Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house insurance

Options
  • 11-12-2017 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Just wondering do I have a house I have covered for enough it is rented out in Kilkenny the building is insured for 182,261 the contents are covered for 16,080 there is three bedrooms, kitchen,living room ,fire alarm up stairs down stairs the square footage is 900 .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭john kinsella

If you go to the Chartered Surveyors website they have a house rebuild calculator that you can use.

https://www.scsi.ie/advice/house_rebuilding_calculator

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

We have a house a little bit bigger and are covered for 45k contents. I've got the advice to set the contents insurance quite high because it really should cover everything in the house and with everything it means not only your personal stuff like TV and furniture but also flooring, kitchen, appliances, literally everything on the inside. I got told that for example think of the case of a house fire what you'd need to replace - which would be everything and this is the rough amount you set.

For the building insurance, the calculator is grand.

Advertisement