Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chain Reaction - Worst Returns Service Ever!

Options
  • 10-12-2017 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Going to vent here as I'm not getting much satisfaction from Chain Reactions customer service ATM.

I bought cycling shoes a month ago, checked online beforehand to see that the size I ordered would be a good fit, but when shoes arrived was disappointed to find that were too tight :mad:.

Was tempted to order another full size up, but worried that these would then be too loose and assured by CRC's claim that returns are 'FREE and EASY' I filled out the returns form, re-boxed the item and posted it back to their depot in Dublin using An Posts return service.

Weeks pass by.

Get an e-mail from An Post informing me that my parcel has been delivered to CRC c/o General Logistics in Dublin and signed for by 'Damien'

Autumn turns to Winter.

Return home to be told a parcel has arrived for me, intrigued as to what mystery purchase awaits my inspection I find to my shock and disgust that it's the same parcel I'd sent back to CRC a month previously, unopened with their address in Dublin scribbled out and my address marked as the destination for return.

I e-mail CRC to inform them that I'm not best pleased with this turn of events, get a e-mail back telling me to following the guide on their website to return the goods. Inform them politely that I've already followed this guide a month previously to no avail.

They inform me that I can send the goods directly back to their depot in the UK using An Post return my shopping. I query if this is in fact possible
    service. "Yes you can use the AN POST return service for UK addresses." please follow the guide on our website etc.

Use An Post return my shopping again to return to CRC, give me the same address in Dublin as a month previously, there is no way to use this service to send the item back to the address quoted by CRC customer "service" as they the small print of An Post returns state that is "for delivery within Ireland".

Looking for advice on where to go from here, other than never order for Chain Reactions again obviously, legal remedies, cancel the payment with my bank . . .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Hit and miss... I reported this day last week that a bike washer was broken... they sent me a form 2 days later to fill out and a replacement unit arrived yesterday without me ever getting asked to send back the fault original unit (11 months old)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

never had an issue whatsoever with returning stuff and warranty issues inc sending an email about a faulty chain. I then emailed them saying that KMC were looking after it but they still sent me a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I have always found it straightforward dealing with CRC returns.
    A couple of years ago, I bought a bike from CRC for my first wife. It was advertised as having an 11-32 cassette. When it arrived, it had an 11-25 cassette. I rang CRC and told them what had happened, the agent apologised and told me, they'd send out a new cassette. I explained that the rear mech wouldn't accommodate an 11-32 cassette, the agent said he'd send me a long cage mech. I then told him that I'd need a new chain, because of the long cage. He said he'd send me a new chain. I asked if he would send the new stuff straight away and trust me to send the old stuff back, he told me to keep the old stuff, because it would only be put in a drawer for a while and then thrown out. All the new stuff arrived two days later, along with a new inner gear cable.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Things have changed since the Wiggle takeover - I ordered a pair of overshoes, they never arrived and I got an email saying they were going to refund me as requested - I hadn't asked for a refund, nor sent them back! Rang them and the person I was talking to couldn't have been nicer, said they have problems with some of the couriers they now use (as they don't send stuff from NI anymore) and it happens quite a bit. Sorted it out for me and I got them yesterday. I'd say staff working there before and after the takeover might be a bit sickened/frustrated seeing how things go from time to time.

I did send something back before the takeover and it went perfectly smoothly, I wouldn't have anywhere near the same confidence in their process now.

Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Look like all of the successful issue resolutions didn't involve returning the original goods - maybe the OP should just ask CRC to send the correct-sized shoes and not worry about getting the original ones back :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

If you returned the items to CRC as instructed, and they sent them back to you. Does that mean the items count as unsolicited and so are now yours to keep? CRC should also refund you the cost of them obviously.

I'd be pushing for a full refund, as the items were returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

nee wrote: »
    Things have changed since the Wiggle takeover

Maybe this is something to do with the OPs issue.

I've returned plenty of stuff in the past (pre Wiggle) and to be honest, the whole process was nothing short of perfection.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

crosstownk wrote: »
    I've returned plenty of stuff in the past (pre Wiggle) and to be honest, the whole process was nothing short of perfection.

Likewise for me, but this was before Wiggle bought them over

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

What payment method did you use to pay for the order?

In the event that you may have used PayPal, I would suggest that you initiate a dispute via your PayPal account. Retailers do not like this to happen and it will usually accelerate the dispute resolution process. If it is not resolved to your satisfaction, you should claim a full refund.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,598 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

does the dispute resolution process allow for issues where the initial problem is sizing?
    it's not that the retailer shipped out a damaged or faulty part, which could be relevant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

does the dispute resolution process allow for issues where the initial problem is sizing?
    it's not that the retailer shipped out a damaged or faulty part, which could be relevant.

Yes, I would think so as the goods were returned per CRC's T&C, the op should be entitled to a refund of the payment amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blarney_boy

Will definitely use Paypal in future when ordering goods from UK, used my credit card for this transaction and as I only got the returned returns a month after the purchase it's probably too late to notify the bank to dispute the transaction?

Anyway as their customer service centre is only open Tuesday to Friday(?), I tried their live chat service to see if I can get some answers to the question of how do I return these goods and have them stay returned . . . and get a refund so I can buy shoes that fit :)

As I mentioned my earlier attempts to contact CRC customer service via e-mail were 'return to our depot in UK', 'follow the return guide on our website' etc. Contacted the live chat to tell them that there is no way to use An Post return my shopping service to return to UK addresses.

CRC: "You can certainly return your package to our UK address using An Post. This is the free returns service that we offer our customer in Southern Ireland"

ME: "An Post return my shopping page, select the company as CRC, this autofills the address as CRC c/o General Logistics Dublin, the same address my parcel was delivered to over a month ago"

CRC: "this was an issue with An Post , sorry we moved warehouses and they did not update the information"

ME: " How has it been resolved? The An Post return my shopping service is still giving the SAME ADDRESS Chain Reactions c/o General Logistics, Dublin 11"

CRC: "We have updated An Post , this should not have happened again the stock now all goes back to Wolverhampton"

ME: "No it doesn't, it STILL goes to Chain Reaction Cycles, c/o General Logistics Systems Ltd, Dublin 11"

CRC: "I need to escalate this to them and get back to you, I have been advised that this was resolved , but you are saying it has not , so i need to take it up and resolve this for you"

later that same day . . .

CRC: "I have been updated , can you please ensure to take your name and address label off the parcel and print a new one , I will put notes on the account to ensure this will not get returned to you again."

ME: "How can I be confident that sending the same parcel to the same address won't return to me in the new year?"

CRC: "If you ensure no information is on the parcel with your address then this can not happen"

So, first the problem was that I was sending to the wrong depot, then it was because An Post should have sent the parcel back to Wolverhampton, and then again maybe not maybe the address provided by An Post is actually correct and please try again and sorry about any inconvenience . . .

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,418 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Will definitely use Paypal in future when ordering goods from UK, used my credit card for this transaction and as I only got the returned returns a month after the purchase it's probably too late to notify the bank to dispute the transaction?
    No - and you get better protection from the CC company. You get statutory protection with a CC

I would always use a CC ahead of PayPal where I can. PayPal simply apply more conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭howsshenow

Returned package to Wiggle at Dublin address last week using parcel motel having marked it as instructed and including return docs, order reference etc.

Got it back today via parcel motel unopened!
    Wtf Wiggle, at least tell me what I did wrong - if anything?
    No wonder they offer a 365 day return.

#Wigglebureaucrats

• Registered Users Posts: 19 elric

I had the same happen to me. Sent a return to CRC the week before last using An Post's return service. Got it back today unopened with a sticker on the front indicating it was refused.
    It looks like Wiggle/CRC had GLS handling returns in Ireland, and GLS have stoppedd accepting those returns. I see that GLS's Irish return address is still listed on Wiggle's returns page.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Same here, I sent an item back with returnmyshopping on the 25th Nov, its now sitting in Dublin after being refused delivery in Dublin. Next step is to Roscommon when it will eventually come back to Galway in next 2 weeks! So after about 5 weeks I hope to get it back so I can then return direct to chain reaction for a refund!

Advertisement