Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Santy in Dublin

Options
  • 10-12-2017 7:57pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I’m on the look out for a decent Santy in Dublin (north side ideally) so we can bring our (fairly new) little girl. Obviously it’s completely for our benefit but would like to visit a good one to ensure we’ve a good photo as a keepsake.

I know Arnotts & BT tend to be to gold standard but think the trip & long wait might be a bit much for her & us.

Any other recommendations?

Really just looking for one that doesn’t have a stupid big fake beard & cheap costume! No need for any of that ‘Christmas Experience’ stuff - just a standard grotto will do the job!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Arnotts shouldnt be too busy if you go in when the kids are still in school. You can put your phone number in at the kiosk and you'll sent a message when santa is ready to see you if you want to go and get lunch.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

dan1895 wrote: »
    Arnotts shouldnt be too busy if you go in when the kids are still in school. You can put your phone number in at the kiosk and you'll sent a message when santa is ready to see you if you want to go and get lunch.

I was told I’d probably need to be there before 11 mid-week to register and then there’s whatever of a wait after that for the visit itself - not sure if that’s realistic for a fairly new baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

flogen wrote: »
    I was told I’d probably need to be there before 11 mid-week to register and then there’s whatever of a wait after that for the visit itself - not sure if that’s realistic for a fairly new baby!

We got seen straight away when we went in with our new baby but that was nearly three weeks ago now so it'll obviously be busier.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Brought the kids to Santa in Easons earlier today. A tenner each and they each got a nice book that would cost you most of that tenner on its own. No photos for sale so that means they have no problem with you taking your own. The only thing is that he's only there Thursday to Sunday.

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Brought the kids to Santa in Easons earlier today. A tenner each and they each got a nice book that would cost you most of that tenner on its own. No photos for sale so that means they have no problem with you taking your own. The only thing is that he's only there Thursday to Sunday.

Wouldn’t have even thought of Easons!

Ended up going to the one in the Pavillions in Swords - he looked the part (fake beard but was a decent stick-on job rather than a bundle of cotton wool on a string); was free to visit and €5 for a picture. Hardly any queue too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

flogen wrote: »
    Wouldn’t have even thought of Easons!

Neither would I but the OH found it online! We had planned to go to Liffey Valley same as last year, but this year it was in Pirates' Cove and they wanted €25 per child and €15 per adult (!?!) :eek: so feck that

Two years ago we went to Jervis which was OK but even though we went quite early we were still queueing for two hours!

Easons was great, we got there about 11:30 and let the kids look around, one of us stood in the queue at 11:50, it opened at 12:00 and at 12:10 it was our turn. Pay your money, get in get out go home, no parent wants to be queueing for 2 hours or have a 45 minute 'Santa Experience' like Liffey Valley

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Advertisement