Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fixing a mortise and tenon joint in 6 by 4

• 10-12-2017 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Putting up an exposed ceiling beam to fill gap from non structural wall I knocked, it's at a right angle and rather than use a load of screws and butt joint everything I decided to revive my rudimentary secondary school carpentry skills by utilising a mortise and tenon joint

Using treated Douglas fir 6 by 4 that I have leftover from a treehouse build that has stalled

The Douglas fir is not easy to chisel to a true finish but I have got it to this stage but looks like I have overshot a tad bit. Is there anyway I can adjust this to get the pieces flush ? Not striving for perfection but it's in the front room so I will be looking at it every day 😀 Just need to mentally sign off on it knowing I gave my best shot

Comments

Advertisement