Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help?!? Which College is Best for Computer Science???

Options
  • 10-12-2017 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,
    I'm in 6th year and am unsure which college to go to study computer science. I'm considering UCD, Trinity and I also hear DIT and DCU are good as well. I heard that you can almost walk straight into a job straight from DIT and is very hands on however it's not the same in other colleges??? Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks, Cian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Chloeeww

My brother did engineering in DIT and works for intel now and he suggested DCU, DIT and UCD to me cause I’m hoping to do computer science next year too. I have DCU as my first choice, they’ve the intra work experience (like DIT and UCD). DCU is pretty hands on too from what I read they focus more on the programming element where as Trinity and UCD course structure contains a lot of maths. I also shadowed a DCU CA student for a day and I loved it and decided it was the college for me. I did a computer science summer school last year in UCD and I also loved that. So DCU is the first and UCD is my second on my CAO. It’s a tough choice, my brother said which ever I choose I’ll be able to get the same job out of all of them, but I particularly like the DCU and UCD course structures- and for walking out with a job straight away after graduating I think that applies for all stem jobs as people with stem degrees are in such high demand so which ever college you choose you’ll get a job quickly in the computer science area.

Advertisement