Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WW XXI: Christmas Chaos!

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    It's around 10:30am, how can you be so sure who you will be voting for this early, we have the whole day ahead.

I would assume it is as things stand but yeah this is Day 2 I would imagine more oddness on thread with people possibly revealing themselves on thread due to tasks etc will change how it stands for everyone before FFAs and votes start being done.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    I want consensus from the village and committment to do the FFAs - or a reason why. Silence isnt good enough.

Even you, who dont believe the FFAs were worth doing on day 1 and 2 did one. So why wouldnt we hold others to account on why they arent doing FFAs?

That's a fair point, I'll agree on that. Let's just lynch all the low posters one after the other.

Starting with Phil.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Just let the bg go with his gut and let the chips fall where they may

I have no control over the BG, im simply trying to give him/her a steer, if they need it. The BG should know to disregard this if they have a better alternative.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Is Ewan the only one to vote outside of their FFA?

Is Ewan the only one to vote outside of their FFA?

Ewan admitted his FFA was hogwash and said he'd be voting for a low poster.

Who has since been modkilled.

He's clearly an SK. As is Winnie.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

I have no control over the BG, im simply trying to give him/her a steer, if they need it. The BG should know to disregard this if they have a better alternative.

My point is, who are you to steer him ?

He doesnt know your a wolf or not, your steering means nothing for now, esp when its to protect yourself

I'd also like to highlight those pointing themselves out as NRVs are narrowing the selection pool for our roled players.

So NRVs, please don't out yourselves. The job for NRVs is to act as cannon fodder to protect our important villagers.

Conor WW wrote: »
    Ewan admitted his FFA was hogwash and said he'd be voting for a low poster.

Who has since been modkilled.

He's clearly an SK. As is Winnie.

Blindly voting for a low poster on day 1, is not helping the village, admittedly, he may not have been following the game yesterday and just placed a throwaway vote. He is one to watch.

I'd also like to highlight those pointing themselves out as NRVs are narrowing the selection pool for our roled players.

So NRVs, please don't out yourselves. The job for NRVs is to act as cannon fodder to protect our important villagers.

I would second this.

• Advertisement

Holly WW wrote: »
    My point is, who are you to steer him ?

He doesnt know your a wolf or not, your steering means nothing for now, esp when its to protect yourself

Im a villager. I know this. You guys dont, so being suspicious is fine.

But me asking might get me protected which will mean i cant be a wolf (maybe i could be an SK, but we can cross that bridge if we come to it), and it wastes a wolf kill if the wolves dont believe the BG will protect me and go to kill me.

If it comes to it and everyone is suspicious of me, then ill race or argue my point no problem. I know im a villager, so even if a lose a race or turn people against me, we will only be losing a plain old villager.

Im waiting to hear a better plan for the protect, because if i was the BG, id be sitting back wondering why the village arent trying to help.

If the BG has their own plan, the above wont matter - if they are struggling, the more suggestions we give them the better - even if its just to give us a list of people arguing their case for NRV-dom - cases which can then be later pulled apart.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Been thinking, what if Wendy was mogwai, and the gremlins got their extra player activated and it wasn't announced or the activation takes place today?

I'm always of the impression if a turn takes place, it's announced, but in this case it would identify mogwai, so it's possible it won't be announced.

Yet more deflection away from Moggy hunting btw. Noting for latter.

Look if i die, please keep on Phil.

Dont rule out Conor (i think he is good, but it could just be an alpha trying to dominate the village - soznotsoz Conor).

Isla is parroting back points that Conor and i are making - i think trying to pocket us. Keep looking there.

Angus WW wrote: »
    Yet more deflection away from Moggy hunting btw. Noting for latter.

Good man Angus, I'm obsessed with Mogwai, keep a note of it.

The thing about asking for protection, and assuming you are a nrv, it will make the wolf/sk probably decide not to kill you, thinking you might have got protection, therefore leaving the power vil more likely to get killed.

Of course there are other scenarios I would rather not highlight.

The thing about asking for protection, and assuming you are a nrv, it will make the wolf/sk probably decide not to kill you, thinking you might have got protection, therefore leaving the power vil more likely to get killed.

Yeah I didn't want to point that out but that was more my concern, not the actual request.

• Advertisement

Yep

Good man Angus, I'm obsessed with Mogwai, keep a note of it.

K, notes taken and expanded since that post ;)

People need to stop getting so defensive if one or two people question them too, your going to be questioned the last thing you should do is lash out at people. Not saying you were doing that but If I was just parroting you then the last main thing I would have been doing on this thread would not have been to be the first one to call you out for asking for BG protection.

It's very early in the day people, nobody is making FFAs or lynching anyone for a long time.

Why'd the chicken cross the road?

A joke angus? Really? Thats highly entertaining of you. And right before a munch to perhaps meet a deadline?

• Advertisement

This is largely confuzzling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Gabriel wandered in from the Christmas market. 12 mince pies, a fatted goose and a nice bottle of blue nun. All shaping up for a lovely Christmas. But what was this! The door was unlocked! And noises from upstairs. Well, those pesky local kids, after all nothing bad ever happens in Christmas movies. Gabriel crept up the stairs and peeked into the room. There was the ugliest little green man ever, helping itself to the Christmas pudding and mulled wine. Gabriel had just managed to stifle a scream when a second green shape barged them into the room and began to munch on their ankle

Gabriel was munched by the gremlins

Conor came home after doing a spot of Christmas shopping to see that their front door was slightly ajar. They entered the house thinking that they must have forgotten to lock the door. Making their way into the kitchen Conor noticed that the tap was running and the sink was over flowing. That was the last thing Conor saw before a crowbar came down on Conor's head.
    Conor was munched by the Wet Bandits

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

This is largely confuzzling.

Teegan the Mogi and saved a munch or just tardy mods? :)

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Teegan the Mogi and saved a munch or just tardy mods? :)

Or not

Flip.

I had Gabriel as the Mogi, i hope i was wrong!

Well that mixes things up. They were two of the more talkative villagers we had. Would we have to assume they were both villagers or is it possible that the bandits and Gremlins might accidentally target each other? Obviously our ghost can find out but keep that to yourself unless we need to know

Well not knowing alignment, makes the mood indifferent at killing time. Though the chances of the baddies hitting each other is slim.

Bugger. Didn't trust either, had Connor in my FFA. Bugger.

The joke, btw, was just me being stupid before the lynch trying to continue Wendy's trend from yesterday.

Phil, you'd better speak up big time today cause those deaths don't help you at all....

Conors kill is a bit surprising given he had a bit of heat.

• Advertisement

I AM NOT ADVOCATING THE PRIEST COMING OUT.

But what are the circumstances under which we think they should.

If the alpha has died? This would mean the seer is a true seer at that stage.

If the seer has died (probably not tbf, as that is a big role to have lost).

None of the other roles would warrant coming out, unless there is a weight of other evidence/useful reveals that comes with it (and i doubt there would be at this stage).

That is a fair point, make yourself known Phil, as the guy who wanted you lynched just died. It was him voting despite only posting around twice that had Conor on him iirc

Conor was on Ewan, Wini and Phil. I suggest these are the players to focus on, if we are reading into his death.

unless he was on the right track with something he said.

I think Conor was somewhat off the radar following yesterdays lynch, the fact he didnt vote for Teegan probably dropped him down in some peoples suspicions.

If Phil killed Conor on that basis, it was a silly wolf move.

Conor was on Ewan, Wini and Phil. I suggest these are the players to focus on, if we are reading into his death.

His death does seem odd to me as he was someone that people had in their FFAs, not mine but still. Therefore you would think they would target a talkative poster who perhaps wasn't under Village suspicion but they didn't they targeted him.

Those three have the kind of post count i'd expect an imortant wolf to be hiding in but that does not mean there may notbe talkative wolves too.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

SKs killed Conor, he thought it was Ewan and Wini.

Hard to read into Phil there tbh, I'd be looking more at Ewan while keeping an eye on Wini.

I would have thought Conor the obvious kill, not sure why people are surprised.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I had Gabriel as the Mogi, i hope i was wrong!

Mind saying why you thought Gabby was the Mogwai? anyone else you have down for any roles? I suggest only who you think are wolves though, don't want to out good guys

• Advertisement

Connor was near the top of some FFas and nearly got lynched last night. Imo, the wolves would have left him alive if he had been off track as he was a prime candidate to get lynched tonight based on last night and how hard he was pushing out.

Liam WW wrote: »

Hard to read into Phil there tbh, I'd be looking more at Ewan while keeping an eye on Wini.

He would only be the obvious kill if he was heading in the right direction if he wasn't he would be hindering the Village and therefore helping them. So yeah i'll be watching those he was suspicious of a bit more closely now if they do post more. Given their inactivity I doubt they are Mogwai entertainers but if he was killed for a reason they could be SKs.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Or perhaps its a splendid move considering your post above suggests your clearing phil.

Liam WW wrote: »

Yep, on second thoughts, killing Conor could have been quite a smart move. Conor was killed by a single SK, he was suss of numerous players, now the SK will expect us to put heat on all of them. IMO, the SK who killed Conor is unlikely to be any of the 3 above. They could however be the other SK or wolves, but to me, the SK who killed Conor was just deflecting any attention from himself.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Yep, on second thoughts, killing Conor could have been quite a smart move. Conor was killed by a single SK, he was suss of numerous players, now the SK will expect us to put heat on all of them. IMO, the SK who killed Conor is unlikely to be any of the 3 above. They could however be the other SK or wolves, but to me, the SK who killed Conor was just deflecting any attention from himself.

Exactly, lone SK so at worst its pushing heat onto two other players, at best three, killing anyone else wouldn't have had the same effect.

That being said, I believe he may have been poking his lad in the right places given he was so close to a lynching.

Anyone got the post count for who is alive?

• Advertisement

Isla WW wrote: »
    Mind saying why you thought Gabby was the Mogwai? anyone else you have down for any roles? I suggest only who you think are wolves though, don't want to out good guys

I had 3 potential suspects for Mogi, Gabriel wss first one.
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    I think my internet is a little snow tonight

Get it get it haw haw haw haw
    Gabriel WW wrote: »
    It was the night before day 1 and all through the Kremlin*,
    Not a creature was stirring not even a Gremlin
    The noose it was hung from the gallows with care
    In the hopes the aul Stripe soon would die there
    The villagers were nestled all snug in there beds
    With visions of gremlins with spikes in thier heads

*for poetic license this village is in mother russia

First couple of posts on thread looked like they were trying to be entertaining and looking for thanks.

Ive one or two others in mind but will save those till tomorrow.

From a wolf prespective im on Doris as an sk now, couple of things she posted early in the game which ill quote later for my FFA. Hard not to see something forming on Phil based on the votes/post but id be wary of going all in on him just yet. Ill hold off and see how/if he posts today.

I will go back through the Teegan/Conor voters as i feel there is one or two wolves in there; it looked like a bandwagon formed somewhat.

Anyone got the post count for who is alive?

easier to remember who is dead

Wendy
    Tegan
    Conor
    Gabby

everyone else is still alive.

Tegan was a possible wolf but there is no way to be sure. Wendy a possible Mogwai given her jokes but I feel we would have found out already, Conor may have been leading us the right way and Gabby someone else thought could have been the Mog but im not sure why

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

FFA 1

Player Choice 1 Choice 2 Choice 3
    Barbara Tegan Doris Riona
    Angus Conor Liam Barbara
    Conor Holly Isla Winifred
    Steve Tegan Conor
    Isla Tegan Gabriel Frank
    Tegan Frank Gabriel Barbara
    Nigel Conor Gabriel Doris
    Liam Frank Ewan
    Winifred Conor Tegan Gabriel
    Gabriel Tegan Frank
    Ewan Frank Conor Tegan
    Jake Desmond Nigel Isla
    Frank Liam Tegan Gabriel
    Riona Isla Conor Angus

Hi. I posted my FFA yesterday such as it was. I may have tagged it incorrectly.
    Derry WW wrote: »
    #ffa1
    Phil
    Jake
    Conor

Are we doing reasons after or now? I mean, after 1 busy day with only a brief skim mine are pretty flimsy but still...
    Reasons are still flimsy. (Quiet, mouthy, mouthy). But it's day one. You're as well off picking people at random and seeing how they squirm.

and now the why from Nigel has been explained from my post above that I can't edit :D

Connor was near the top of some FFas and nearly got lynched last night. Imo, the wolves would have left him alive if he had been off track as he was a prime candidate to get lynched tonight based on last night and how hard he was pushing out.

He was but I dont think he would have featured as high on an FFA today, his behaviour with the vote cleared him somewhat in my mind and probably in a lot of peoples minds. That said he obviously hit a nerve somewhere.

We should look at Gab aswell, two people died and there might be something into what Gab was pursuing aswell as Conor

Frustrating aswell the mod note only says wet bandits and not Harry or Merv, would have at least given us an indication of who was dead/alive out of those guys

• Advertisement
Advertisement