Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

strange light problem

Options
  • 10-12-2017 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi

I have a spotlight bar in the dining room. Beside the dining room there is the hall and a bathroom. If I turn off the bathroom fan from the switch or if I turn off the light in the hall, the spotlight bar in the dining room turns off and straight back on.

Beside the dining room there is another room with spotlights but they are not affected.

Do you think is a problem with the wiring somewhere or a problem with the spotlight bar wiring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

Most likely a loose connection at th switch but I'd advise getting it checked

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭clvk07

meercat wrote: »
    Most likely a loose connection at th switch but I'd advise getting it checked

I checked both light switch and fan switch and no loose wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Check neutrals

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭clvk07

Check neutrals

wires on the light switch / fan (neutral/live) seem ok, should I check also wiring to the spotlight bar itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

clvk07 wrote: »
    wires on the light switch / fan (neutral/live) seem ok, should I check also wiring to the spotlight bar itself?

Neutral at ceiling level are usually linked onto to other lights elsewhere, check those.

• Advertisement
Advertisement