Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a letter

Options
  • 11-12-2017 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

When a registered letter is delivered, does it show the sender details on the envelope?

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

tina1040 wrote: »
    When a registered letter is delivered, does it show the sender details on the envelope?

Not unless they were put there.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

I want to send a standard letter to someone but I don't want my details on it. I thought there might be a sticker on it from the post office.

I sent something before and it showed as attempted delivery but the recipient was on holiday and it got returned to me. I didn't know whether there was a return address on the envelope or it was just that the post office barcode had my details.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I sent something before and it showed as attempted delivery but the recipient was on holiday and it got returned to me. I didn't know whether there was a return address on the envelope or it was just that the post office barcode had my details.

It must have been the barcode, the PO don't put your address on the envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

They don't even ask for your details in the post office when sending reg post so I'm not sure how they got your details.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I want to send a standard letter to someone but I don't want my details on it. I thought there might be a sticker on it from the post office.

You might have supplied a return address, other on the item itself, or at the post office counter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,994 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If there's no return address on the outside of the package they'll open it to see if they can find one.

For the registered letter numerous people outright refuse them and a good excuse is that the person on the letter is on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

It's important to differentiate between registered letters and standard letters. Because registered letters are used for certain items they are only held for three days and then can be returned including opening them. There is a special section that do this. Standard letters are retained for longer and again there is a special section to ascertain the sender

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement