Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclockers.co.uk

Options
  • 10-12-2017 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭

Anyone here buy a custom PC from Overclockers? What was yer experience with them? Would ye say it be safe enough to do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Anyone here buy a custom PC from Overclockers? What was yer experience with them? Would ye say it be safe enough to do?

They are a reputable store. Beware though, they're registered for Vat here so the Vat will change from 20% to the Irish 23% once you input an Irish address.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Got my GPU and monitor from them. Good service but as mentioned above they did a quick switcheroo on the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I was thinking of getting them to build my custom PC and all, not just buy the components. Anyone try that or hear stories?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Gopher971

I've used them a number of times over the years and service has always been good. I've used them both for components and pre-built machines.

I had 1 issue with bad ram which they replaced.

Just double check your prices on check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I've used them and their sister site casekings. Always received a great service from them. Probably my number 1 site to buy from along with Amazon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Only time OCuK were unreliable was about 10-15 years ago, and that was only because their aftermarket customer service was terrible.

They're almost like a different company now, excellent to deal with and never had any issues. Two day shipping with DPD too is about as good as you'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

Buy most my gesr of them, they've never let me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

As above. Was my go to place to buy pc stuff when I lived in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

They are a great site, definitely reliable and have a huge selection.
    The whole 20% vs 23%, well they arnt profiting from it and they are legally meant to do that :P
    If its a very expensive purchase, do your sums and see if it works out cheaper sending it to parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

They are grand but since the german market (delivery to us and UK) went they have little or no competition and its reflected in their prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

dreamers75 wrote: »
    They are grand but since the german market (delivery to us and UK) went they have little or no competition and its reflected in their prices.

I think their price is being affected by the weakness of the Pound, too.

They still have competition in the UK, e.g. Scan.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

. Two day shipping with DPD too is about as good as you'll get.

This is the main reason I use them.
    I want my parts and I want them bloody now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

big thumbs up for them, my 1070 died before xmas, about 15 months old, it was a pallit so have to go through the retailer, they took care of everything, shipped it back, and got an email this morning to say a new one just sipped form OC today, should have by the end of the week i'd guess.

big thumbs up on their after sales from me

Advertisement