Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WW XXI: Christmas Chaos!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Can I interest anyone in fluffy bunny Isla?

Come on fluffy posts are still fluffy

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Jake WW wrote: »
    I guess what im advocating is giving Mary more rope to hang themself. We need Mary reporting back immediately after lynch with a result and we need to see if that checks out.

The timing of the peek is really annoying me however.

Really annoying me. And the whole setup to protect Derry. If we dont lynch Derry we could very quickly lose.

Lynch Doris/Mary, Derry goes to munch and wont be munched (either by protection or by wolves targeting elsewhere - probably me), go to next lynch and thats the endgame if we dont kill a wolf.

This

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Mary WW

Well from my pov you wouldn't because I'm the bg.

But you could easily look at the game, see the Gremlins have an advantage, take a punt on priest and seer being dead and launch opposing stories between yourself and Derry. Even if one of you gets caught out, the other is vindicated.

Your gremlin numbers could be a ruse in which case losing 1 gremlin to clear another and still have 2 in reserve is a good trade.

I would have to assume all 3 were dead, None have shown up on my table for their autopsy, either has mogwai.

I called marv dead, suddenly mod posts that included names the day before hand have no names, only he. Never a name when the day before when both were alive they had a name.

So it would require me to guess that 5 chars were all dead.

Predict the change of the mod death notice to become ambiguous.

Or I am the priest and can say these things as I know

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Ok I'll suspend my disbelief on you for now.

The next munch will be revealing with regards you anyway.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Lololol. You even allude to your plan in the post. You wolves aren't doing that bad so there is no need for this song and dance. Were we getting too close to abigail so you had to act? You wolves are doing great. Why risk it all. It's good craic making outrageous plays I suppose.

Our survey says "Uhn Uhn!"
    (I'll have to double check, but pretty sure that when you all piled on Riona last night I was one of the few voting abigail...)

Oh look, there it is!
    Barney92 wrote: »
    Mod Clarification

Sorry Abigail voted for Holly

Results
    Riona 9 - Barbara, Isla, Angus, Desmond, Ewan, Nigel, Frank, Doris, Orla
    Abigail 2 - Jake, Derry
    Angus 1 - Gertrude
    Gertrude 1 - Mary
    Holly 1 - Abigail

No vote from Holly or Riona, but Riona is dead.

And look which bandwagon you hopped on, even though I told you all not to.

Also, Jake voted Abigail, which I was not aware of. So either we're ****ing geniuses and incepted this ****ty defense into your head, or some people call me the Space Cowboy, some call me the gangster of love, but the wolves call me Pokémon because I PEEK AT YOU!

(Pikachu. Peek at you? Ah forget it)

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

In that case we are back to do we believe mary though, no? I mean if you believe mary, jake, why do you think derry is lying in the absense of a counter claim? Im not really sure from your posts if you just dont believe derry or if you don't believe both of them.

Im still not 100% on mary. She left the rouse go to long. Or was it your intention to leave it go right through till the next munch mary?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    NO
    THEY
    ****ING
    AREN'T

(are they normally? Someone who's played seer before on this forum, by all means contradict me. I mean you'll be wrong but at least you'll have precedent)

I peeked at 11:20 on the dot. Info returned at 11:21 which was very fast. I posted immediately on my return from hunting for a free toilet - why does everyone in this building take a **** at 11am? That's MY quality time.

Looking at the forum, I peeked
    Nigel at 00:39 monday morning, info returned 7:40
    I tried to peek Conor at 16:09, was told to wait till after the lynch. Registerred that I'd be changing my mind probably.
    Changed my mind, peeked Phil at 23:16
    Info returned at 23:32
    Peeked Riona at 11:58 yesterday morning
    Info returned 13:11

So clearly, it's asynchronous communication, they have built in plenty of headroom for me not being online for the 10 minutes around the chomp. Just as ****ing well with the traffic this week.

Ermmm.... does this not prove that the peak is at night? I can see right through you with the massive holes in your story

or some people call me the Space Cowboy, some call me the gangster of love, but the wolves call me Pokémon because I PEEK AT YOU!

(Pikachu. Peek at you? Ah forget it)

lol where's the heart eyes emoji when you need it

(not 'cos I agree with him cos it's funny so chill people!)

next munch will reveal it all. Make no mistake it will be for game. We need a wolf hit, stats say we go after those who have not claimed. the unknowns.

Always play stats.

We hit dorris. Seer said she is bad, I will either confirm or deny this. That will show a lot regards me and derry, then the next munch is on you, if we miss mogwai, you protect derry, I will be munched more than likely, but at least ye get another peek for the village.

Doris WW wrote: »
    Ermmm.... does this not prove that the peak is at night? I can see right through you with the massive holes in your story

Nah the riona timestamps given doesn't prove that at all.

• Advertisement

Mary WW wrote: »
    next munch will reveal it all. Make no mistake it will be for game. We need a wolf hit, stats say we go after those who have not claimed. the unknowns.

Always play stats.

We hit dorris. Seer said she is bad, I will either confirm or deny this. That will show a lot regards me and derry, then the next munch is on you, if we miss mogwai, you protect derry, I will be munched more than likely, but at least ye get another peek for the village.

TBF you and Derry could be cahooting and leading us all a merry dance

Desmond WW wrote:
    In that case we are back to do we believe mary though, no? I mean if you believe mary, jake, why do you think derry is lying in the absense of a counter claim? Im not really sure from your posts if you just dont believe derry or if you don't believe both of them.

I think we have a way of seeing what happens with Mary and Derry (by leaving one of them to the munch) and that if I had to pick, I'd want the priest more than the seer.

To be honest, even if we don't Lynch them one of them will die today. I can't protect them both at a munch.

If we kill Derry we get his role from Mary. If Mary lives through the munch we can disregard everything she has said. If Mary dies, we can take it as good info.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

The way I can see this going now, Derry peeks, we lynch, Mary confirms Derry, and we go again. 2 wolfs working together? I don't know. They had no heat so why would 2 wolfs throw themselves into the spotlight. It is getting near the end game so maybe worth the risk if the other 2 wolfs are still alive. Maybe the real seer and priest are gone and they took a risk and got caught out on the BG and had to change their story.

Okay so the above is just speculation, but can people see the possibility?

I think we have a way of seeing what happens with Mary and Derry (by leaving one of them to the munch) and that if I had to pick, I'd want the priest more than the seer.

To be honest, even if we don't Lynch them one of them will die today. I can't protect them both at a munch.

If we kill Derry we get his role from Mary. If Mary lives through the munch we can disregard everything she has said. If Mary dies, we can take it as good info.

Or the wolves leave them all alive cos this chaos is wonderful for them!

We need to look at people who are trying to stay out of the convo, who's trying to not get a wolf stink on them

Orla WW wrote:

This could happen but then we get info on 2 more kills.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    The way I can see this going now, Derry peeks, we lynch, Mary confirms Derry, and we go again. 2 wolfs working together? I don't know. They had no heat so why would 2 wolfs throw themselves into the spotlight. It is getting near the end game so maybe worth the risk if the other 2 wolfs are still alive. Maybe the real seer and priest are gone and they took a risk and got caught out on the BG and had to change their story.

ALl 3 of the village roles are alive, marv is dead. Look at todays Wet bandit kill story, look at yeserdays, do we see anything majorly different, like a lack of name? Like the mods had to change it as they could not give free info to the village as it would confirm I am the seer beyond doubt?

Orla WW wrote: »

Hmm. I dont think so. As numbers dwindle and confirmed roles increase the wolves are fúcked.

This could happen but then we get info on 2 more kills.
    you are missing out on possibility number 3, I get left untouched and you get munched, thus the village turns on me as I still remain alive, then the village lynches me while the wolves hunt elsewhere

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Ive voted with my gut, dont trust anyone im afriad

• Advertisement

Note : Mogwai peeks good. Doris is not the Mogwai. She's either SK or Wolf.
    So we're not getting the mogwai, and that means that there's potential for the moggi to get munched. (Assuming they're still in play - I tuned out of that arguement, Riona was doing my head in, I'm just going off Mary's list)

You know, if we can somehow make the Wolves and SK attack the same person and the BG protects that person, there's no kill... So I vote that the BG protects me so they can kill the priest! But secretly he should protect the priest so when they attack it fails. But really he protects himself because it's the last thing they'd expect. Which is why he actually protects me, because they know the he knows that they know what he knows they know. And that is why I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me....

Holly WW wrote: »
    Ive voted with my gut, dont trust anyone im afriad

if you are really a villager you will vote on the agreed person that way the wolves cant get lucky and swing the lynch

Note : Mogwai peeks good. Doris is not the Mogwai. She's either SK or Wolf.
    So we're not getting the mogwai, and that means that there's potential for the moggi to get munched. (Assuming they're still in play - I tuned out of that arguement, Riona was doing my head in, I'm just going off Mary's list)

You know, if we can somehow make the Wolves and SK attack the same person and the BG protects that person, there's no kill... So I vote that the BG protects me so they can kill the priest! But secretly he should protect the priest so when they attack it fails. But really he protects himself because it's the last thing they'd expect. Which is why he actually protects me, because they know the he knows that they know what he knows they know. And that is why I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me....

Mogwai 100% in play. Has not shown up for me to check.

don't forget wolves or sk might kill one another and that would really be epic for us

Mary WW wrote: »
    if you are really a villager you will vote on the agreed person that way the wolves cant get lucky and swing the lynch

Who's the agreed person, and why do you get to set the conditions?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

But does it sound like Marv or Harry?
    Ewan went to bed in his/her bungalow, dreaming of the wonderful Christmas they were going to have. Unfortunately they forgot to turn their alarm on so were unawares when an intruder forced his way into the home and looted everything of value. As a parting gift he sealed the bedroom and piped water in from a hydrant nearby. The Wet Bandits had struck again as Ewan never got to see their Christmas dreams come true.

Ewan was munched by the Wet Bandits

Barbara WW wrote: »

Except I came out against Mary in a manner that supported Jake - because we both disputed her list - before Jake turned on me to make sure it was clear that him coming out as BG was not seen as an endorsement of my claim.

The problem is the role-claim timeline is convoluted and a bit nonsensical, because it's not a fine-tuned well executed plan. It's 3 people who each think the other 2 are lying but they each only have 1 gun to cover them both.

Orla WW wrote:

For the record I proposed this earlier to avoid a split vote killing whomever the wolves want to gang up on.

Orla WW wrote: »

seer peeked doris, said she bad, she hangs, I can confirm or deny.

Why do I set these conditions?

Think about it logically, you are using your gut voting a random on no info.

We have info, we can act on it, within this lynch we can confirm 2 roles, and if munch goes right can confirm the bg.

Or you could pretend this doesn't make sense

Barbara WW wrote:
    But does it sound like Marv or Harry?

It's Marv. Harry hated the flooding homes bit in the movie didn't he.

If not, then it's as the mods said and flavour is flavour.

• Advertisement

Mary WW wrote:
    We have info, we can act on it, within this lynch we can confirm 2 roles, and if munch goes right can confirm the bg.

If both of you live past the Lynch, then 1 or 2 of us die at the munch.

Advertisement