Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird case connection.

Options
  • 10-12-2017 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

I have a gigabyte ab350 gaming 3 motherboard, and I have some generic case.

I've assembled the pc and it works but there's a leftover connection wire from the front of the case to the motherboard. It has "M/B SW" written on it. I would have thought this was the power switch but there's another wire with "POWER SW" written on it.

I probably don't need it but does anyone know what it might be for? I've read the manual for the motherboard but it's a wire from the front panel of the case, which I don't have a manual for.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

M/B SW is usually the power switch... so if you have two, I have no idea. If your PC boots with the Power SW then I'd ignore it. If it doesn't turn on, swap it for the M/B sw.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ye it turns on no bother. The reset switch works. The hard drive LED on the front works too. It's weird. I've ignored it for now.

Advertisement