Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slats

• 11-12-2017 12:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭

Lads, I'm building a timber slatted floor in my sheep shed. Whats the recommended distance between slats - would half an inch be about right? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 435 ✭✭stantheman1979

Dont bother wasting you're time and money with timber slats!! Theyll break, they are slippy and are hard cleaned. Get the mesh ones theyre fantastic provided you have the sheep shorn or have short wooled sheep and using precision chopped silage. I hear a lot of fellas raving about the plastic ones also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭arctictree

Dont bother wasting you're time and money with timber slats!! Theyll break, they are slippy and are hard cleaned. Get the mesh ones theyre fantastic provided you have the sheep shorn or have short wooled sheep and using precision chopped silage. I hear a lot of fellas raving about the plastic ones also

I.amgoing to cover with straw so I think I should be alright. It's mainly to stop the soil surface turning into a mucky mess...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

Not hard to replace the slat boards on the wooden slats,mesh get clogged up and mesh starts to sink in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭Lambman

Heard a fella saying mesh was sore on the ewes teats when lying they go through the mesh and cut them? Wreckon plastic is only way till go... have plastic in here in wat was a temporary shed for sheep 4 years ago but it's still a sheep shed.

Advertisement