Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best bibs for drooling baby

Options
  • 11-12-2017 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi all

My little guy is a serious drooler. I am double bibbing at the moment and he is still soaking. Just using cotton bibs.
    Is there a bib out there to keep him dry?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I found the ones from Name It best out of the ones I had. They were fleece lined so soaked up the drool well. Any others soaked through.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭fits

The rain and conker ones are lovely. Fleece backing. I have a heap I could sell on to you if you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

The baby boo ones are great. Fleece backing too- they’re dear enough, but I think they do bundles. I’ve a feeling 10 of them cost €32. Some shops are now stocking them, but I’ve always bought online. Their prints are lovely. My little dude is a real drooler too, and his clothes never get wet
    I got some as a gift which are the very same. Zippy is the brand, and I’ve seen them in some pharmacies, you might come across them.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

There's a brand called Funky Giraffe and I found them a lifesaver for my little boy who drooled an unbelievable amount. They're fleece backed so they kept the clothes dry for a lot longer than regular bibs, they're also bandana shaped and come in loads of different designs, so they didn't ruin the look of his cute little outfits :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

Rain&conker by a mile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭painauchocolat

Dunnes and next do bibs that are labelled "dribble proof" - they're double layered, sometimes triple layered and are much more effective than the standard cotton ones. Not sure how the price/quality compares with others already mentioned, but they might be easier to source

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Next ones are great, they've a built in middle later that soaks up the moisture and stops it getting through. But both sides are covered with cotton so it's not like some bibs where the back is plastic (which I'm guessing could be uncomfortable).

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

Dunnes and next do bibs that are labelled "dribble proof" - they're double layered, sometimes triple layered and are much more effective than the standard cotton ones. Not sure how the price/quality compares with others already mentioned, but they might be easier to source
    Have got loads of em and don't compare in quality to rain&conker at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Gosh I never heard of lots of these brands! First boy never dribbled! Tesco etc bibs were grand! I have never seen triple layer ones!!
    I might order a few of each!
    Funky giraffe are different sizes any idea what size I should go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Ikea ones are great - fleece lined also.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Millem wrote: »
    Gosh I never heard of lots of these brands! First boy never dribbled! Tesco etc bibs were grand! I have never seen triple layer ones!!
    I might order a few of each!
    Funky giraffe are different sizes any idea what size I should go for?

I just used the regular size up until he was about 1 and then went for the large. I've ordered a few for the current bun in the oven and just went with Regular. There's 2 sets of snaps on the back, so you can adjust the size pretty easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

I double-bibbed... plastic backed underneath, and the fleece backed on top.

Advertisement