Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WW XXI: Christmas Chaos!

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    The day is long and will post up later but my suss list is you and Orla,I still think there some thing going on with Nigel and/or Mary ,it just worked out to nicely for them in the end .
    Is Moggi even alive ?

Lets have some reasons behind these my dear

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Lets have some reasons behind these my dear

Cos I asked where she's been! how dare I!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    I've been wondering that most of our entertainers seem to have died. I think the baddies have been hunting for the mogwai and that is why they have been hitting high post numbered villagers. Does this sound right?

That's a decent point, however the kills thus far would suggest we haven't lynched mogwai, SKs haven't got it (though could have been todays kill) and if the convert last night was not due to mogwai, then the gremlin have not got it yet. The latter would also depend on when the conversion takes place after mogwai is munched.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    That's a decent point, however the kills thus far would suggest we haven't lynched mogwai, SKs haven't got it (though could have been todays kill) and if the convert last night was not due to mogwai, then the gremlin have not got it yet. The latter would also depend on when the conversion takes place after mogwai is munched.

So its fair to assume the taskes the mogwai did were for its own benefit, their own benenfit wouldnt be a turn

Lynching or munching the moggi could cause the turn rather than the task, correct?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Are we asking the priest to come out? Maybe before tomorrows munch (or sooner if we are heading down a bad Lynch path today and they have evidence to steer it elsewhere).

We do need some info on what has happened so far re deaths I think.

Important to know if our seer and bg are still in play too.

The Mogwai hunt is definitely something we can focus on today, but as has been said above, the wolves appear to be doing so as well. Important we keep on the wolves, but I don't see us doing that successfully without some info.

We will have to see the priests info and make a judgement on whether it's tainted, but I am of the opinion this would be a good way of making progress on our wolf hunt.

So its fair to assume the taskes the mogwai did were for its own benefit, their own benenfit wouldnt be a turn

Lynching or munching the moggi could cause the turn rather than the task, correct?

No need to assume Trit told us as much:
    tritium wrote: »

Mod clarification incoming.....

Given the OP appears to be causing confusion, and in the interests of fairness, modsanta is clarifying a number of points:

(I) The op hints that a number of additional gremlins are dotted around the town from the start (2 gremlins total? Pleeaassee...)

(II) Due to unforseen circumstances Phil has had to be modkilled. We are considering if any rebalance is needed at present and will revert

(III) Mogwai-mogwai is NOT team village. They count as village only for parity reasons. If the game reaches any end state (parity, bad teams all killed) with Mogwai in play they will win. We realise that, in some unlikely scenarios, that may lead to a slightly harsh outcome, for example perfect village guessing. However we believe this is offset by the considerable difficulty Mogwai faces in completing their role. Note also that Mogwai, as per the op, has been entertaining modsanta (on thread) to gain presents to help them in their mission. Inevitably this makes their role harder.

Orla WW wrote: »
    No need to assume Trit told us as much:

damn i tried to bold that not realising it was all already in bold

Given the OP appears to be causing confusion, and in the interests of fairness, modsanta is clarifying a number of points:

(I) The op hints that a number of additional gremlins are dotted around the town from the start (2 gremlins total? Pleeaassee...)

(II) Due to unforseen circumstances Phil has had to be modkilled. We are considering if any rebalance is needed at present and will revert

(III) Mogwai-mogwai is NOT team village. They count as village only for parity reasons. If the game reaches any end state (parity, bad teams all killed) with Mogwai in play they will win. We realise that, in some unlikely scenarios, that may lead to a slightly harsh outcome, for example perfect village guessing. However we believe this is offset by the considerable difficulty Mogwai faces in completing their role. Note also that Mogwai, as per the op, has been entertaining modsanta (on thread) to gain presents to help them in their mission. Inevitably this makes their role harder.

Also point one implies not a convert but a gremlin that was "woken up"

damn i tried to bold that not realising it was all already in bold

Also point one implies not a convert but a gremlin that was "woken up"

Could the Moggi be that gremilin though is what im asking

like Mogwai turned bad?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

I always kind of assumed we would have more Gremlins than stated in the OP, they are the Wolves, you can't have a 2 wolf pack take on a Village. The Wolves seem to be targeting the Mogwai at the moment which leads me to one question for Villagers. Do you think the Mogwai is still alive?

if yes then we want to get it before them. If no then that means one of our dead entertainers was the Mogwai and we have to focus on Wolves (including the convert) and SKs and not the Mogwai.

• Advertisement

Modwai needs to survive, whatever surprises they got would be to benefit themselves. Whether they also benefit the village I don't know, possibly early in the game. For mogwai to win, all baddies need to be eliminated, the number of villagers surviving for benefit mogwai.

Lynching mogwai cancels the following munch I think.

like Mogwai turned bad?

Yes,

In the movies, if a Mogwai ate after a certain time or had contact with water it was bad news.

My rationale would be, if the mogwai was killed at a certain time, could be be converted instead perhaps.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Dont think so... i think the only way for mog to go gremlin would be to be killed and we've had a full line of deaths so far. Ie the kill wouldnt be announced more so than some ejit poured water on a gremlin

Yes,

In the movies, if a Mogwai ate after a certain time or had contact with water it was bad news.

My rationale would be, if the mogwai was killed at a certain time, could be be converted instead perhaps.

That should read could he be converted?

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Dont think so... i think the only way for mog to go gremlin would be to be killed and we've had a full line of deaths so far. Ie the kill wouldnt be announced more so than some ejit poured water on a gremlin

Lets say the Moggi was lynched, my thinking could be that if hes killed by us he could turn perhaps.

Same could be applied if they were munched.

Wendy for example could have been the moggi, told a few jokes for their taskes, but got munched......and then turned as a result instead of dying.

Mogwai has a win condition where they are the sole winner, if they were converted to the gremlin team it would eliminate that win scenario, therefore imo, modwai either survives or is killed, but doesn't convert.

Lets say the Moggi was lynched, my thinking could be that if hes killed by us he could turn perhaps.

Wendy for example could have been the moggi, told a few jokes for their taskes, but got munched......and then turned as a result instead of dying.

but then We'd know because Wendy woudl still be posting?

If they were turned, in your example wendy, then she should still be in the game.

Is she on the lynch form still? I mean i would get that and then she just doesnt speak, but if she's not on the lynch form then this is just distracting nonsense.

• Advertisement

A players still alive and not posting, with the village thinking they are dead, is an absurd scenario imo

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

If there is a valid way to find who mogwai is and looking for someone to help with the process,I don't have a foggiest where to begin.

Mogwai has a win condition where they are the sole winner, if they were converted to the gremlin team it would eliminate that win scenario, therefore imo, modwai either survives or is killed, but doesn't convert.

See I would imagine a converted Moggi would be game ball, nothing to say its not. It would eliminate that win scenario, but nothing to say thats not possible either right

but then We'd know because Wendy woudl still be posting?

Spot on, had not thought of that

A players still alive and not posting, with the village thinking they are dead, is an absurd scenario imo

Yes a massive flaw in my theory. Back to the drawing board

How about a Moggi death being the trigger for a conversion?

• Advertisement

Abigail WW wrote: »
    If there is a valid way to find who mogwai is and looking for someone to help with the process,I don't have a foggiest where to begin.

Was there anyone you thought was being an entertainer? thats all we really know about how a mogwai would act and I think the Wolves are basing their attacks off the same info given they have gone for our high posting people making jokes and posting gifs.

Do people think the Mogwai is still alive? if so we want to get there before the wolves

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

we'd know if lynch as gremlins would lose next kill as per op

I don't think so, because as someone said Mogwai is a team unto itself, why would the death of one team add a player to another team?
    If Mogwai is munched by the gremlins an additional gremlin will be activated.

if the gremlins got him, then it's not a convert, it's an activation

Just a thought. Is it possible the turn last night was not triggered but a balancing act? I mean there are only 2 gremlins. We could have killed one which leaves them in a precarious position early?

Mary WW wrote: »
    we'd know if lynch as gremlins would lose next kill as per op

Good point,

Thats my ideas done I suppose. Any one else got any throeies?

• Advertisement

but a conversion for who, mogwai or another player? As I stated above, I don't think mogwai converts, no matter what happens. It would be too obvious who mogwai is then whilst they are still in the game.

As stated in the OP, if they are munched, another gremlin is activated. And as Isla I think it was who pointed it out, 'activated' would suggest a player pre-picked before the game, therefore not a roled vil or an SK

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Just a thought. Is it possible the turn last night was not triggered but a balancing act? I mean there are only 2 gremlins. We could have killed one which leaves them in a precarious position early?

there isn't 2 gremlins, Trit said so
    Originally Posted by tritium View Post

As stated in the OP, if they are munched, another gremlin is activated. And as Isla I think it was who pointed it out, 'activated' would suggest a player pre-picked before the game, therefore not a roled vil or an SK

Orla, but we won't fight about it!

there isn't 2 gremlins, Trit said so

Ah i thought they would need to be activated when they mods saw fit.

Almost 1 O'Clock, no real direction for whom to lynch.

Without a seer or priest yet, (and 1 could be converted anyway), we are very blind minus the vote results.

Orla, but we won't fight about it!

Ah, sorry :)

Im going to propose in the absence of a roled player reveal or more prominent target becoming available, that we consider nominating our lowest poster as a stop gap for the lynch, to follow the line of thinking that Liam put forward - to make sure those that reach tomorrow are contributing and we dont reach the last day in a couple of days with low contributors. That would be Abi btw.

Not a decision for now obviously, but something we are gonna have to make a call on later today.

With bodies piling up the village decided on decisive action. Winifred WW was dragged to the frozen lake and forced out onto the ice. The sherrif did the honours with a stick of dynamite. Winifred WW sank beneath the frozen water, into a place too cold for anything to survive.

Unfortunately, in their haste one resident forgot to close their front door properly. Whats this we see creeping into the kitchen and making of with the Christmas ham just as the clock strikes midnight......

A new gremlin has awoken
    Almost 1 O'Clock, no real direction for whom to lynch.

Without a seer or priest yet, (and 1 could be converted anyway), we are very blind minus the vote results.

I'm still running with the idea that whoever the new gremlin is, was pre picked before the game and therefore not any of the rolled villagers.

The 'awoken' piece would suggest we are dealing with a cub rather than a convert.

Jake WW wrote: »
    Im going to propose in the absence of a roled player reveal or more prominent target becoming available, that we consider nominating our lowest poster as a stop gap for the lynch, to follow the line of thinking that Liam put forward - to make sure those that reach tomorrow are contributing and we dont reach the last day in a couple of days with low contributors. That would be Abi btw.

Not a decision for now obviously, but something we are gonna have to make a call on later today.

I think it's very early to decide as no doubt today will be full of people acting odd especially if the Wolves didn't get the Mogwai entertainer. We have very little to go on about what he will post like beyond that word right, entertainer?
    Mogwai is a very special character. If they entertain us they may get some very nice presents this Christmas.......

• Advertisement

Jake WW wrote: »

Im against this. Id rather go with an ffa.

seeing awoken is making it harder not too think of our most recent lives but it's a good shout actually. Not a convert but someone who was previously a villager. However as stated probably not a villager with a role. Nobody say who you think has one but if there is someone your sure doesn't they would be more likely to be the convert. Probably still have a better percentage chance of getting an original wolf though

Im against this. Id rather go with an ffa.

I agree we do an FFA, but if im not seeing solid reasons with the FFA nominations or we dont reach a consensus with the FFA, i will be voting for a low contributor rarher than a high contributor.

Abi is free to join in and defend herself, but there have been mutliple calls for her to do so to no avail.

We cant just go for a low poster, statistically speaking low posters may be wolves based on previous game, it’s a wolf tactic.
    Also it can be a rolled villager too statistically based on previous games. For that reason, I don’t think it’s a risk worth taking.

I rather the route of an FFA. Day 1 and day 2 FFAs are always hard to gain successful wolf lynches, however as we progress and we can study voters behaviours based on lynch votes and previous FFAs, our knowledge grows. Its no sure fire way to catch a wolf but I suggest it’s the best method we have potentially.

Worst case for us now in targeting the low posters is if one of our rolled villagers is in there. It really shouldn't be where they are but RL and all that.

Ill be doing an FFA and if that doesnt yield results i am comfortable with, ill take it from there - im just putting it out there for discussion now when we have time, rather than later when we might be under pressure (approaching lynch).

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

I for one would like to know where we stand ala good dead and bad dead tbh. isn't that supposed to be the priests role that he fills the village in?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

The only joke posted yesterday.

Angus posted jokes on both mornings before munches.

Wendy IIRC posted jokes before Angus before munch 1. Angus did join in

What are peoples thoughts on this? Id be inclined to think because Wendy posted a joke first and then died, then it be a big risk for Angus to wait until then to complete his task so close to the deadline.

Quick note on this.

Yeah, in retrospect, it was a stupid time to do the joke, I thought I'd be funny like Wendy with her left off joke. If I died, haha, another death with an untold joke.

I'm willing for it to be scrutinized if ye want, but that's really all there was to that. I don't think I've done any other possibly "entertaining" bits. Also, worth noting, if the task was to do it pre 10, I would have failed cause the time stamp was 10:00 iirc :P

Anyway, of Moggy is alive, then Rhiona's absolute piss take of an FFA needs further scrutiny too....

I for one would like to know where we stand ala good dead and bad dead tbh. isn't that supposed to be the priests role that he fills the village in?

I think if he's alive tomorrow or has any reason to suspect he's been clocked for munch he should come out in the morning pre munch

• Advertisement

I would too, but its a question of

a) is the priest still alive
    b) do they have anything worth revealing

Advertisement