Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XXI: Christmas Chaos!

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    Isn't that what Conor did?

Seriously, why bother post a fake one of random names?

Weird.

Yup. On the watchlist, that one is.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

I don't like ffas until I actually have a sense for what is going on so will be abstaining from on

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Gabriel WW wrote: »
    Hey I thought you were trying to pocket me earlier so this comes as quite a surprise

Tbh, I thought YOU were trying to pocket ME, hence why I put you on my list. I've agreed with 90% of what you've said, in terms of general strategy, and I don't like being so trusting of someone so quickly so, to be safe, I'm putting you on my "don't trust" list for now.

If that makes any sense...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be up tonight. That's fine. I'm not significant so happy to take one for the team. Watch those putting me on FFAs though, especially those with limited to no reason for the other names on their FFAs.

You're on one or two ya gimp will ya slow down

Cheesus, the self pity is real today folks "someone accused me boohoo looks like I'm for the chop"

You're still contradiciting yourslef by the way, let's look at the people who put you on the FFA, sure we don't know that that's their actual FFA or just a tester to see how people react.

Morons trying to overcomplicate everything is what's the most confusing thing about this game, same with Steve and his bloody MD5s.

And to add Liam, my list were of three people I thought likely to be jumped on in FFAs. I wanted to gauge reactions. I was deliberately being contradictory to my previous posts to see who if anyone would pick up on it.

Steering, btw Steve? Steering what? Team village is a rudderless vessel with no captain.

Still stand by the peeking low and lynching mid/high plan earlier. That's a great idea.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Cheesus, the self pity is real today folks "someone accused me boohoo looks like I'm for the chop"

You're still contradiciting yourslef by the way, let's look at the people who put you on the FFA, sure we don't know that that's their actual FFA or just a tester to see how people react.

Morons trying to overcomplicate everything is what's the most confusing thing about this game, same with Steve and his bloody MD5s.

You ****ing tell em tom

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

I thought it was a great idea! :(

Where was the self pity? I couldn't give a sh1te if I'm up!

Mary WW wrote: »
    I don't like ffas until I actually have a sense for what is going on so will be abstaining from on

If you're suss of one or two people at any stage, letting us know is a big help, or might be in future.

I'm not asking you to share now or give names based on minor **** all the time but if minor **** is all you have we'll take it, at least it's coming from a suspicion as opposed to pulling random names out for the sake of it.

Not just at you

Steve WW wrote: »
    I thought it was a great idea! :(

In theory its a 100% solid idea but there's no way in hell that even half the players would manage to do it correctly, which is why I think it's needless overcomplication.

• Advertisement

And to add Liam, my list were of three people I thought likely to be jumped on in FFAs. I wanted to gauge reactions. I was deliberately being contradictory to my previous posts to see who if anyone would pick up on it.

Steering, btw Steve? Steering what? Team village is a rudderless vessel with no captain.

Still stand by the peeking low and lynching mid/high plan earlier. That's a great idea.

By getting your ffa in first, you are steering, you may have thought you weren't, but you did, sure you even said that isla copied your ffa exactly, so you must be aware of that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Steves idea was decent but was never gonna work. Imagine getting players to do it when we cant even get them to do a standard ffa

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,295 ✭✭✭Gabriel WW

Also how are ye compiling these random names? Are they really random? Are ye using rings as that's against the rules :P

Santa bring the ban hammer down

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Ive a stupid song suck in my head :(:(:(:(

Steve WW wrote: »
    By getting your ffa in first, you are steering, you may have thought you weren't, but you did, sure you even said that isla copied your ffa exactly, so you must be aware of that.

So what? People are capable of independent thought? Fine if you want to have at me for my plan regarding the FFAs but this steering bullsh1t is exactly that, bullsh1t. I'll post what I want, when I want, don't expect anyone to follow me, but if they do I'll damn sure pull them up on it when it's the exact same.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

#FFA1

Based on my interations over the last day this shouldnt really come as a surprise

1. Conor, seriously contradicting himself and ive called him out on a few things. He seems to be happy enough to chalk down the discrepancies to trying to flush wolves out but as we are im not buying it. The switch from no FFA to Putting an FFA out to gauge reactions was clumsy along with what i highlighted him in.

2. Gabriel, really unsure on him last night and his kill Frank mantra has been a bit odd today. Actually all of those interactions with Frank and the reference to the xmas song just stick in my mind.

3. Doris, highlighted in a post yesterday that she posted about water and one of those furry lads. Potential task, have had very little to go on since but sticks in my mind. There may be no tasks in which case I'm barking up the wrong tree, but i feel there has to be some tasks in game.

At this point ive not decided on who im voting for be these are the ones who stick in mind so far. Might revisit this later but this is where my head is at as of now.

Which is fair enough, but after a day of contradicting and doubling back on yourself after the fact you can see how that would start to get confusing? We have no idea where you stand now, all you've done is **** out plans and grass yourself when you are pulled up on their inconsistency.

I picked up on your contradictions, does that tell you anything about me or this more pseudo -psychology to try hunt solo?

Anyways, I've had enough of a go at you already and I don't want to overdo it, I'm going to move on.

So what? People are capable of independent thought? Fine if you want to have at me for my plan regarding the FFAs but this steering bullsh1t is exactly that, bullsh1t. I'll post what I want, when I want, don't expect anyone to follow me, but if they do I'll damn sure pull them up on it when it's the exact same.

That's perfectly fine.

I have my suspicion of steering, which you refute. fine.

You have you suspicions of following, Also fine.

We are both entitled to have our own suspicion and reasoning. I accept and respect yours, I hope you will provide me the same courtesy.

Oooh the bandwagon is picking up steam now.

*Rubs palms in glee*

Maybe I should have stayed as a lower poster, all of whom are totally skating past still by the way.

Its the best thing you've posted all day and a strategy i can go with.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

see, I feel there's two people working together at the moment and can't shake that feeling now.

But then I've been known to see ghosts in shadows...

Oooh the bandwagon is picking up steam now.

*Rubs palms in glee*

Maybe I should have stayed as a lower poster, all of whom are totally skating past still by the way.

Your plan was to let them skate by initially and peek them, are you doubling back on that one aswell?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Ill be back in about 45mins to an hour. Duty calls.

Angus WW wrote: »
    see, I feel there's two people working together at the moment and can't shake that feeling now.

But then I've been known to see ghosts in shadows...

Care to share?

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Your plan was to let them skate by initially and peek them, are you doubling back on that one aswell?

Nope. That's still a good plan. No harm in highlighting 4 or 5 of us are dominating the posting however and further investigation should be warranted of the lower echelons. Imagine that, look into others and come back and lynch me at 9 if ye like, we have 3 hours yet!

Angus WW wrote: »

Weird but i thought that this morning but about you and Gab, then you both thought the other was trying to pocket each other so i let it go especially now you hate each other now :)

Ive not noticed any other obvious buddies so far.

Nope. That's still a good plan. No harm in highlighting 4 or 5 of us are dominating the posting however and further investigation should be warranted of the lower echelons. Imagine that, look into others and come back and lynch me at 9 if ye like, we have 3 hours yet!

Id agree people need to start looking at lower posters, once you can actually extrapolate something from. The focus has been on the 5 or 6 higher posters which is unfortunately usually the case in the early days.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Id agree people need to start looking at lower posters, once you can actually extrapolate something from. The focus has been on the 5 or 6 higher posters which is unfortunately usually the case in the early days.

We could always break the mold and pile on a lower poster for the laugh :D

Winnie's one of the SKs imo.

Holly's probably a gremlin.

Anyone to post a post list for us suckers on mobile?

• Advertisement

Anyone to post a post list for us suckers on mobile?

I'll do it.

User Name Posts
    Conor WW 62
    Tegan WW 60
    Gabriel WW 59
    Isla WW 52
    Wendy WW 48
    Nigel WW 37
    Steve WW 30
    Frank WW 28
    Liam WW 26
    Barbara WW 25