Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WW XXI: Christmas Chaos!

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

tritium wrote:
    (III) Mogwai-mogwai is NOT team village. They count as village only for parity reasons. If the game reaches any end state (parity, bad teams all killed) with Mogwai in play they will win. We realise that, in some unlikely scenarios, that may lead to a slightly harsh outcome, for example perfect village guessing. However we believe this is offset by the considerable difficulty Mogwai faces in completing their role. Note also that Mogwai, as per the op, has been entertaining modsanta (on thread) to gain presents to help them in their mission. Inevitably this makes their role harder.

Angus for Mogwai 2k17.

Joke before the first munch, joke before the second munch.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

No one voted for phil last night derry did on night one

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Phil had 6 throw away votes yesterday.

Holly, Nigel, Doris, Jake, Isla and orla.

Unfortunately I have suspected them all at some point :D

Will just go and look to see if anyone actually voted for him

Desmond, you popped up yesterday with observations yesterday. This post above looks helpful, but does nothing really. What are your thoughts right now on each of the six you mentioned above and why did you suspect each of them at one point.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

A lot has changed since my last post but lets see if I am up to speed.

Someone was converted - This could literally be anyone because anyone who we didn't suspect earlier was a mod is now who would be a prime candidate to be a convert as you would be less likely to convert someone already under a spotlight. This is perhaps due to the Mog's death but that now seems less clear thanks to the mods wording.

with regards this one, simple question do people think the Mogwai is still alive?

I originally thought it was Wendy but that we would have gotten notification in some way if it was after her death. Similarily I think one of our ghosts would maybe come out to let us know if the Mog was dead but then again that person may have already been got by the wolves or SKs?

Liam was killed - This does not surprise me as it seems the wolves are going to slowly pick off our most talkative villagers.

Thankfully Phil was killed by the mods - I had him on my FFA but despite him being rightly there did not want to use a lynch on him this early given his inactivity.

Steve's death was unusual however - Like with Conor's I will look into what he posted and who he was onto a little more but this could also be a kill to confuse us. Let's hope this was where the SKs did us a favor and took out a wolf.

I wasn't online to answer during the whole vote time thing but as usual I vote much earlier than most as I am busy later in the day. I think I was the first or second to vote both times, at least with regards who I voted for, and both times I went with the person I had no.1 on my FFA beforehand. They were Tegan and WInnie who both ended up lynched but as I will be voting early I won't be changing my voting because people suspect "bandwagoners" instead I will continue to follow my FFAs and vote early for the person who stood out the most.

I don't know if I want Seers etc to come forward but it is usually around now stuff starts getting leaked to the village in some for or another and I think we need it now. People had a backroom to chat 1on1 to others in previous games perhaps that might help with someone being reluctant to call people out on thread in case that gives away who a good roled player is.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

On the potential mogwai task.

Frank had a lot of movie gifs on day0, will Farrell in particular. Usually gifs are not part of tasks, but it doesn't mention this explicitly in the OP this time. Haven't seen any from him since though so could be nothing.

I'll also hold my hands up for posting the guy slipping on ice gif, it was in response to someone mentioning it was slipping outside, didn't expect it to garner so much excitement.

Jake WW wrote: »
    Angus for Mogwai 2k17.

Joke before the first munch, joke before the second munch.

Wendy seemed to leads the jokes IIRC, Angus just joined in

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Someone was converted - This could literally be anyone because anyone who we didn't suspect earlier was a mod is now who would be a prime candidate to be a convert as you would be less likely to convert someone already under a spotlight. This is perhaps due to the Mog's death but that now seems less clear thanks to the mods wording.

We're actually discussing the possibility that the new gremlin wasn't chosen, but pre selected, due to wording of OP and Mod clarification

Holly WW wrote:
    Wendy seemed to leads the jokes IIRC, Angus just joined in

Can't rule out opportunism.

And it came right out of the blue yesterday the minute before a potential deadline (Lynch).

I don't know if the tasks would be so obvious as Christmas jokes tbh, I think it'll be more subtle than that

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    I thought it was a hangover comment from the previous game there was lost of wrestling related posts at the beginning of the thread

I smell what your cooking.

Orla WW wrote:
    I don't know if the tasks would be so obvious as Christmas jokes tbh, I think it'll be more subtle than that

It's not the jokes it's the timing. Why randomly post the setup to a joke right before lynch yesterday?

Also, no problem looking for other potential tasks, but I don't think this should be written off just because it's obvious.

Abigail WW wrote: »

stop! I can not lose another day daydreaming about that man!!

From previous experience, taskes can be anything. They are the only real thing I can notice that would be entertaining. Though Rionas behaviour could be that too.

I wouldnt be surprised if either turned out to be a task but Im not gonna get hung up on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Holly WW wrote:
    From previous experience, taskes can be anything. They are the only real thing I can notice that would be entertaining. Though Rionas behaviour could be that too.

I can agree with this.

Im no wrestling fan, however if this is a hanfover from the last game then fine.

But is there any way The Rock or Armbars tie into christmas?

Has The Rock been in any Xmas movies and be a charcter in this game as a result?

• Advertisement

Pter wrote: »
    I can agree with this.

Pter will have more posts than Abigail at thsi point

How about we all take some time today pick one poster and check their posts for tasks? then we pool all that info and see what we have.

Granted if Mogwai is dead that's a giant waste of time.

I don't know what the next step is tbh

It's not the jokes it's the timing. Why randomly post the setup to a joke right before lynch yesterday?

Also, no problem looking for other potential tasks, but I don't think this should be written off just because it's obvious.

I don't want to be accused of pocketing :pac: but this does make a lot of sense, not just because of the timing but the repitition. From previous WW lives I know that tasks often as for repeated phrases or actions.

So everyone has now switched from Mogwai is dead to Mogwai is active yes? because if active that would def be someone that at this stage we would not want to Wolves to get to before us even if I'd prefer to knock out a Wolf first. Might be easier to look for entertainers however

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

What if Rionas ffa yesterday was a joke? I mean obviously it was a joke, but I mean mogwai task. Also they have been acting total confused throughout the game

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    I'm gonna sift through steve's posts and see if I can find anything

Steve

Day 0
    • fluff
    Day 1
    • md5 suggestion
    • had dead people on ffa conor/tegan
    • he felt conor was steering the group
    • talks about mogwai win conditions
    Day 2
    • ffa on Riona for her ffa (suss of everyone who was suss of her) bit of a meh ffa
    • ffa of mary for the lie situation
    • got involved in the voting-timing-lie nonsense
    Day 3
    • Lionel Richie quotes :pac:
    • Munched

general feeling is that steve is being helpful but without too much conviction. Answering questions here and there. Nothing out of the ordinary. I think SK might have gotten a gremlin.

• Advertisement

stop! I can not lose another day daydreaming about that man!!

You and Holly working together , seem very fast to question me and one of my post , maybe thinking I won't be around to stand up for myself after the post count was posted up.That's dirty rabbit punching in fairness.Where Nigel has he calmed down from yesterday?

Look if i die, please keep on Phil.

Dont rule out Conor (i think he is good, but it could just be an alpha trying to dominate the village - soznotsoz Conor).

Isla is parroting back points that Conor and i are making - i think trying to pocket us. Keep looking there.

The post above is from yesterday right before munch.

In handsight Jake, why did you think you would die.

And if you did die, why should Conor and Phil be looked at specificly?

You and Holly working together , seem very fast to question me and one of my post , maybe thinking I won't be around to stand up for myself after the post count was posted up.That's dirty rabbit punching in fairness.Where Nigel has he calmed down from yesterday?

huh? are you reading the game? someone said the armbar thing looked like a task and i said I thought it was leftover from the WWE game, if that's ganging up on someone in your world, maybe you need a cuppa and a lie down!

I asked a legit question! you had 8 posts when I did the post count and it's Wednesday! it's fair to ask where you've been!

Isla WW wrote:
    I don't want to be accused of pocketing but this does make a lot of sense, not just because of the timing but the repitition. From previous WW lives I know that tasks often as for repeated phrases or actions.

Tasks vary from game to game as much as the moderators do. There is no set format so the difficulty or obviousness of the task will depend on the whim of the mods.

I've no problem ruling it out in favour of a better potential task...

Also I don't know what dirty rabbit punching is, is it a euphemism??

Holly WW wrote:
    In handsight Jake, why did you think you would die.

I thought the wolves would go after Conor or myself and set up the one they didn't go for as someone of suspicion. You know, because of all the 'friendly' FFA chats me and Conor had.
    Holly WW wrote:
    And if you did die, why should Conor and Phil be looked at specificly?

Phil for inactivity and dodgy voting (same reason as everyone else), Conor because of his anti FFA bit.

Angus WW wrote: »
    Why'd the chicken cross the road?

The only joke posted yesterday.

Angus posted jokes on both mornings before munches.

Wendy IIRC posted jokes before Angus before munch 1. Angus did join in

What are peoples thoughts on this? Id be inclined to think because Wendy posted a joke first and then died, then it be a big risk for Angus to wait until then to complete his task so close to the deadline.

huh? are you reading the game? someone said the armbar thing looked like a task and i said I thought it was leftover from the WWE game, if that's ganging up on someone in your world, maybe you need a cuppa and a lie down!

I asked a legit question! you had 8 posts when I did the post count and it's Wednesday! it's fair to ask where you've been!
    Did you even ask that, I don't think so.

From the people active at the moment, it's fairly easy to identify who Pter is. :D

Don't know if it helps us, but we know who he is.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Pter will have more posts than Abigail at thsi point

How many posts had he?

• Advertisement

Doris WW wrote: »
    Steve

Day 0
    • fluff
    Day 1
    • md5 suggestion
    • had dead people on ffa conor/tegan
    • he felt conor was steering the group
    • talks about mogwai win conditions
    Day 2
    • ffa on Riona for her ffa (suss of everyone who was suss of her) bit of a meh ffa
    • ffa of mary for the lie situation
    • got involved in the voting-timing-lie nonsense
    Day 3
    • Lionel Richie quotes :pac:
    • Munched

general feeling is that steve is being helpful but without too much conviction. Answering questions here and there. Nothing out of the ordinary. I think SK might have gotten a gremlin.

Not clearing her

But id be thinking that the taskes will be xmas related. Not Lionel Richie quotes.

Thats not to say thats not the task either though, just unlikely to me.

eh yeah!
    Donde esta Abigail?

From the people active at the moment, it's fairly easy to identify who Pter is. :D

I really don't!!

How many posts had he?

Abigail, instead of asking stupid questions, why not answer some that are asked ?

Delfecting and avoiding questions isnt good. Engage the village

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Desmond WW wrote: »
    No one voted for phil last night derry did on night one

yep, for low posting. The irony of my situation is not lost on me.
    Didn't vote for him last night as he hadn't posted all day, seemed like a waste, made more sense to lynch him the following day if he voted without posting and avoided the mod-kill. Voted late for Winnie (8:15, maybe 8:20) but that was without having read the thread since 4 or 5pm, and in catching up I feel I may have gotten caught up in some hype. But it looks a lot like me jumping on a safe thing, given the timing.

I thought the wolves would go after Conor or myself and set up the one they didn't go for as someone of suspicion. You know, because of all the 'friendly' FFA chats me and Conor had.

Phil for inactivity and dodgy voting (same reason as everyone else), Conor because of his anti FFA bit.

I saw no reason why a wolf would go for you over anyone else nor any reason why you would need BG protection.

Very strange behaviour.

Tasks vary from game to game as much as the moderators do. There is no set format so the difficulty or obviousness of the task will depend on the whim of the mods.

I've no problem ruling it out in favour of a better potential task...

Fair point, however i'd imagine mods take their lead from previous games and tasks too. I wouldn't rule it out, in fact you can't rule anyone out now because of the convert but it is odd behavior and that is always worth highlighting.

Abigail, instead of asking stupid questions, why not answer some that are asked ?

Delfecting and avoiding questions isnt good. Engage the village

I was dealing with falimy issues that and I was looking for a Spanish dictionary.

• Advertisement

Chill the f**k out girl!

if it makes you feel better I'll ask againg

Where have you been?

Have you any thoughts on the current state of play, or are you just here to overreact to NOTHING?!

How many posts had he?

4 posts since being away and yet very little being said.

Engage with us Abi,

Give us your thoughts on people, who do you think the Moggi is, what taskes can you see......

You arent being very helpful today. Join us.

Holly WW wrote:
    Very strange behaviour.

It's really not. This happened in another game as well and it was genuine then, as it is now.

You can take or leave my advice, but you are barking up the wrong tree and focusing on the wrong person.

I was dealing with falimy issues that and I was looking for a Spanish dictionary.

If you have family issues fair enough.

However You had time to post 4 times which didnt contribute to the village.

The time posting those posts would have been better spent helping the village.

Maybe im wrong about him now, I thought he was someone I had my eye on as a potential roled villager but did not want to out him before but I could have been off.

It's really not. This happened in another game as well and it was genuine then, as it is now.

You can take or leave my advice, but you are barking up the wrong tree and focusing on the wrong person.

Maybe so, but I like to say what I see. Whats genuine and what isnt is a matter of opinion.

• Advertisement

Isla WW wrote: »
    Maybe im wrong about him now, I thought he was someone I had my eye on as a potential roled villager but did not want to out him before but I could have been off.

Who cares who he is, it doesnt matter nor will it help the village.

Holly WW wrote:
    Maybe so, but I like to say what I see. Whats genuine and what isnt is a matter of opinion.

No it's not.....but look whatever. I'm gonna move on from this now, because I'm as guilty of indulging this theory as you are.

There is other analysis I can do to help instead.....namely the task hunting I was doing just now.

4 posts since being away and yet very little being said.

Engage with us Abi,

Give us your thoughts on people, who do you think the Moggi is, what taskes can you see......

You arent being very helpful today. Join us.

The day is long and will post up later but my suss list is you and Orla,I still think there some thing going on with Nigel and/or Mary ,it just worked out to nicely for them in the end .
    Is Moggi even alive ?

Who cares who he is, it doesnt matter nor will it help the village.

To be honest I am getting to the stage where I am trying to work out good roles just as much as bad. I may not be able to work out who to distrust but maybe I can find a good core to the Village. the tricky thing is working out who people might be without outing anyone good on thread. This is the day when people usually reveal a bit too much be it through a task or boredom.

The day is long and will post up later but my suss list is you and Orla,I still think there some thing going on with Nigel and/or Mary ,it just worked out to nicely for them in the end .
    Is Moggi even alive ?

I've been wondering that most of our entertainers seem to have died. I think the baddies have been hunting for the mogwai and that is why they have been hitting high post numbered villagers. Does this sound right?

• Advertisement
Advertisement