If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

49/50 inch tv

Options
  • 11-12-2017 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi,
    Could you help with selecting a TV.
    Trying to decide between LG 49sj800, Panasonic 50ex700, Sony 49xe80.
    I am replacing a Panasonic 50st50 plasma. My main concern with the above would be black level particularly in a dark room. I do have last years panasonic 40dx700 in another room, black level is pretty poor when viewed off center. Is there much improvement in this years model?
    Would I be better holding out for a TV such as the Sony xe9005? Which is obviously more expensive. Any other TV in this size you could recommend?
    Also I'm a looking to purchase a sanus vlf525 bracket at the same time. That much I have decided. Would there be any saving on the bracket if buying with a TV?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

caution wrote: »
    Hi,
    Could you help with selecting a TV.
    Trying to decide between LG 49sj800, Panasonic  50ex700, Sony 49xe80.
    I am replacing a Panasonic 50st50 plasma. My main concern with the above would be black level particularly in a dark room.  I do have last years panasonic 40dx700 in another room, black level is pretty poor when viewed off center. Is there much improvement in this years model?
    Would I be better holding out for a TV such as the Sony xe9005? Which is obviously more expensive. Any other TV in this size you could recommend?
    Also I'm a looking to purchase a sanus vlf525 bracket at the same time. That much I have decided. Would there be any saving on the bracket if buying with a TV?
    Hi Caution.

It is very very hard to compare plasma to LED unfortunately due to the contrast and Black levels as you mention.

The best of the above would be either the LG or the Sony as both these perform very well for the money.

Without going for the higher spec'ed screens in is near impossible to compare to plasma.
    I just moved from a Pioneer plasma and had to purchase an OLED to be happy.

Is there anyway you might be able to get to view any of the listed above to see what you think of their blacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 caution

Hi Caution.

It is very very hard to compare plasma to LED unfortunately due to the contrast and Black levels as you mention.

The best of the above would be either the LG or the Sony as both these perform very well for the money.

Without going for the higher spec'ed screens in is near impossible to compare to plasma.

Is there anyway you might be able to get to view any of the listed above to see what you think of their blacks?

Thanks for getting back to me. I did a little bit more research and found most of the tvs I listed have ips panels so black levels most likely not great. Ideally yes Id go for an oled but not right now. Im going to look at the Samsung 49mu7000 and the Sony 49xe90, a big difference on price but il see if they are worth it. Il make a decision and get back on to you for purchase. Thanks again.

Hi Caution.

Thanks for getting back to me. I did a little bit more research and found most of the tvs I listed have ips panels so black levels most likely not great. Ideally yes Id go for an oled but not right now. Im going to look at the Samsung 49mu7000 and the Sony 49xe90, a big difference on price but il see if they are worth it. Il make a decision and get back on to you for purchase. Thanks again.
    No problem at all Caution.

Hi there, hope you have enjoyed christmas.
    I have had a chance to look further at some tvs and have decided on a sony 55xe8596.
    I have found this slightly cheaper on another site at 999 euros and was wonderimg if ye price match.
    http://www.redmondelectric.ie/christmas-gift-ideas/gifts-for-tv-lovers/55-tv-led-4k-hdr-smart-android-tv-by-sony-kd55xe8596-new-2017-model.html
    I am looking to purchase a sanus blf228 at the same time and was looking for a deal on both together if possible?

Hi there, hope you have enjoyed christmas.
    I have had a chance to look further at some tvs and have decided on a sony 55xe8596.
    I have found this slightly cheaper on another site at 999 euros  and was wonderimg if ye price match.
    http://www.redmondelectric.ie/christmas-gift-ideas/gifts-for-tv-lovers/55-tv-led-4k-hdr-smart-android-tv-by-sony-kd55xe8596-new-2017-model.html
    I am looking to purchase a sanus blf228 at the same time and was looking for a deal on both together if possible?
    Hi Caution,

I've had a look at that deal and they only include a 1 year warranty. I can do a price on the Sony with the BLF228 at 1193.50 Euro including shipping and a 6 year guarantee.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi Caution,

I've had a look at that deal and they only include a 1 year warranty. I can do a price on the Sony with the BLF228 at 1193.50 Euro including shipping and a 6 year guarantee.

Kind regards

David
    Hi thanks for the reply. I hadn't noticed the warranty difference, thanks. I'm showing my indecisiveness here but would you rate the xe90 to be a much better TV and worth the price difference? So I could compare could you quote a price for the blf228 bracket and the 55xe9005 as a package.

Best regards.

Hi Caution,

Kind regards

David
    Hi thanks for the reply. I hadn't noticed the warranty difference, thanks. I'm showing my indecisiveness here but would you rate the xe90 to be a much better TV and worth the price difference? So I could compare could you quote a price for the blf228 bracket and the 55xe9005 as a package.

Best regards.
    Hi Caution.

The 9005 is one of Sonys' best televisions without going OLED. We have one running here at our store and the picture quality is excellent!
    The 55XE9005 is currently priced at £1199.00 with our 6 year guarantee included free of charge.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202475-bravia-kd55xe9005.aspx

The BLF228 is priced at £199 but i could offer it for £135 along with the Television.

Let me know you thoughts.

Hi Caution.

The 9005 is one of Sonys' best televisions without going OLED. We have one running here at our store and the picture quality is excellent!
    The 55XE9005 is currently priced at £1199.00 with our 6 year guarantee included free of charge.

The BLF228 is priced at £199 but i could offer it for £135 along with the Television.

Hi I know this was a while back but I was finally looking to make a purchase on the 55xe9005 and the blf228 bracket I sent a pm to your self enquiring about a price match on the Sony. Said I'd update this encase PMs might be missed.

Hi Caution.

Hi I know this was a while back but I was finally looking to make a purchase on the 55xe9005 and the blf228 bracket I sent a pm to your self enquiring about a price match on the Sony. Said I'd update this encase PMs might be missed.
    Hi Caution.

Apologies for the delay.

I had been on my days off.

I will check your PM and revert back ASAP.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.