Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy a H cowl

• 10-12-2017 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

I'm looking for a shop where I can buy a H cowl somewhere around north/west dublin or Leixlip areas.
    I'm looking for a shop where I can physically look at the cowl before buying.
    I have bought one online but it does not work. My chimney flue is 8 inch and the cowl I bought online is badly constructed. Hard to explain but because of the size of the openings the outer vertical sections of the H are too close to the centre section that fits into the chimney. Looking from the top you can see down the chimney slightly.
    The ones I see online seem to have wider horizontal sections that seperate the H better.
    Is it because of the size of the flue opening or is it a badly designed cowl that I bought?
    Do I need a flue reducer and use a smaller H cowl?
    My downdraft is due to the chimney top being lower that the ridge line of the roof.

Any ideas would be a great help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

You could try Chadwicks in Lucan 01-6282122 (they are located on the North bank of the Liffey), they carry a wide range of building products and may have what you are looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Username Exists.

K.Flyer wrote: »
    You could try Chadwicks in Lucan 01-6282122 (they are located on the North bank of the Liffey), they carry a wide range of building products and may have what you are looking for.

Worth a look thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 eibhlin1106

Did you get sorted with your H Cowl? Also, did it solve your problem? I got an OH Cowl but unfortunately no joy with the downdraught. Think an electric cowl is our only solution now.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Username Exists.

No. Still the same as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 eibhlin1106

No. Still the same as it was.

I bought an electric Cowl yesterday - fingers crossed 🀞

• Advertisement
Advertisement