Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanical engineering options

Options
  • 10-12-2017 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi guys

I am studying a lvl 7 degree in mechanical engineering in Sligo IT. Good course, with a very hands on approach. I am in 3rd year and considering what to do next year?

Sligo has a one year level 8 add-on but is not recognised by engineers ireland afaik. Is the engineers ireland thing such a necessity?

I am also considering the idea of transferring to a university to get my level 8, either here or even the UK.

My question is, am a better to switch to a university with regard to job prospects afterwards or are employers favouring a more practical based level 8 which I would get in sligo or most IT's?

Also, I am kind of guessing if I switched to a university, with my level 7, I would have to repeat 3rd and then do 4th year? Which makes it 5 yrs to get a level 8 then.

I talked to people and everyone has a different opinion on which is better.
    I am 31, qualified Plumber and aim to score pretty highly in my level 7 degree also if they are factors.
    Thanks

Comments

Advertisement