Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know this book?

• 11-12-2017 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 18

My details of it are very hazy but I studied it in secondary school years ago, it was set in Ireland and it was centered around the relationship of a father and son.

The son held resentment because he wanted to connect with his father but the father found it difficult to express any feelings as he was brought up the old fashioned way of suppressing emotions and being the 'strong silent type'.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,258 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

markiid wrote: »
    My details of it are very hazy but I studied it in secondary school years ago, it was set in Ireland and it was centered around the relationship of a father and son.

The son held resentment because he wanted to connect with his father but the father found it difficult to express any feelings as he was brought up the old fashioned way of suppressing emotions and being the 'strong silent type'.

Was it the play Philadelphia Here I Come?
    On the curriculum in mid 90s?

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 18 markiid

Thats the one alright, minute I read the name it clicked. Thanks very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,258 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

markiid wrote: »
    Thats the one alright, minute I read the name it clicked. Thanks very much.

Depressing as fook from memory!

To thine own self be true

Advertisement