Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WW XXI: Christmas Chaos!

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Mine would be Doris if she doesnt get lynched tonight! The high posters are being picked off by the wolves at the moment which is an unusual tactic in itself

Dorris fits into my second tier. If she survives, then she's a decent pick too. I'd push for Isla on the back of....shouldn't the current top poster in these threads (based on the last post count posted) be having some impact on the direction we're going?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    I felt the jokes before ydays munch was odd

Happened again today too

Wendy and gab were two of the most entertaining, now they are gone, mogwai hunting by the wolfs, but there is no indication of any tasks for the wolfs/SKs

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

My read on the deaths

1) Take out Connor/Gabriel so sow confusion and see who Connor was onto to deflect attention onto them, as they were vocal players.

2) its possible the evil teams each took out one of their own, or one of another team.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Ewan admitted his FFA was hogwash and said he'd be voting for a low poster.

Who has since been modkilled.

He's clearly an SK. As is Winnie.
    I'd also like to highlight those pointing themselves out as NRVs are narrowing the selection pool for our roled players.

So NRVs, please don't out yourselves. The job for NRVs is to act as cannon fodder to protect our important villagers.
    Barbara WW wrote: »
    Blindly voting for a low poster on day 1, is not helping the village, admittedly, he may not have been following the game yesterday and just placed a throwaway vote. He is one to watch.
    I would second this.

I was going to say I would be watching these two, working like a team, but since Conor has met his demise I am not sure.
    Jake WW wrote: »
    Conor was on Ewan, Wini and Phil. I suggest these are the players to focus on, if we are reading into his death.

TBH if I was a SK or whatever else we have I would defo have taken a hit on Conor as he was doing my box in. No one is cleared by the kill. I am happy he gone.

As for the ridic idea of us not being allowed to say we are NRV, well that is just stoopid. I am a NRV, what do you want me to say? I am a SK just cos Conor said we not allowed to say it? I call BS on that. If you are attacked and you are a NRV of course you will say that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    I felt the jokes before ydays munch was odd

Happened again today too

Let's not get hung up on task hunting, we've no way to know if there is even tasks at play in this game.

That's a rabbit hole wolves would be happy to see us go down

• Advertisement

Ewan WW wrote: »
    As for the ridic idea of us not being allowed to say we are NRV, well that is just stoopid. I am a NRV, what do you want me to say? I am a SK just cos Conor said we not allowed to say it? I call BS on that. If you are attacked and you are a NRV of course you will say that.

Say you're a villager, don't indicate specifically.

Say you're a villager, don't indicate specifically.

I think a lot of us are lazy and type NRV.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    My read on the deaths

1) Take out Connor/Gabriel so sow confusion and see who Connor was onto to deflect attention onto them, as they were vocal players.

2) its possible the evil teams each took out one of their own, or one of another team.

I'm working off the assumption, at the moment, that Connor and Gabs were good, but that we may have a situation where Moggy was Wendy and the Gremlins got her, so we have a team of three in play,...

Damn the no edit.

When reading through I think I saw someone suggest a FFA to see who the seer should peek? I am not a fan of this. I think the seer should go with their gut at this stage as we don't want to paint targets on people. A lot of people might want someone peeked as they think they are a baddy but it may just be they have a role which is on the village side. So I would not be advocating that we pick a lynch.

On Phil, At first I thought there is nothing really about his posts, but as it was pointed out, he managed to vote. So either super busy or super crafty. Maybe see where he voted if they are in timestamp order. It may be they got a vote in when they managed to get online.

LOL Jake, asking to be protected. why on earth would you be a target? surely someone like Conor would have been the best person to protect as he was either the alpha (I thought he was evil) or a rolled villager. I would assume then that the BG protected themself last night and we still have them alive.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭Nigel WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    I'm working off the assumption, at the moment, that Connor and Gabs were good, but that we may have a situation where Moggy was Wendy and the Gremlins got her, so we have a team of three in play,...

You would have to guess there would have been an announcement if a conversion had taken ace.

Also re tasks, its extremely easy for the wolves to just float through the game if there are no tasks, my assumption is there are tasks but im not hung up on it unless i spot something obvious and worthwile to the village. Its also in our interest to take the Mogi out if we spot a task as we will prevent a munch.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    I feel there's three tiers at the moment.

People posting a lot, getting involved, etc
    People posting enough to get by
    People barely posting at all.

I'm not massively worried about the third tier. Phil, Mary, etc might be wolves but they aren't influencing discussions at all right now. So they might be bad, but if they aren't impacting things, then I feel we need to let them contribute more before we waste lunches on them.

The top tier are more likely to hang themselves eventually.

It's the middle tier though that worries me.

My inclinations at the moment would be to focus on the middle of the pack, use peeks on the more active posters, and not worry bout the ones who might be modkilled yet.

Isla, for instance, is my prime candidate for a peak tonight

I disagree with your sentiment of ignoring the bottom tier for now, 3 kills a day wouldn't be long whittling us down to a group of low posters. Happened too many times in the past where a solid village game is ****ed because the last 2-3 lynches are a ****show because none of the low posters Have been following enough to get proper reads, or post enough to have proper reads on them.

So you end up with 7 players with 50 posts between them and they're all pretty much indistinguishable. I'd much rather kill of Phil, Mary and Desmond early than leave them as our last hope.

You're spot on with Isla, the top poster having primarily fluff isn't a good sign.

Ewan WW wrote: »
    Damn the no edit.

When reading through I think I saw someone suggest a FFA to see who the seer should peek? I am not a fan of this. I think the seer should go with their gut at this stage as we don't want to paint targets on people. A lot of people might want someone peeked as they think they are a baddy but it may just be they have a role which is on the village side. So I would not be advocating that we pick a lynch.

On Phil, At first I thought there is nothing really about his posts, but as it was pointed out, he managed to vote. So either super busy or super crafty. Maybe see where he voted if they are in timestamp order. It may be they got a vote in when they managed to get online.

LOL Jake, asking to be protected. why on earth would you be a target? surely someone like Conor would have been the best person to protect as he was either the alpha (I thought he was evil) or a rolled villager. I would assume then that the BG protected themself last night and we still have them alive.

Gabriel voted after Phil did, we don't know if Gabby voted at 8:59 or earlier though, irregardless it's crazy that Phil got a Vote in and 15hrs later still hasn't posted, no excuse there.

I would have thought Conor the obvious protection choice but hoping the BG is still alive either way, I think Xonor was NRV so no huge loss

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    I think Gertie is new, making a better job of looking it than Tegan anyways.

Gertie, if you're about, speak up! Who are you suss of and why?

Well I was suss of Conor but that didn’t work out. I suppose Liam ? I tried to get involved but some of my post get ignored.
    I’m on lunch till 12:45 and then I won’t be able to post much till after 5.

Well I was suss of Conor but that didn’t work out. I suppose Liam ? I tried to get involved but some of my post get ignored.

I just realised I’m replying to Liam telling him I’m suss of Liam. Sorry :(.

do you have a reason to be suss of Liam?

You've only had one post that wasnt filler so far so people arent going to engage unless you present an idea or an opinion. Saying your suss of someone without reason doesnt help either. Throw ideas out there, people will give you stick for accussing them but thats half the fun.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

Been thinking, what if Wendy was mogwai, and the gremlins got their extra player activated and it wasn't announced or the activation takes place today?

I'm always of the impression if a turn takes place, it's announced, but in this case it would identify mogwai, so it's possible it won't be announced.

I doubt Wendy was mogwai, We would not get Wendy's death notice, we would just be told a conversion had taken place and Wendy would go on posting as if nothing happened.

Orla WW wrote: »
    do you have a reason to be suss of Liam?

Not really. He said something yesterday but I can’t even remember what it was. I do know I voted Liam and then changed it to Conor. I asked to mods If I could vote myself but they said it’s against the rules.

Not every post needs a reply, you're not really being ignored

Have you reasons for thinking anyone else is evil or good at the minute? Even a gut feeling of how certain players are trying to influence others

Who did you vote for?

:D Didnt cop that, fair enough

• Advertisement

Steve WW wrote: »
    I doubt Wendy was mogwai, We would not get Wendy's death notice, we would just be told a conversion had taken place and Wendy would go on posting as if nothing happened.

Wendy was a spammer that’s why she was killed I’d bet.

:D Didnt cop that, fair enough

Sorry.

Where does it say Mogwai is the additional gremlin? My impression is mogwai dies and another player is converted.

Can you Bolden that in the OP, because I can't see it

That's not how I understood that from the OP. I understood it to be mogwai would die and there'd be a new gremlin

Wendy was a spammer that’s why she was killed I’d bet.

spammer? harsh! we're all spammers at heart so!

Have you reasons for thinking anyone else is evil or good at the minute? Even a gut feeling of how certain players are trying to influence others

Who did you vote for?

I specially asked How the FFA works. Why didn’t that deserve a reply ?

Sorry.

What for? It's how you play the game, throw **** at people you think are evil until they die, or you stop thinking they're evil and move onto someone else :D

Who did you vote for?

Conor, I voted Conor as I said before.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

I think it's only Jake that keeps using the term pocketing with regards me but agreeing with someone once, on what I don't even recall, and then later calling them out before anyone else when they request BG protection on thread isn't exactly what I would call trying to get them in my pocket. If I post something wolfie fine but otherwise I'll still be more curious about others like Phil or Winnie etc

What for? It's how you play the game, throw **** at people you think are evil until they die, or you stop thinking they're evil and move onto someone else :D

giphy.gif

There's not that many of us actively posting and I guess we were too caught up in pre-lynch arguments to answer you. It would look suspicious if a low poster was to answer you, so you weren't getting an answer from about half the roster anyways.

We all pick our top 3 suspects and give reasons why we suspect them, and then cross reference the lists to see which 3 or 4 people are the most widely suspected. The idea is that we'd all choose the most suspicious of those few people to vote for. Obviously we rarely follow through with the voting where you've people like Conor who didnt think any of yesterday's top 4 were evil, or myself who only suspected 1 of them.

In a couple of days time, hopefully the priest or seer will reveal and give us the name of a wolf or two, from there we can check FFA history, posts and votes of evil players to try and link them to their wolf team mates, as they will be working together and have some coordination going on.

If doesn't work with random lists which is why I got so pissy at Ewan yesterday, if only because he admitted it.

Isla WW wrote: »
    I think it's only Jake that keeps using the term pocketing with regards me but agreeing with someone once, on what I don't even recall, and then later calling them out before anyone else when they request BG protection on thread isn't exactly what I would call trying to get them in my pocket. If I post something wolfie fine but otherwise I'll still be more curious about others like Phil or Winnie etc

"Etc"

Says it all really

Why Winnie?

If your reason is valid and you are able answer questions about it, vote for anyone, if you vote outside your ffa, people will wonder why and ask questions.

Tegan WW wrote: »
    We have never been able to fully agree on the end result so I say go with who you think is most dodge. So that may be from your own 3 or someone from the collective top 3.

Eh two people replied to you right after you asked the question. Dont know if im buying this innocent approach your taking, i think others responded but im not going through more. People engaged with you and you ignored the response

How does the FFA work do we vote for one of them or is it to just point out who we suspect.

Forgot to post your original question for context
    Point out who you suspect at this stage. Good to have all info ahead of the lynch.

Conor replied to that and you ignored it, so three different people replied to you

• Advertisement

"Etc"

Says it all really

Why Winnie?

I think Conors death is a lead to follow. He was on Winnie's trail as well as Phil's. I've stated a number of times I think Wolves are hiding in the lower numbered posters as has happened in previous games. Conor waas suggesting Winnie as one of the SKs iirc

succinct and to the point enough for you.

FFA1 I had Tegan, no.1 I gave reasons, I then voted Tegan. I'm consistant like that

Until Phil turns up he has to be a prime candidate just because Conor was on Phil more so than anyone else then died and because he oddly voted despite only having 2 on thread posts.

Keeping an eye on Winnie too given what I stated above and even though I know he will crucify me whilst defending himself Jake would be my 3rd if I was pushed at this moment - FFA pushing, asking for BG protection, potentially clearing Phil saying it'd be a silly wolf task.

all solid reasons why I'm thinking the way im thinking but none of them am I sure on hence I despite being an active poster im not too gungho to try and be seen as steering the ocnversation in any one way too strongly, don't want to cause a goodie to be lynched.

Nigel WW wrote: »
    Forgot to post your original question for context

Conor replied to that and you ignored it, so three different people replied to you

Break’s over chat later.

Break’s over chat later.

Wolf, all day every day! What the hell is that even!! 40 mins after i post your post list you come on, get people feeling sympathy for you, get caught out bull****ting and leg it.

I think Conors death is a lead to follow. He was on Winnie's trail as well as Phil's. I've stated a number of times I think Wolves are hiding in the lower numbered posters as has happened in previous games. Conor waas suggesting Winnie as one of the SKs iirc

FFA1 I had Tegan, no.1 I gave reasons, I then voted Tegan. I'm consistant like that

Until Phil turns up he has to be a prime candidate just because Conor was on Phil more so than anyone else then died and because he oddly voted despite only having 2 on thread posts.

Keeping an eye on Winnie too given what I stated above and even though I know he will crucify me whilst defending himself Jake would be my 3rd if I was pushed at this moment - FFA pushing, asking for BG protection, potentially clearing Phil saying it'd be a silly wolf task.

all solid reasons why I'm thinking the way im thinking but none of them am I sure on hence I despite being an active poster im not too gungho to try and be seen as steering the ocnversation in any one way too strongly, don't want to cause a goodie to be lynched.

So, because Conor said so basically? You're the top poster and your main thoughts are someone else's

Would be a crazy move if Phil killed Conor this morning. Not ignoring the fact he could be the other SK or a wolf, if he was a wolf you would imagine his team mates would be encouraging him to get involved.

I'll be sticking with my FFA from yesterday but there is a slot open with Tegan gone. Unless Phil gets move involved, he could very well make the cut.

• Advertisement

He did say he'd be gone again at 12:45 in fairness Nigel.

Not sure if a wolf yet but not hightailing it when questioned at least

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

This list of reasons is a joke. Pushing to get as many FFAs as possible is warranted. The bg protection thing - ive outlined my reasons previously, but how is that a wolf move - putting myself directly in a potential spotlight. The clearing phil thing.....well i didnt actually do this. Holly suggested i did but then i demonstrated how i hadnt.

You are grasping for reasons for pointing the finger at me because i have been suss of you since yesterday.

A poor villager or a wolf: Isla.

Break’s over chat later.

Don't be a stranger!

So, because Conor said so basically? You're the top poster and your main thoughts are someone else's

I think there is a reason he was killed. That is what I am putting my stock into. I would not kill a person the Villagers had in the lynch discussion unless he was somewhat onto something at the very least. Otherwise he would have been a distraction we might ahve wasted a kill on ourselves.

If you can agree with that logic then the posters he had accused deserve looking into.

I'm getting called out for not being decisive enough but honestly who do you think is showing they know who the wolves are? From what I see most of the village don't really have a clue, who is good or bad. I apologize if that is incorrect and your all keeping it to yourselves however. All im trying to do is highlight any odd behavior when I see it.

Tegan and her noob claim was the oddest thing in my opinion before the first lynch. Now the fact that Conor was chosen to be killed is the oddest thing for me and thus I am looking into why that might have happened until something else odd gets posted on the thread.

Gertie when you get back, can you explain what this means please, what didn't work out?

Now the fact that Conor was chosen to be killed is the oddest thing for me and thus I am looking into why that might have happened until something else odd gets posted on the thread.

I don't think Conor being killed is that odd TBH. He was a top poster and trying to lead the village. Either he was on to something and was taken out to shut him up or he was on to nothing and was taken out to frame someone else.

We need to try work out which is more likely

Jake WW wrote: »

You are grasping for reasons for pointing the finger at me because i have been suss of you since yesterday.

Isn't everyone? I mean I don't think anyone has said I have done anything wolfy just that I talk a lot without being decisive and yet the finger has been pointed at me plenty too.

you were third in the order of where im looking at the moment. At least I gave my reasoning why be it correct or incorrect in your opinion and I did expect you to counter attack.

I'm not convinced your a wolf though and think you could just as easily be the Ghost of Christmas past for example but I do suggest you put as much effort into discussing others as you do me unless i've done something others have. I don't want to take the village off course.

At the risk of being accused of doing a task, I have to point out my disgust at the lack of gifs

giphy.gif

Orla WW wrote: »
    I don't think Conor being killed is that odd TBH. He was a top poster and trying to lead the village. Either he was on to something and was taken out to shut him up or he was on to nothing and was taken out to frame someone else.

We need to try work out which is more likely

If he was on to nothing and as you said leading the Village, he would be leading the Village in the wrong direction. Why would Wolves want to kill such a player. Has to be the first way for me.

If he was on to nothing and as you said leading the Village, he would be leading the Village in the wrong direction. Why would Wolves want to kill such a player. Has to be the first way for me.

You keep forgetting, he was killed by a solo SK, not the wolfs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement