Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account closure / return of outstanding balance

Options
  • 11-12-2017 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi there,

Following cancelling of our eir service during the summer due to very poor level of broadband service (1 - 2 MBs), we received an email from eir on 16-Oct-17 advising that we are owed €33.06.  We called eir customer service on ~6-Nov-17 to enquire as to how to could get these funds returned to us and was advised to get an indemnity form from the bank.  Went to local bank on 1-Dec-17, the bank advised that we needed to complete a form cancelling the last direct debit to eir as that was the only way to get the refund.  We duly completed the form, the bank called on Monday 4-Dec-17 to advise that eir rejected my request to cancel the last DD to eir on 31-Jul-17 as it was outside the 8 week period.  We are understandably annoyed over this as the email from eir received on 16-Oct-17 notifying of this credit was also outside the 8 week period!  Could someone please advise as to how this credit of €33.06 will be returned to us? 

Trying to call eir but the only number I can find is the 1901 number and that won’t let me through as I don’t have an active account number.  The reason we left eir in the first place was due to very poor broadband service, we have intentions of returning to eir once the broadband service in our area improves but with this standard of customer service, I am no longer sure of returning to eir…………..

Many thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi there,

Following cancelling of our eir service during the summer due to very poor level of broadband service (1 - 2 MBs), we received an email from eir on 16-Oct-17 advising that we are owed €33.06.  We called eir customer service on ~6-Nov-17 to enquire as to how to could get these funds returned to us and was advised to get an indemnity form from the bank.  Went to local bank on 1-Dec-17, the bank advised that we needed to complete a form cancelling the last direct debit to eir as that was the only way to get the refund.  We duly completed the form, the bank called on Monday 4-Dec-17 to advise that eir rejected my request to cancel the last DD to eir on 31-Jul-17 as it was outside the 8 week period.  We are understandably annoyed over this as the email from eir received on 16-Oct-17 notifying of this credit was also outside the 8 week period!  Could someone please advise as to how this credit of €33.06 will be returned to us? 

Trying to call eir but the only number I can find is the 1901 number and that won’t let me through as I don’t have an active account number.  The reason we left eir in the first place was due to very poor broadband service, we have intentions of returning to eir once the broadband service in our area improves but with this standard of customer service, I am no longer sure of returning to eir…………..

Many thanks,
    Hi OldGuysRule,

Sorry to hear about the issues you're having trying to get a refund. Can you PM me your account number from when you were a customer with us and your full name please?

- Adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi there,

Many thanks,
    Hi OldGuysRule, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves. If you PM me your account details, full name on the account and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Hi Tracey,
    Thanks for coming back, I have just sent you a PM with name and account number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Tracey,
    Thanks for coming back, I have just sent you a PM with name and account number
    That's great, thanks.

I'll come back to you through PM's soon. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement