Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir (originally Meteor) HEAnet 50GB Mobile Broadband - Out of bundle data usage & bil

Options
  • 11-12-2017 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have tried to contact eir via email/chat - both are currently unavailable & there appear to be long waiting times via telephone on your support numbers.

I wish to log a query in respect of recent bill received for period 25.10.17-24.11.17 on a HEAnet  50 GB package – whereby the data allowance of 50GB was exceeded and additional data usage permitted and subsequently billed at standard rates with no notification or acceptance of billing arrangements outside of package limits.  

The account is a HEAnet 6 month Mobile Broadband  billpay package (purchased via HEAnet and Meteor), this includes 50GB per month at €19.99. 

The simcard for this package/account is housed in the Huawel E5377 B315 Router modem which was purchased in conjunction with the account initiation.  This simcard/router does not receive/display data allowance usage text alerts (if they were issued). 

The data allowance for this account is limited to 50GB and should not be 'exceedable', unless additional add-on data packages are purchased.  This is clearly not what has occurred in respect of the period 25 Oct – 24 Nov 2017.

The bill as received for the 2017 November billing period outlines data usage beyond the HEAnet package allowance and indicates acceptance of the standard billing rates for this usage – this is incorrect as no data notifications/warnings were received to notify that the 50 GB limit had been exhausted/exceeded, and at no point was a standard rate billing for additional data usage accepted in order to continue data use outside of the billed allowance.  In addition, at no time during this period did the 'my eir' app data usage indicate that the full complement of data had been exhausted.  

I am extremely angered that this has resulted in an unapproved bill over 3 times the agreed package monthly billing. 

I would request that the account billing be reviewed and that a stringent cap be placed the account so that no data usage beyond the agreed and contracted 50GB is permissible without the purchase of an optional add-on data bundle - as was the case when the account was owned and managed by Meteor.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

De Hipster wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have tried to contact eir via email/chat - both are currently unavailable & there appear to be long waiting times via telephone on your support numbers.

I wish to log a query in respect of recent bill received for period 25.10.17-24.11.17 on a HEAnet  50 GB package – whereby the data allowance of 50GB was exceeded and additional data usage permitted and subsequently billed at standard rates with no notification or acceptance of billing arrangements outside of package limits.  

The account is a HEAnet 6 month Mobile Broadband  billpay package (purchased via HEAnet and Meteor), this includes 50GB per month at €19.99. 

The simcard for this package/account is housed in the Huawel E5377 B315 Router modem which was purchased in conjunction with the account initiation.  This simcard/router does not receive/display data allowance usage text alerts (if they were issued). 

The data allowance for this account is limited to 50GB and should not be 'exceedable', unless additional add-on data packages are purchased.  This is clearly not what has occurred in respect of the period 25 Oct – 24 Nov 2017.

The bill as received for the 2017 November billing period outlines data usage beyond the HEAnet package allowance and indicates acceptance of the standard billing rates for this usage – this is incorrect as no data notifications/warnings were received to notify that the 50 GB limit had been exhausted/exceeded, and at no point was a standard rate billing for additional data usage accepted in order to continue data use outside of the billed allowance.  In addition, at no time during this period did the 'my eir' app data usage indicate that the full complement of data had been exhausted.  

I am extremely angered that this has resulted in an unapproved bill over 3 times the agreed package monthly billing. 

I would request that the account billing be reviewed and that a stringent cap be placed the account so that no data usage beyond the agreed and contracted 50GB is permissible without the purchase of an optional add-on data bundle - as was the case when the account was owned and managed by Meteor.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you have a 50GB limit on your mobile broadband you can't exceed this unless you agree to use more data after you've reached your limit. A notification appears on your screen if your allowance is reached and you have to agree to continue to use your data at standard rates or purchase an add-on. 

If you didn't do this, you will need to a log a complaint and our complaints department will be able to look into it further for you. You can view our complaints process on the below link.

https://www.eir.ie/complaints/

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭De Hipster

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks in advance.
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you have a 50GB limit on your mobile broadband you can't exceed this unless you agree to use more data after you've reached your limit. A notification appears on your screen if your allowance is reached and you have to agree to continue to use your data at standard rates or purchase an add-on. 

If you didn't do this, you will need to a log a complaint and our complaints department will be able to look into it further for you. You can view our complaints process on the below link.

- Adam
    Thanks Adam - the issue is that standard billing has been applied but no notification/acceptance process was followed, I am unable to log this formally via the complaints process as the form will not accept my account number or mobile contact number - both of which are mandatory. 

Can you also assist me in how I can purchase one-off add-on data bundles to extend the data available, in order to prevent this issue reoccurring in the future?  The 'myeir' app indicates that no add-on options currently apply, however this option was previously available & availed of when necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

Thanks in advance.
    Hi there,

- Adam
    Thanks Adam - the issue is that standard billing has been applied but no notification/acceptance process was followed, I am unable to log this formally via the complaints process as the form will not accept my account number or mobile contact number - both of which are mandatory. 

Can you also assist me in how I can purchase one-off add-on data bundles to extend the data available, in order to prevent this issue reoccurring in the future?  The 'myeir' app indicates that no add-on options currently apply, however this option was previously available & availed of when necessary.

If you're having issues logging a complaint online a member of our customer care team will be able to log it for you if you give them a ring on 1901. They'll also be able to check exactly what add-ons are available to you.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

- Adam

Advertisement