Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XXI: Christmas Chaos!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Mary WW wrote: »
    you can knock me off that list, Voted way ahead of everyone on connor, even came out and said it in the thing with the timing,

Unlike everyone else I knew 100% when I had voted so that's what got whini killed off she put her time up but had done feck all else. So I took a shot at her being a wolf/sk trying to get me lynched.

Why would I of been so vocal about my timing if once a mod clarified it it would of proved me a liar and a baddie

It's not just about the timing though, if the player was under fire early in the day, can't rule out an early vote. Anyway, as I said, just something to look at with the voting pattern now that we have 2 sets of data.
    Plus, can't be knocking anyone of any list now that a conversion took place.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Riona and Holly seem to be gunning for me, so id imagine ill be addressing that later on. If i die, look there though. They both seem to be running a case of me being suspect based on asking for BG protection (explained at length yesterday morning) and off me supposedly clearing Phil (again, explained yesterday).

Regardless of that however, i want to point out that the voting patterns and behaviour patterns that we were building up info on and studying are now hugely tainted by the convert. We really could have done with nabbing Moggy.

We are essentially starting from scratch with regards to voting patterns for one of our goodies. So, even though i am sure i dont need to say it, no one is confirmed and everyone should be a suspect for everyone.

Im thinking we need info from one of the priest of seer at this stage. Probably the priest as that info wont be tainted by the conversion.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Im gunning for no one,

I voted for you as you are the most suss thus far in my eyes. Youre far from a confirmed wolf in my eyes.

Im open to convincing.

However, the protect me posr yesterday morning and this post above do you no favors jake

Jake WW wrote: »
    Riona and Holly seem to be gunning for me, so id imagine ill be addressing that later on. If i die, look there though. They both seem to be running a case of me being suspect based on asking for BG protection (explained at length yesterday morning) and off me supposedly clearing Phil (again, explained yesterday).

Regardless of that however, i want to point out that the voting patterns and behaviour patterns that we were building up info on and studying are now hugely tainted by the convert. We really could have done with nabbing Moggy.

We are essentially starting from scratch with regards to voting patterns for one of our goodies. So, even though i am sure i dont need to say it, no one is confirmed and everyone should be a suspect for everyone.

Im thinking we need info from one of the priest of seer at this stage. Probably the priest as that info wont be tainted by the conversion.

Not sure I understand this, I was using the data to catch a baddie, not a goodie, therefore the vote data thus far is still valid with regards to catching a baddie.

Holly WW wrote: »
    Im gunning for no one,

I voted for you as you are the most suss thus far in my eyes. Youre far from a confirmed wolf in my eyes.

Im open to convincing.

However, the protect me posr yesterday morning and this post above do you no favors jake

So im far from a wolf but that deserves a vote? Thats a very small step above Riona's reasoning in terms of usefulness and validity.

I really dont care what you think of my posts Holly. Im more concerned about you tunneling me and building a case in your head that isnt there, and thereby miss something from actual wolves.

Im waiting for someone to explain how asking for protection is dodgy? An explanation that doesnt involve several leaps of faith or mutliple double bluffs. Wolves are risk averse. They wouldnt risk drawing attention on themselves in that way.

• Advertisement

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Not sure I understand this, I was using the data to catch a baddie, not a goodie, therefore the vote data thus far is still valid with regards to catching a baddie.

Surely you were using it to catch a baddie by analysing all the votes, and if someones pattern has changed, the data is tainted?

I didnt say the data isnt useful, im saying if anyone had 'more than likely good' people on a list somewhere (as i did), throw away the list.

So im far from a wolf but that deserves a vote? Thats a very small step above Riona's reasoning in terms of usefulness and validity.

I really dont care what you think of my posts Holly. Im more concerned about you tunneling me and building a case in your head that isnt there, and thereby miss something from actual wolves.

Im waiting for someone to explain how asking for protection is dodgy? An explanation that doesnt involve several leaps of faith or mutliple double bluffs. Wolves are risk averse. They wouldnt risk drawing attention on themselves in that way.

I dont know who the wolves are, your just top of my suss list. Doesn't mean your a wolf, just the most suss.

Youre very very defensive.

I am just disputing your reasoning and accusations Holly. That is going to seem defensive to you because you are the one making the accusations.

I am just disputing your reasoning and accusations Holly. That is going to seem defensive to you because you are the one making the accusations.

What did I accuse you of?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I'd be ignoring the convert today. They literally could be anyone. Yes, we can no longer trust anyone who we thought were good, but if you've got a suspect list of bad people, that hasn't changed at all. (If the seer has anyone "cleared", that's gone. If the seer has anyone confirmed as bad, then that's still correct). So my thoughts would be to focus on catching the people who were baddies since the start, and by tomorrow, we can see if behaviours have changed.

Tonight's lynch should be catching one of the originals.

Mary WW wrote: »
    you can knock me off that list, Voted way ahead of everyone on connor, even came out and said it in the thing with the timing,

Unlike everyone else I knew 100% when I had voted so that's what got whini killed off she put her time up but had done feck all else. So I took a shot at her being a wolf/sk trying to get me lynched.

Why would I of been so vocal about my timing if once a mod clarified it it would of proved me a liar and a baddie

On this (before the lynch)....

The clarification does not clear you, and if anything, your weaponising of the confusion (which was, imo, justified) makes me so suspicious.

If you're good, your best bet would be to back down on the issue and try to find a baddy. Barbara is right though, you're not 100% cleared. You do have more wiggle room than others on the list, but the logic behind using that list of Night One voters is sound; wolves will often try to hide in the crowd on night one votes.

If you are innocent, then start coming up with other names or other theories. Tbh, I think you're safe enough today. You're the one continuing to keep your name in play in this discussion. If you're good, then start examining other names. Throw up theories, throw up accusations.

Contribute something to the village.

• Advertisement

Also on this, isn't there a chance the priest was converted, in which case they would be giving us fake info.

If anything, the seers info would be harder to fake as some players they peeked are probably still in the game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Had not considered the Priest conversion. Hmmmmm.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Frank WW

Ewan WW wrote: »
    What, have a birthday? I think you may have had a few haha.

I mean a placeholder vote in case real life prevents you voting.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Also on this, isn't there a chance the priest was converted, in which case they would be giving us fake info.

If anything, the seers info would be harder to fake as some players they peeked are probably still in the game.

Depends. The Priest might have been dropping the info they have subtly into the pre-conversion posts, making it harder for the priest to lie. Unless the priest just kept all their cards tight to their chest, a converted priest MIGHT be easier to catch in a lie....

Anyone know who the top three currently alive posters are?

Never mind, it's

Liam
    Nigel
    Barbara

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Liam was settling down for the night. A nice cup of cocoa, the crossword, and a buttered scone -lovely. They sat gingerly in their stair lift -their artrithis always acted up this time of year- and pressed the up button. Nothing happened. 'Dammit, fuse must be gone'. Then they spotted the green creature playing with the two wires. They only got the briefest glimpse of their grinning face before the stair lift shot up the stairs at speed and propelled them through the landing window.

Liam has been munched by the gremlins

Having picked up a thing or too from a young boy called Kevin, Harry hatched a plan to take his next victim. He crept in to their home as they went out for an evening of Christmass caroling and set up a series of traps around the home. Upon opening the door Steve was shot by a BB gun, and as Steve fell to the floor they knocked over a bucket of glue which also released a lot of feathers. Shot and covered in feathers Steve got up and stumbled up the stairs, only to be hit in the face by a swinging paint can. Feeling very groggy Steve went go into the kitchen to use the phone. By this time a film of water coated the downstairs and Steve slipped and fell. Harry then appeared from the other room and proceeded to hit poor Steve with a shovel whilst maniacally screaming "This is payback because of Old Man Marley".

Steve was munched by the Wet Bandits

So both SKs are still alive, assuming neither were wini or Liam or steve.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Frank WW wrote: »
    I mean a placeholder vote in case real life prevents you voting.

The party is starting at 12.30 so it wont stop me being able to vote so I don't feel the need.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Ewan WW

Interesting kills. I wouldn't have thought Steve.

Anyway, on the whole conversion thing. We need to try and think like them. There is no way you are going to turn a vocal poster surely? if they wanted a new team mate it would be someone nicely flying under the radar imo.

No great heat on them. Someone like Steve would have been a good choice so it will be interesting if the priest comes out to see what we have got in the bag so far. I have a hunch one of the baddie teams may have taken out a baddie.

I hope the priest is alive and we can find out info soon.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Top poster hit again by gremlin in Liam

Top posters are usually good nrvs. So while the odds of hotting a roled goodie is less, the likely hood of hitting another baddie is also less.

In the early days this will be wise moves for the wolves

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

I guess the liam munch was to be expected. The steve minch is odd though. Role hunting?

Not surprised at Liam.

Steve does surprise me.

Upside, proves my day one theory of Liam and Steve being a conspiring duo to be false, I think :P

Isla, Frank, Phil, Nigel, Gertrude, Mary.

The six left from my list yesterday.

I'm going to sit back a bit more today. I'd love if some people spoke up a bit more, and didn't just wait till they were accused before they got involved, and even then only to defend themselves.

We need more activity and, more importantly, some positive contributions.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

If Mogwai is munched by the gremlins an additional gremlin will be activated.

From the op, this makes me think that the convert may not have been selected. That they were pre-determined as the changeling from the start. If they were pre selected then there's a good likely hood that the priest/seer hasn't been turned

I had Steve pegged as a wolf, voted him yesterday. With a bit of luck, he was.

Liam doesn't really surprise me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭tritium

Mod clarification incoming.....

Given the OP appears to be causing confusion, and in the interests of fairness, modsanta is clarifying a number of points:

(I) The op hints that a number of additional gremlins are dotted around the town from the start (2 gremlins total? Pleeaassee...)

(II) Due to unforseen circumstances Phil has had to be modkilled. We are considering if any rebalance is needed at present and will revert

(III) Mogwai-mogwai is NOT team village. They count as village only for parity reasons. If the game reaches any end state (parity, bad teams all killed) with Mogwai in play they will win. We realise that, in some unlikely scenarios, that may lead to a slightly harsh outcome, for example perfect village guessing. However we believe this is offset by the considerable difficulty Mogwai faces in completing their role. Note also that Mogwai, as per the op, has been entertaining modsanta (on thread) to gain presents to help them in their mission. Inevitably this makes their role harder.

right so lets kill the mogwai! they have no presents for us!

also glad we didn't waste a lynch on Phil

• Advertisement

That mod clarification changes things, it suggests mogwai is still alive and therefore wasn't Gabri. Also, the conversion yesterday was a gremlin activated, perhaps by a task or something, ie, a player pre-selected before the game started.

If I have the above correct, then our roled vil we can still trust if still alive.

Advertisement