Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XXI: Christmas Chaos!

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Sorry Jake but what was wrong with how the FFAs worked out yesterday? Despite my resistance to the idea they were compiled and produced.

Your over pushy attitude on this and suggesting unworkable times for them to be in by is alarming me to no end.

And then you want the BG to protect you so 'they're done right?'

alarm-bells-alarm-bells-everywhere.jpg

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Plus one, BG has to go with their gut, trust their own.judgement.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I agree with the Conor nonsense, but fail to see how you're going to get players to participate if they are busy with RL.

Anyways, lets see how it goes.

I understand what you are saying, but what i am saying is that the lack of participation in an FFA may not hinder us today for the lynch - and as Conor rightly said, the FFA isnt the only tool we should rely on - but not taking part in the FFA today does have an impact on the later game.

Every villager should look on the FFA as an opportunity to state their intent now, so that your fellow villagers can see you being consistently helpful to the village.

How many didnt take part yesterday? 8? That is 8 players who, if alive in 2 days, will have no record either way as to their suspicions. We wont be able to tell if they were flip flopping or bandwagoning.

This kind of evidence is key to finding wolves.

Ok rant over :D

Isla WW wrote: »
    Well because we have no outed roled characters and these are normally people you protect. If someone just randomly asks for protection people think they are either hinting at importance aka a role or they could be a wolf trying to get the BG to waste the protect.

Not saying you are a wolf at all in face like you I'm cnfident of my Villager cred but Im not going to ask for protection as asking for a protect will always be questioned one would think and personally if I were the BG id be waiting to see if I could spot a role and use my power on trying to save that person assuming it was a good role I thought I spotted instead of just giving it to someone who asked on thread.

Any villager shouldnt shy away from questioning. If you are trying to avoid being questioned, you are in the wrong village.

Well I'm voting for Phil today unless the vigilante kills him. Simple as that.

• Advertisement

Conor WW wrote: »

Lets say your not voting phil, whom would be top of your list then?

Sorry Jake but what was wrong with how the FFAs worked out yesterday? Despite my resistance to the idea they were compiled and produced.

Your over pushy attitude on this and suggesting unworkable times for them to be in by is alarming me to no end.

And then you want the BG to protect you so 'they're done right?'

Participation was shocking. 8 players for whom we now have no indication for day 1. 8 players who can fob off any queries on flip flopping later in the game. If the game lasts 5 days, 20% of the voting pattern for 8 players is now missing.

And MAYBE if we had gotten votes in early, we could have actually debated the results and maybe even swung people around to your suspicions on wini and ewan. But no - we left it late and there was no proper discussion or debate.

Im pushing for things to be done right so that the village has the best opportunity to win. I dont subscribe to going on gut alone.

FFA 1

Player Choice 1 Choice 2 Choice 3
    Barbara Tegan Doris Riona
    Angus Conor Liam Barbara
    Conor Holly Isla Winifred
    Steve Tegan Conor
    Isla Tegan Gabriel Frank
    Tegan Frank Gabriel Barbara
    Nigel Conor Gabriel Doris
    Liam Frank Ewan
    Winifred Conor Tegan Gabriel
    Gabriel Tegan Frank
    Ewan Frank Conor Tegan
    Jake Desmond Nigel Isla
    Frank Liam Tegan Gabriel
    Riona Isla Conor Angus

Collated results

Tegan 7
    Conor 6
    Frank 4
    Gabriel 4
    Isla 3
    Doris 2
    Barbara 2
    Liam 2
    Desmond 1
    Nigel 1
    Holly 1
    Winifred 1
    Ewan 1
    Riona 1
    Angus 1

Lynch Results
    tritium wrote: »
    Gremlins hate sunlight but nobody was waiting around for morning.  A collective rage had overcome the town and a furball was going to pay.  Tegan wouldn't hand it over so someone borrowed a bulldozer and knocked down their house while they cowered inside.

Tegan WW has been lynched

Vote history:

Tegan - 5 votes : Isla Steve frank Phil Gabriel
    Conor - 4 votes: Nigel gertrude winifred mary
    Doris-2 votes: Barbara Orla
    Isla 2 votes- Jake Doris
    Liam - 2 votes: Desmond Angus
    Winnifred 1 vote-Conor
    Phil - 1 vote: Derry
    Frank - 1 vote: Liam
    Eva - 1 vote: Ewan
    Barbara -1 vote : Tegan
    Angus -1vote: Riona

3 non-voters: Santa will be adding offenders without a good excuse to the naughty list!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

I completely agree that the more FFAs we have the better for judging people later and that those who have not done one for two days will draw suspicion on themselves.

Completely seperately though asking for the BG to protect you on thread obviously stands out to people.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

It's around 10:30am, how can you be so sure who you will be voting for this early, we have the whole day ahead.

• Advertisement

With all due respect Jake, and I realise I wasnt around to help yesterday, just because you were aroujd yesterday doesnt make you worthy of bg protection.

Jake WW wrote: »
    Participation was shocking. 8 players for whom we now have no indication for day 1. 8 players who can fob off any queries on flip flopping later in the game. If the game lasts 5 days, 20% of the voting pattern for 8 players is now missing.

And MAYBE if we had gotten votes in early, we could have actually debated the results and maybe even swung people around to your suspicions on wini and ewan. But no - we left it late and there was no proper discussion or debate.

Im pushing for things to be done right so that the village has the best opportunity to win. I dont subscribe to going on gut alone.

Well given there's no way of forcing the other 8 people (who are all still alive and primarily low posters) to do FFAs, I'm not sure what your plan is.

I don't mind compiling them again today, despite my objections to the format, but 4.30 won't fly. 7pm should be the deadline regardless.

I'm not getting too het up by this today but I'm seriously concerned about the angry bee in your bonnet regarding FFAs.

I agree with this btw.

While we may disagree on how to approach finding wolves, my analysis of the evidence arrives at the same conclusion as you. Barring us finding a bone fide wolf via seer/other power/massive wolf slip up, Phil is the leading candidate for me, based on his late vote change and behaviour yesterday.

It's around 10:30am, how can you be so sure who you will be voting for this early, we have the whole day ahead.

Cos Phil is a wolf. Simples really.

Well given there's no way of forcing the other 8 people (who are all still alive and primarily low posters) to do FFAs, I'm not sure what your plan is.

I don't mind compiling them again today, despite my objections to the format, but 4.30 won't fly. 7pm should be the deadline regardless.

I'm not getting too het up by this today but I'm seriously concerned about the angry bee in your bonnet regarding FFAs.

You seem to be reading all my posts as angry. Apart from perhaps the post i tagged as sarcasm, that really isnt the case.

Looking at the list of actual votes cast a good few people voted their gut and didn't follow the FFAs. If people feel strong enough to vote for someone that most people were not looking at other than because they were suspiciously quiet please highlight why you had your eye on them. Get us all on the same page.

Holly WW wrote: »
    With all due respect Jake, and I realise I wasnt around to help yesterday, just because you were aroujd yesterday doesnt make you worthy of bg protection.

Ok so how about instead of everyone saying 'oh well i dont know who should be protected, but i know its not you', suggestions on how to proceed are put forward.

He can be swayed, because lets be honest anything can happen, hes simply stating his stance on phil.

It be foolish not to keep an open mind

I want consensus from the village and committment to do the FFAs - or a reason why. Silence isnt good enough.

Even you, who dont believe the FFAs were worth doing on day 1 and 2 did one. So why wouldnt we hold others to account on why they arent doing FFAs?

Ok so how about instead of everyone saying 'oh well i dont know who should be protected, but i know its not you', suggestions on how to proceed are put forward.

Just let the bg go with his gut and let the chips fall where they may

• Advertisement

I would assume it is as things stand but yeah this is Day 2 I would imagine more oddness on thread with people possibly revealing themselves on thread due to tasks etc will change how it stands for everyone before FFAs and votes start being done.

I want consensus from the village and committment to do the FFAs - or a reason why. Silence isnt good enough.

Even you, who dont believe the FFAs were worth doing on day 1 and 2 did one. So why wouldnt we hold others to account on why they arent doing FFAs?

That's a fair point, I'll agree on that. Let's just lynch all the low posters one after the other.

Starting with Phil.

Just let the bg go with his gut and let the chips fall where they may

I have no control over the BG, im simply trying to give him/her a steer, if they need it. The BG should know to disregard this if they have a better alternative.

Is Ewan the only one to vote outside of their FFA?

Is Ewan the only one to vote outside of their FFA?

Ewan admitted his FFA was hogwash and said he'd be voting for a low poster.

Who has since been modkilled.

He's clearly an SK. As is Winnie.

I have no control over the BG, im simply trying to give him/her a steer, if they need it. The BG should know to disregard this if they have a better alternative.

My point is, who are you to steer him ?

He doesnt know your a wolf or not, your steering means nothing for now, esp when its to protect yourself

I'd also like to highlight those pointing themselves out as NRVs are narrowing the selection pool for our roled players.

So NRVs, please don't out yourselves. The job for NRVs is to act as cannon fodder to protect our important villagers.

Ewan admitted his FFA was hogwash and said he'd be voting for a low poster.

Who has since been modkilled.

He's clearly an SK. As is Winnie.

Blindly voting for a low poster on day 1, is not helping the village, admittedly, he may not have been following the game yesterday and just placed a throwaway vote. He is one to watch.

I'd also like to highlight those pointing themselves out as NRVs are narrowing the selection pool for our roled players.

So NRVs, please don't out yourselves. The job for NRVs is to act as cannon fodder to protect our important villagers.

I would second this.

• Advertisement

My point is, who are you to steer him ?

He doesnt know your a wolf or not, your steering means nothing for now, esp when its to protect yourself

Im a villager. I know this. You guys dont, so being suspicious is fine.

But me asking might get me protected which will mean i cant be a wolf (maybe i could be an SK, but we can cross that bridge if we come to it), and it wastes a wolf kill if the wolves dont believe the BG will protect me and go to kill me.

If it comes to it and everyone is suspicious of me, then ill race or argue my point no problem. I know im a villager, so even if a lose a race or turn people against me, we will only be losing a plain old villager.

Im waiting to hear a better plan for the protect, because if i was the BG, id be sitting back wondering why the village arent trying to help.

If the BG has their own plan, the above wont matter - if they are struggling, the more suggestions we give them the better - even if its just to give us a list of people arguing their case for NRV-dom - cases which can then be later pulled apart.

Advertisement