Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XXI: Christmas Chaos!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    Im saying I thought the mog was dead - then you all said he wasnt! I have highlighted the fact that the original rules stated once mog was dead, a new gremlin would be created - then the gremlin was created, so unless the rules have changed I am still of the opinion mog is dead!

What we are saying is that there may be more than one way for a gremlin to be activated and that we cant assume mogwai dying was the reason the gremlin you are referring to was 'awoken'.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    Let's look at the source material. Are there any other characters that would lend themselves to wanting to be killed off?

The old guy with a shovel in HA?

Any of the other Gremlins (im admittedly not as familar with the different ones here)

Scrooge from a Christmas Carol?

Holly can you expand on why you think we might lose the game? If you are thinking the Joker role played in other christmasses, then we were warned about that (and its a pretty big mechanic to hide). I dont know if the risk is as high as you deem it to be.

Well a bad character may want to get themselves lynched so they can win the game, thus we would lose

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Holly WW wrote: »
    Ie she is Moggi, getting herself lynched could win he the game perhaps or other awful consequences.
    That directly contradicts the first post
    If Mogwai is lynched by the village the gremlins lose their next munch.
    Lynching the Moggi is a good thing.
    Except presumably their powers make them valuable for identifying the SK/Wolves and/or interfering with their plans, so lynching them at the last second is preferable?

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I had a dream about something like this before, I think it's very harsh to loose the game in one move half ways through it.

If she is trying to get lynched I would think it's for a good cause.

I will agree, it could be a risk lynching her tonight though, on the other hand, if she is mogwai, she could be gone in the morning.

Actually, if both wolfs and SK target mogwai, I wonder who gets the reward?

It may be harsh but it has happened before, no reason why it couldnt happen again. Its an extreme consequence but a realistic one Im afraid

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    I had a dream about something like this before, I think it's very harsh to loose the game in one move half ways through it.

If she is trying to get lynched I would think it's for a good cause.

I will agree, it could be a risk lynching her tonight though, on the other hand, if she is mogwai, she could be gone in the morning.

Actually, if both wolfs and SK target mogwai, I wonder who gets the reward?

Can I point out I am not mogwai! Have no tasks, and am a nrv!

I'm posting aggressively because it seems people here are swanning about with a funny sherlock holmes hat on and a pipe evaluating ridiculous details when clearly there is nothing to go on.

It now seems the rules dont mean anything.

And after being asked to re-read half the thread because I was so confused as to the life status of mogwai, doing that, stating my case of confusion and quoting points I thought were relevant to explain myself - Orla then says "what's your point"

If I wasnt voting holly i'd be voting orla for pure ignorance!

• Advertisement

Derry WW wrote: »
    That directly contradicts the first post

Lynching the Moggi is a good thing.
    Except presumably their powers make them valuable for identifying the SK/Wolves and/or interfering with their plans, so lynching them at the last second is preferable?

It doesnt contradict it per se, it may still ahppen.

We could lose teh game to the Mogwai and not eb aware of it until the end of the game.

In a previous christmas, a Q character had a similar role

Do we have any sort of precedent for how many Gifts the Mogwai might expect to acquire over the festive period? Would there typically be a limit to their usefulness, potentially culminating in a chance to earn a Village bonus if they sacrifice themselves midway through the game (which they might opt for if it's clear they're not going to make it past the next set of lynches and munches?)

I would rather take the opportunity to kill Mogwai from the wolves, if indeed Riona is Mogwai.

If its not Riona, its Angus though.

Lats not deal in certaintys, its possible yes, not certain that either are thsoe just the most likely at this time perhaps

Well a bad character may want to get themselves lynched so they can win the game, thus we would lose

How can you win the game if your lynched?

Ah here.....

Holly i suggested going after Abi earlier as our placeholder decision and you disagreed with me rather firmly. Can you tell us why please?

• Advertisement

Do we have any sort of precedent for how many Gifts the Mogwai might expect to acquire over the festive period? Would there typically be a limit to their usefulness, potentially culminating in a chance to earn a Village bonus if they sacrifice themselves midway through the game (which they might opt for if it's clear they're not going to make it past the next set of lynches and munches?)

Id guess 3.

The Mogwai appears to me like a rouge shaman like charcater.

He has to complete taskes to gain his powers on each day

I would rather take the opportunity to kill Mogwai from the wolves, if indeed Riona is Mogwai.

If its not Riona, its Angus though.

It's Holly

In a previous christmas, a Q character had a similar role

And how did that go down?
    'Cause if the rules stated a village goal, and I achieved that goal and was told "you lose" I think I'd go live in the city and leave the villages to the wolves :D

It's Holly

Go on, this should be good.....

Lats not deal in certaintys, its possible yes, not certain that either are thsoe just the most likely at this time perhaps

Fair point.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Can I point out I am not mogwai! Have no tasks, and am a nrv!

I'm posting aggressively because it seems people here are swanning about with a funny sherlock holmes hat on and a pipe evaluating ridiculous details when clearly there is nothing to go on.

It now seems the rules dont mean anything.

And after being asked to re-read half the thread because I was so confused as to the life status of mogwai, doing that, stating my case of confusion and quoting points I thought were relevant to explain myself - Orla then says "what's your point"

If I wasnt voting holly i'd be voting orla for pure ignorance!

I'm not allowed to not understand the point you're trying to make?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

It may be harsh but it has happened before, no reason why it couldnt happen again. Its an extreme consequence but a realistic one Im afraid

I dont imagine that it would be a game ending alteration. I was thinking more so they might get a convert or a peek. To suggest it would be game winning is a bit much

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

I really don't think we know much with regards Mogwai. All the OP really gives us is that he is an entertainer and as far as the mod update it just suggests that he was active.this is all right?

Id guess 3.

The Mogwai appears to me like a rouge shaman like charcater.

He has to complete taskes to gain his powers on each day

Holly

Can you please explain - after all I have outlined, how you think Mogwai is still alive.

I have quoted the original rules, which state if M is killed a new g is created, I have quoted trit saying "a new g has been created"

Please - With all your powers of explaing something as if it were to a 3 yr old - Tell me how and why moggy could still be alive.

I also put this to you jake!

And how did that go down?
    'Cause if the rules stated a village goal, and I achieved that goal and was told "you lose" I think I'd go live in the city and leave the villages to the wolves :D

The character was rouge to themselves and playing to win themselves yes,

The rules stated in that christmas that they character was playing to win themselves for their own gain, not the village

• Advertisement

Orla WW wrote: »
    I'm not allowed to not understand the point you're trying to make?

Your just thick then yeah?

Holly

Can you please explain - after all I have outlined, how you think Mogwai is still alive.

I have quoted the original rules, which state if M is killed a new g is created, I have quoted trit saying "a new g has been created"

Please - With all your powers of explaing something as if it were to a 3 yr old - Tell me how and why moggy could still be alive.

I have no real reason to belive they are dead either way. Im assuming they are still alive.

yes a convert happened, but I dont know why for sure yet.

Desmond WW wrote: »
    I dont imagine that it would be a game ending alteration. I was thinking more so they might get a convert or a peek. To suggest it would be game winning is a bit much

True, I was dealing in an extreme situation, planning for the worst possible scenario.

But yes I agree, your theory above is more likely

The lynch riona/dont thing is actually quite straightforward.

We lynch her, either we get our prize, or there are dire consequences. Its a dice roll for each person. If you believe the former will happen, vote for her, if you believe the latter will happen, dont.

If you do not however, you have to account for the wolves possibly doing so in the morning and gaining an advantage. Or them doing it, she isnt the mogwai and they get no advantage.

We cant know if there is a game ender in play, so everyone decide on Riona based on whether you think there could be or not.

Id have to err on the side of killing her. Id prefer we ended the game that way (based off a harsh hidden mechanic) rather than just handing it to the wolves through potentially giving them Mogwai.

I have no real reason to belive they are dead either way.

Really? No real reason? At all? Like the reason I just gave you in the post your answering???? Really???

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Your just thick then yeah?

Oh so you're allowed to be stroppy but noone else is

You keep saying you read this but you clearly haven't so for THE THIRD TIME
    tritium wrote: »

Mod clarification incoming.....

Given the OP appears to be causing confusion, and in the interests of fairness, modsanta is clarifying a number of points:

(I) The op hints that a number of additional gremlins are dotted around the town from the start (2 gremlins total? Pleeaassee...)

(II) Due to unforseen circumstances Phil has had to be modkilled. We are considering if any rebalance is needed at present and will revert

(III) Mogwai-mogwai is NOT team village. They count as village only for parity reasons. If the game reaches any end state (parity, bad teams all killed) with Mogwai in play they will win. We realise that, in some unlikely scenarios, that may lead to a slightly harsh outcome, for example perfect village guessing. However we believe this is offset by the considerable difficulty Mogwai faces in completing their role. Note also that Mogwai, as per the op, has been entertaining modsanta (on thread) to gain presents to help them in their mission. Inevitably this makes their role harder.

This is why we think there is a possibility that Mogwai is still alive, but you know that you're just playing the fool

I already did Pal.

See my post at 15.25.

Really? No real reason? At all? Like the reason I just gave you in the post your answering???? Really???

Yep, I deal in absolutes when I can. Until I know for sur ethat the Moggi is dead, Ill keep my mind open

Isla WW wrote: »
    I really don't think we know much with regards Mogwai. All the OP really gives us is that he is an entertainer and as far as the mod update it just suggests that he was active.this is all right?

A lot of the focus has been on jokes and gifs. Has anyone modded a game of WW before? What entertains the Mods? Could part of the role be to cast suspicion on a particular person or turn two people against eachother? I know if I were on the outside looking in I would piss myself watching someone who was good at it twist the village back on itself. I mean, obviously you have the wolf team for that anyway but still, entertainment isn't always about giggles.

• Advertisement

The lynch riona/dont thing is actually quite straightforward.

Snot really

We lynch her, either we get our prize, or there are dire consequences. Its a dice roll for each person. If you believe the former will happen, vote for her, if you believe the latter will happen, dont.

Or im a nrv and nothing happens bar you lose an over aggressive newb who enjoys winding people up and being a general pain

If you do not however, you have to account for the wolves possibly doing so in the morning and gaining an advantage. Or them doing it, she isnt the mogwai and they get no advantage.

I have exhausted myself with the mogwai talk and no-one seems to want to listen - So far no-one has given me ANY reason whatsoever that Mog could possibly still be alive

We cant know if there is a game ender in play, so everyone decide on Riona based on whether you think there could be or not.

Posting seems to be a hazard in this game

Id have to err on the side of killing her. Id prefer we ended the game that way (based off a harsh hidden mechanic) rather than just handing it to the wolves through potentially giving them Mogwai.

You talk too much nonesense, blabber blabber - read into this, read into that. Your as suspect a character as anyone, You may get me lynched, but you are definitely on the dark side. Time will tell - Your a snake!

Advertisement