Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Holland tm155 help

Options
  • 10-12-2017 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

searching for a clean New Holland Tm155 preferably with front linkage and good tyres any year considered.
    Anyone know of a clean one for sale ??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Matbro tr250

Gone through both sites already before this most the fresh ones on tractorhouse have already been sold,

Would prefer it to be range command also.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mycro2013

searching for a clean New Holland Tm155 preferably with front linkage and good tyres any year considered.
    Anyone know of a clean one for sale ??:confused:

Good ones are hard got. There is a garage cronins tractor sales based in newmarket Co.cork. He usually has a few in stock.

• Advertisement

mycro2013 wrote: »
    Good ones are hard got. There is a garage cronins tractor sales based in newmarket Co.cork. He usually has a few in stock.

Ya getting very hard to get a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Alfie1

Alfie1 wrote: »

Looks tidy but I’m trying to stay away from power command

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Hours seem low enough for such a machine?

Mooooo wrote: »
    Hours seem low enough for such a machine?

His tractors are always very clean with low hours to be fair to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

His tractors are always very clean with low hours to be fair to him

Don't mean anything by it just seems strange for a tractor of that size to be only doing 500 hours a year. What's the main difference between range and power command, is it a reliability thing or just the different setup?

Mooooo wrote: »
    Don't mean anything by it just seems strange for a tractor of that size to be only doing 500 hours a year. What's the main difference between range and power command, is it a reliability thing or just the different setup?

Power command takes more power from the tractor using a bit more diesel , and you don’t have to clutch between ranges , range command is supposed to be more reliable from what I’ve heard

• Registered Users Posts: 48 jayc12

It needs tyres all round, plus that drawbar has some wear on it. If I was spending that kind of money I'd a least want it to be registered.

Low hours but it was worked during those hours with alot of roadwork. Also that hitch is an aftermarket addition. Indicating a replacement or a Euro import as does the opening windscreen which is common in continental European.

It needs tyres all round, plus that drawbar has some wear on it. If I was spending that kind of money I'd a least want it to be be registered.

Low hours but it was worked during those hours with alot of roadwork. Also that hitch is an aftermarket addition. Indicating a replacement or a Euro import.
    Thought that hitch was standard on the tm. If it was an EU import then it may have 3-4 times them hrs.
    Tractors work on the continent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭White Clover

It needs tyres all round, plus that drawbar has some wear on it. If I was spending that kind of money I'd a least want it to be be registered.

Low hours but it was worked during those hours with alot of roadwork. Also that hitch is an aftermarket addition. Indicating a replacement or a Euro import.

Maybe that hitch was spec'd first day? The hitches that new holland put on all them TM's were pure scrap.

Maybe that hitch was spec'd first day? The hitches that new holland put on all them TM's were pure scrap.

Could be, but any tm I've used had the swing down hitch. Which is usually replaced when the original is goosed from haulage.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mad-for-tar

Definitely not a factory hitch. They always had the swing back version up until around 2006 or so where you could spec it with the Sauermann option like what's on the current models. Plus, you can see in the 6th pic on it the unpainted part on the pto housing just above it, where the ladder type hitch was from the factory, looks definitely like an EU import anyway. Also unusual for an Irish or U.K. spec of this size to only have 2 spool valves, 4 was nearly the norm on most short wheel base TM models sold in U.K. and Ireland.

Phoned up about that tractor earlier seems genuine enough no front suspension on it , holding out for one with cab suspension, lot of money for that year and then put 4 new tyres on it , rare enough with only 2 spool valves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

Why do ye think continental tractors have only 2 spools,I've a tm125 here 4 spools and 2 fuel tanks .

lab man wrote: »
    Why do ye think continental tractors have only 2 spools,I've a tm125 here 4 spools and 2 fuel tanks .

No idea would of taught they’d have a higher spec than here

Advertisement