Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XXI: Christmas Chaos!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Abigail WW wrote: »
    How many posts had he?
    Did you even ask that, I don't think so.
    I smell what your cooking.

4 posts since being away and yet very little being said.

Engage with us Abi,

Give us your thoughts on people, who do you think the Moggi is, what taskes can you see......

You arent being very helpful today. Join us.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Holly WW wrote:
    Very strange behaviour.

It's really not. This happened in another game as well and it was genuine then, as it is now.

You can take or leave my advice, but you are barking up the wrong tree and focusing on the wrong person.

I was dealing with falimy issues that and I was looking for a Spanish dictionary.

If you have family issues fair enough.

However You had time to post 4 times which didnt contribute to the village.

The time posting those posts would have been better spent helping the village.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    From the people active at the moment, it's fairly easy to identify who Pter is. :D

Don't know if it helps us, but we know who he is.

Maybe im wrong about him now, I thought he was someone I had my eye on as a potential roled villager but did not want to out him before but I could have been off.

Jake WW wrote: »
    It's really not. This happened in another game as well and it was genuine then, as it is now.

You can take or leave my advice, but you are barking up the wrong tree and focusing on the wrong person.

Maybe so, but I like to say what I see. Whats genuine and what isnt is a matter of opinion.

• Advertisement

Isla WW wrote: »
    Maybe im wrong about him now, I thought he was someone I had my eye on as a potential roled villager but did not want to out him before but I could have been off.

Who cares who he is, it doesnt matter nor will it help the village.

Holly WW wrote:
    Maybe so, but I like to say what I see. Whats genuine and what isnt is a matter of opinion.

No it's not.....but look whatever. I'm gonna move on from this now, because I'm as guilty of indulging this theory as you are.

There is other analysis I can do to help instead.....namely the task hunting I was doing just now.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭Abigail WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    4 posts since being away and yet very little being said.

Engage with us Abi,

Give us your thoughts on people, who do you think the Moggi is, what taskes can you see......

You arent being very helpful today. Join us.

The day is long and will post up later but my suss list is you and Orla,I still think there some thing going on with Nigel and/or Mary ,it just worked out to nicely for them in the end .
    Is Moggi even alive ?

Who cares who he is, it doesnt matter nor will it help the village.

To be honest I am getting to the stage where I am trying to work out good roles just as much as bad. I may not be able to work out who to distrust but maybe I can find a good core to the Village. the tricky thing is working out who people might be without outing anyone good on thread. This is the day when people usually reveal a bit too much be it through a task or boredom.

The day is long and will post up later but my suss list is you and Orla,I still think there some thing going on with Nigel and/or Mary ,it just worked out to nicely for them in the end .
    Is Moggi even alive ?

I've been wondering that most of our entertainers seem to have died. I think the baddies have been hunting for the mogwai and that is why they have been hitting high post numbered villagers. Does this sound right?

• Advertisement

Is Moggi even alive ?

Lets have some reasons behind these my dear

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Lets have some reasons behind these my dear

Cos I asked where she's been! how dare I!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    I've been wondering that most of our entertainers seem to have died. I think the baddies have been hunting for the mogwai and that is why they have been hitting high post numbered villagers. Does this sound right?

That's a decent point, however the kills thus far would suggest we haven't lynched mogwai, SKs haven't got it (though could have been todays kill) and if the convert last night was not due to mogwai, then the gremlin have not got it yet. The latter would also depend on when the conversion takes place after mogwai is munched.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    That's a decent point, however the kills thus far would suggest we haven't lynched mogwai, SKs haven't got it (though could have been todays kill) and if the convert last night was not due to mogwai, then the gremlin have not got it yet. The latter would also depend on when the conversion takes place after mogwai is munched.

So its fair to assume the taskes the mogwai did were for its own benefit, their own benenfit wouldnt be a turn

Lynching or munching the moggi could cause the turn rather than the task, correct?

Are we asking the priest to come out? Maybe before tomorrows munch (or sooner if we are heading down a bad Lynch path today and they have evidence to steer it elsewhere).

We do need some info on what has happened so far re deaths I think.

Important to know if our seer and bg are still in play too.

The Mogwai hunt is definitely something we can focus on today, but as has been said above, the wolves appear to be doing so as well. Important we keep on the wolves, but I don't see us doing that successfully without some info.

We will have to see the priests info and make a judgement on whether it's tainted, but I am of the opinion this would be a good way of making progress on our wolf hunt.

So its fair to assume the taskes the mogwai did were for its own benefit, their own benenfit wouldnt be a turn

Lynching or munching the moggi could cause the turn rather than the task, correct?

No need to assume Trit told us as much:
    tritium wrote: »

Mod clarification incoming.....

Given the OP appears to be causing confusion, and in the interests of fairness, modsanta is clarifying a number of points:

(I) The op hints that a number of additional gremlins are dotted around the town from the start (2 gremlins total? Pleeaassee...)

(II) Due to unforseen circumstances Phil has had to be modkilled. We are considering if any rebalance is needed at present and will revert

(III) Mogwai-mogwai is NOT team village. They count as village only for parity reasons. If the game reaches any end state (parity, bad teams all killed) with Mogwai in play they will win. We realise that, in some unlikely scenarios, that may lead to a slightly harsh outcome, for example perfect village guessing. However we believe this is offset by the considerable difficulty Mogwai faces in completing their role. Note also that Mogwai, as per the op, has been entertaining modsanta (on thread) to gain presents to help them in their mission. Inevitably this makes their role harder.

Orla WW wrote: »
    No need to assume Trit told us as much:

damn i tried to bold that not realising it was all already in bold
    tritium wrote: »

Mod clarification incoming.....

Given the OP appears to be causing confusion, and in the interests of fairness, modsanta is clarifying a number of points:

(I) The op hints that a number of additional gremlins are dotted around the town from the start (2 gremlins total? Pleeaassee...)

(II) Due to unforseen circumstances Phil has had to be modkilled. We are considering if any rebalance is needed at present and will revert

(III) Mogwai-mogwai is NOT team village. They count as village only for parity reasons. If the game reaches any end state (parity, bad teams all killed) with Mogwai in play they will win. We realise that, in some unlikely scenarios, that may lead to a slightly harsh outcome, for example perfect village guessing. However we believe this is offset by the considerable difficulty Mogwai faces in completing their role. Note also that Mogwai, as per the op, has been entertaining modsanta (on thread) to gain presents to help them in their mission. Inevitably this makes their role harder.

Also point one implies not a convert but a gremlin that was "woken up"

damn i tried to bold that not realising it was all already in bold

Also point one implies not a convert but a gremlin that was "woken up"

Could the Moggi be that gremilin though is what im asking

like Mogwai turned bad?

I always kind of assumed we would have more Gremlins than stated in the OP, they are the Wolves, you can't have a 2 wolf pack take on a Village. The Wolves seem to be targeting the Mogwai at the moment which leads me to one question for Villagers. Do you think the Mogwai is still alive?

if yes then we want to get it before them. If no then that means one of our dead entertainers was the Mogwai and we have to focus on Wolves (including the convert) and SKs and not the Mogwai.

• Advertisement

Modwai needs to survive, whatever surprises they got would be to benefit themselves. Whether they also benefit the village I don't know, possibly early in the game. For mogwai to win, all baddies need to be eliminated, the number of villagers surviving for benefit mogwai.

Lynching mogwai cancels the following munch I think.

like Mogwai turned bad?

Yes,

In the movies, if a Mogwai ate after a certain time or had contact with water it was bad news.

My rationale would be, if the mogwai was killed at a certain time, could be be converted instead perhaps.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Dont think so... i think the only way for mog to go gremlin would be to be killed and we've had a full line of deaths so far. Ie the kill wouldnt be announced more so than some ejit poured water on a gremlin

Yes,

In the movies, if a Mogwai ate after a certain time or had contact with water it was bad news.

My rationale would be, if the mogwai was killed at a certain time, could be be converted instead perhaps.

That should read could he be converted?

Desmond WW wrote: »
    Dont think so... i think the only way for mog to go gremlin would be to be killed and we've had a full line of deaths so far. Ie the kill wouldnt be announced more so than some ejit poured water on a gremlin

Lets say the Moggi was lynched, my thinking could be that if hes killed by us he could turn perhaps.

Same could be applied if they were munched.

Wendy for example could have been the moggi, told a few jokes for their taskes, but got munched......and then turned as a result instead of dying.

Mogwai has a win condition where they are the sole winner, if they were converted to the gremlin team it would eliminate that win scenario, therefore imo, modwai either survives or is killed, but doesn't convert.

Lets say the Moggi was lynched, my thinking could be that if hes killed by us he could turn perhaps.

Wendy for example could have been the moggi, told a few jokes for their taskes, but got munched......and then turned as a result instead of dying.

but then We'd know because Wendy woudl still be posting?

If they were turned, in your example wendy, then she should still be in the game.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Is she on the lynch form still? I mean i would get that and then she just doesnt speak, but if she's not on the lynch form then this is just distracting nonsense.

• Advertisement

A players still alive and not posting, with the village thinking they are dead, is an absurd scenario imo

Advertisement