Holly reporting for village jury duty

I think I had too many of the aforementioned biscuits...

20trh1.jpg

biscuits-biscuits-everywhere-1-.jpg

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Doris the Exploris is back baby

Frank is Where its at

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Advertisement

giphy-downsized-large.gif