Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waited months, work not done when said, no communication, no update

Options
  • 11-12-2017 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Hi Eircom,

We (a new estate with 40+ people) have been waiting months (some over a year) for the estate to be wired up for Fibre (currently there is no connectivity). During my last communication with Eir, months ago, when I was signing up for Fibre, I was told the works would be done on or before the 12th of December (or maybe it was the 2nd). This was after much previous confusion/misinformation/engineers showing up without being able to complete their works, etc., so I was glad Eir acknowledged things and gave a final date.

However, I have received no communication since. I am unable to get an update when calling in (keep being transferred and the call ends itself after a certain amount of minutes).

All I know is, I personally should have wired broadband by the end of tomorrow, 12th December.

My account number is: <removed>

Can you please give me an update, thanks.

Cheers,
    Cormac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭rat_race

Could I please get a response to this? Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

rat_race wrote: »
    Hi Eircom,

We (a new estate with 40+ people) have been waiting months (some over a year) for the estate to be wired up for Fibre (currently there is no connectivity). During my last communication with Eir, months ago, when I was signing up for Fibre, I was told the works would be done on or before the 12th of December (or maybe it was the 2nd). This was after much previous confusion/misinformation/engineers showing up without being able to complete their works, etc., so I was glad Eir acknowledged things and gave a final date.

However, I have received no communication since. I am unable to get an update when calling in (keep being transferred and the call ends itself after a certain amount of minutes).

All I know is, I personally should have wired broadband by the end of tomorrow, 12th December.

My account number is: <removed>

Can you please give me an update, thanks.

Cheers,
    Cormac
    Hi Cormac,

Can you send me this information in a PM, please? Your account number will automatically be removed from public view for data protection reasons.

- Adam

Adam -- I have sent you several PMs on this, but still received no response. Can you or someone please take action on it? I am waiting 1 month for an answer and the work is now over 1 month late.

Thanks,
    Cormac

Have been on calls, Eir chat all day. Still cannot get through to anyone that will give me any useful information. Please prioritize this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Adam -- I have sent you several PMs on this, but still received no response. Can you or someone please take action on it? I am waiting 1 month for an answer and the work is now over 1 month late.

Thanks,
    Cormac
    Hi rat_race, 

Apologies for the delays in getting back to you, I'm afraid Adam is no longer with us. 

I've requested for your account details to be removed as they are public. 

I've checked your account and can see that your order is awaiting a contractor, the technician was out on the 17/10 and carried out a site survey which determined that you require a new development as there is no eir plant in place.  The forecast date for this work to be done is the 18/02, however, this is not a guaranteed date and can change, unfortunately. 

Apologies for the delays incurred. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 onlinepal100

I feel your pain.

Just this afternoon I had to cancel a fibre connection for which I signed up on 18 November. Should have been an easy job! 

Thanks,
    Cormac
    Hi rat_race, 

Apologies for the delays in getting back to you, I'm afraid Adam is no longer with us. 

I've checked your account and can see that your order is awaiting a contractor, the technician was out on the 17/10 and carried out a site survey which determined that you require a new development as there is no eir plant in place.  The forecast date for this work to be done is the 18/02, however, this is not a guaranteed date and can change, unfortunately. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Thank you for some details.

The date was supposed to be around 3-4 months ago, and then 18th of December. We even just got leaflets to say "fibre is now in your area!", etc.

If the dates can be moved so easily, without any notice or update at all, what's the point in giving them? I was told be several reps, months ago, this would be sorted within weeks. There are around 40 people in this new estate, all without broadband, it is madness.

Regards,
    Cormac

Thanks,
    Cormac
    Hi rat_race, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

The date was supposed to be around 3-4 months ago, and then 18th of December. We even just got leaflets to say "fibre is now in your area!", etc.

If the dates can be moved so easily, without any notice or update at all, what's the point in giving them? I was told be several reps, months ago, this would be sorted within weeks. There are around 40 people in this new estate, all without broadband, it is madness.

Regards,
    Cormac
    I understand your frustrations here. 

The dates in place are forecast dates and are never guaranteed I'm afraid as we are unable to do so due to the amount of work required. A new eir plant has to be planned and organised and this can take some time, unfortunately.

I'm sorry it's not better. 

Thanks

Tracey 

Thanks,
    Cormac
    Hi rat_race, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Regards,
    Cormac

The dates in place are forecast dates and are never guaranteed I'm afraid as we are unable to do so due to the amount of work required. A new eir plant has to be planned and organised and this can take some time, unfortunately.

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Thank you, and I understand you position. However, there is Fiber available all over the whole area, bar here. There is a "cabinet" (or maybe plant as you call it) literally about 15 meters from the entrance of the estate. KN Group vans have been out here several times, done various bits of work.

I have Eir wireless bb. My problem is, my IP keeps changing. This causes me considerable problems with work related tasks. Is there a way you can make my IP static? That would alleviate my problem hugely.

Cheers,
    Cormac

Thanks,
    Cormac
    Hi rat_race, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Regards,
    Cormac

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Thank you, and I understand you position. However, there is Fiber available all over the whole area, bar here. There is a "cabinet" (or maybe plant as you call it) literally about 15 meters from the entrance of the estate. KN Group vans have been out here several times, done various bits of work.

I have Eir wireless bb. My problem is, my IP keeps changing. This causes me considerable problems with work related tasks. Is there a way you can make my IP static? That would alleviate my problem hugely.

Cheers,
    Cormac
    The line connection would need to go ahead and become live before we can give accurate test results for the eFibre service, we are unable to test an inactive line so we are unable to guarantee you the service I'm afraid. The service is subject to availability and individuals to each address. Not all customers can avail of it, unfortunately. 

The eirnet team on 1800 203 204 will be able to arrange a static IP address for you and this should resolve this issue for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Thanks,
    Cormac
    Hi rat_race, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Regards,
    Cormac

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Cheers,
    Cormac
    The line connection would need to go ahead and become live before we can give accurate test results for the eFibre service, we are unable to test an inactive line so we are unable to guarantee you the service I'm afraid. The service is subject to availability and individuals to each address. Not all customers can avail of it, unfortunately. 

The eirnet team on 1800 203 204 will be able to arrange a static IP address for you and this should resolve this issue for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey, 

Unfortunately, a static IP cannot be provided on mobile broadband.

Regards,
    Cormac

Thanks,
    Cormac
    Hi rat_race, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Regards,
    Cormac

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

Cheers,
    Cormac

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey, 

Unfortunately, a static IP cannot be provided on mobile broadband.

Regards,
    Cormac
    I'm sorry to hear this Cormac, I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey

So I got e-mails, texts, and calls from Eir last week, about an installation date on Feb 22nd (great, I thought). On the first call I received, I asked the girl to double check that the work has in fact been done on the estate, as I do not have anymore bandwidth for wasted time or misinformation from Eir. She assured me it was (something on her computer told her so), and that everything was good to go ahead.

On the 21st, KN engineers failed to do any installations on my neighbors' houses (i.e., people who were also told the same story), because...wait for it...the work was not done. There are no wires in the estate yet. Well, there was a Fibre cable, but not even turned on. Besides, we are all getting copper from the cabinet, not Fibre into the home: so we need the copper wires brought it.

I called Eir that same day and again asked a rep to double check all the work was done for myself, and that this will not be another unnecessary day off work for me -- he put me on hold, called someone, and assured me the work was done/complete, and that a survey was done on the 9th of February, confirming everything is good. He didn't seem to find it odd that KN couldn't do installations, nor was he willing to look into it any further. Someone's computer said the work was done, after all.

As usual, on the 22nd, the KN guy called me and said "Look, there's no lines there but I can call over anyway and show you...". He calls over. Lifts up the manhole cover. Same old story. Can you believe that? Who signs off on a survey saying something exists, when it does not exist -- and organises a bunch of installations (calls, emails, texts), and then nothing happens, no information, no explanation.

Eir, how can you be so broken?

So then, I spent almost two hours on the phone on Thursday to a very helpful rep, who himself was struggling to get answers, but in the end it was ultimately fruitless. Neither of us can get any useful information. He said he'd call back on Friday, but didn't. Though, he sincerely tried and I suspect he might get back to me next week -- but I cannot count on it. 

Overall, I have wasted hours on phone calls, web chats, and lost thousands due to taking days off work.

I would like this issue escalated, and to receive some accurate realistic truthful information, from Eir. Please act on this message with urgency.

So I got e-mails, texts, and calls from Eir last week, about an installation date on Feb 22nd (great, I thought). On the first call I received, I asked the girl to double check that the work has in fact been done on the estate, as I do not have anymore bandwidth for wasted time or misinformation from Eir. She assured me it was (something on her computer told her so), and that everything was good to go ahead.

On the 21st, KN engineers failed to do any installations on my neighbors' houses (i.e., people who were also told the same story), because...wait for it...the work was not done. There are no wires in the estate yet. Well, there was a Fibre cable, but not even turned on. Besides, we are all getting copper from the cabinet, not Fibre into the home: so we need the copper wires brought it.

I called Eir that same day and again asked a rep to double check all the work was done for myself, and that this will not be another unnecessary day off work for me -- he put me on hold, called someone, and assured me the work was done/complete, and that a survey was done on the 9th of February, confirming everything is good. He didn't seem to find it odd that KN couldn't do installations, nor was he willing to look into it any further. Someone's computer said the work was done, after all.

As usual, on the 22nd, the KN guy called me and said "Look, there's no lines there but I can call over anyway and show you...". He calls over. Lifts up the manhole cover. Same old story. Can you believe that? Who signs off on a survey saying something exists, when it does not exist -- and organises a bunch of installations (calls, emails, texts), and then nothing happens, no information, no explanation.

So then, I spent almost two hours on the phone on Thursday to a very helpful rep, who himself was struggling to get answers, but in the end it was ultimately fruitless. Neither of us can get any useful information. He said he'd call back on Friday, but didn't. Though, he sincerely tried and I suspect he might get back to me next week -- but I cannot count on it. 

Overall, I have wasted hours on phone calls, web chats, and lost thousands due to taking days off work.

I would like this issue escalated, and to receive some accurate realistic truthful information, from Eir. Please act on this message with urgency.
    Hi Cormac, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your order, I understand this is frustrating. 

I'm afraid as your account details have been removed from the post I no longer have this. Feel free to PM me this and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey  

Hi Cormac, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with your order, I understand this is frustrating. 

I'm afraid as your account details have been removed from the post I no longer have this. Feel free to PM me this and I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey  
    Thanks Tracey -- I just sent you a PM with my a/c details. I would be very grateful if you could try to understand what keeps going wrong, why the information is so wrong (i.e., I'm not looking for a new "installation date" -- as that will be the 5th, and fruitless again).

Hi Cormac, 

Thanks 

Tracey  
    Thanks Tracey -- I just sent you a PM with my a/c details. I would be very grateful if you could try to understand what keeps going wrong, why the information is so wrong (i.e., I'm not looking for a new "installation date" -- as that will be the 5th, and fruitless again).
    No problem at all. 

I'll come back to your PM soon. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Tracey, thanks for coming back to me via PM. But all you gave me is exactly what I said didn't want, another Eir employee saying "the work is done, call this number to arrange an installation date".

The work has NOT been completed, as every KN engineer who has visited here lately will tell you. Whatever system/person/survey suggests the work has been done, is incorrect, and is wasting everybody's time and money. Your "Wholesale" department, is wrong and they need to understand that.

So I am again, asking you to escalate this and stop taking their word for it. Someone needs to take ownership to get the ball rolling. Tell them to call Open Eir and asked for themselves. Tell them to ask themselves the question "hmm, if the work has been done, why was there 15 failed installations last week and still no wired customers?", and see if a light bulb goes off.

This has been going on for five months, with myself, and much longer with others.

I received calls again this morning about arranging another installation date...it's crazy.

I get it that some computer system says it's "done". But it is not, plain and simple. Look up my address, lookup all my neighbors. Not one of us has a wired internet connection, yet there's been dozens of "installs" lately (all failed). And many more are being organised for people (another neighbor is this Friday -- a waste of his day).

I have again had 3 or 4 Eir employees tell me in the last few days over the phone, that the work has been completed. One (whom I mentioned in my earlier post, made an effort and verified that some wires were crossed, mistakes were made, but I've never heard from him since on a solution).

The work is simply not done -- and this is why I need someone to go off script and get upper management to take notice. Stop taking Wholesale's or operations' word for it, and stop following the script. This isn't your typical case. I tried to articulate that already to avoid this nonsense again. You or someone needs to tell Wholesale to escalate & investigate. Call Open Eir...they will tell you that their engineers confirm there are no services here (I just did it myself -- it isn't hard).

So again, I really need someone to stop trying to arrange an installation date and instead hear what I am saying, and look into this issue for me, and to stop simply trying to close the case. 

I have done everything I should, contacted Eir well over 30 times, used boards.ie, webchat (the most useless of them all), e-mails, phones. I have been very clear that I do not need an installation date, it isn't the problem. I cannot make it any clearer. I am contacting the company Eir, providing them, repeatedly, with the adequate information, and they are not understanding the detail and following common sense.

Please respond to this with urgency, but not with a "I called department xyz and they said it's all good to go, call this number for an installation date"; that is exactly what we don't need for the 30th time. It's just making the problem worse.

Tracey, thanks for coming back to me via PM. But all you gave me is exactly what I said didn't want, another Eir employee saying "the work is done, call this number to arrange an installation date".

The work has NOT been completed, as every KN engineer who has visited here lately will tell you. Whatever system/person/survey suggests the work has been done, is incorrect, and is wasting everybody's time and money. Your "Wholesale" department, is wrong and they need to understand that.

So I am again, asking you to escalate this and stop taking their word for it.  Someone needs to take ownership to get the ball rolling. Tell them to call Open Eir and asked for themselves. Tell them to ask themselves the question "hmm, if the work has been done, why was there 15 failed installations last week and still no wired customers?", and see if a light bulb goes off.

This has been going on for five months, with myself, and much longer with others.

I received calls again this morning about arranging another installation date...it's crazy.

I get it that some computer system says it's "done". But it is not, plain and simple. Look up my address, lookup all my neighbors. Not one of us has a wired internet connection, yet there's been dozens of "installs" lately (all failed). And many more are being organised for people (another neighbor is this Friday -- a waste of his day).

I have again had 3 or 4 Eir employees tell me in the last few days over the phone, that the work has been completed. One (whom I mentioned in my earlier post, made an effort and verified that some wires were crossed, mistakes were made, but I've never heard from him since on a solution).

The work is simply not done -- and this is why I need someone to go off script and get upper management to take notice. Stop taking Wholesale's or operations' word for it, and stop following the script. This isn't your typical case. I tried to articulate that already to avoid this nonsense again. You or someone needs to tell Wholesale to escalate & investigate. Call Open Eir...they will tell you that their engineers confirm there are no services here (I just did it myself -- it isn't hard).

So again, I really need someone to stop trying to arrange an installation date and instead hear what I am saying, and look into this issue for me, and to stop simply trying to close the case. 

I have done everything I should, contacted Eir well over 30 times, used boards.ie, webchat (the most useless of them all), e-mails, phones. I have been very clear that I do not need an installation date, it isn't the problem. I cannot make it any clearer. I am contacting the company Eir, providing them, repeatedly, with the adequate information, and they are not understanding the detail and following common sense.

Please respond to this with urgency, but not with a "I called department xyz and they said it's all good to go, call this number for an installation date"; that is exactly what we don't need for the 30th time. It's just making the problem worse.
    I completely understand your frustration here, apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

I've responded to your PM there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

So I am again, asking you to escalate this and stop taking their word for it.  Someone needs to take ownership to get the ball rolling. Tell them to call Open Eir and asked for themselves. Tell them to ask themselves the question "hmm, if the work has been done, why was there 15 failed installations last week and still no wired customers?", and see if a light bulb goes off.

I completely understand your frustration here, apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thank you, Tracey. I know you yourselves can find it very difficult to get answers from different departments (I have friends who work in Eir). So I understand it isn't straightforward for you, either. 

Cheers,
    rat_race

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Thank you, Tracey. I know you yourselves can find it very difficult to get answers from different departments (I have friends who work in Eir). So I understand it isn't straightforward for you, either. 

Cheers,
    rat_race
    Thanks for understanding, I appreciate it. 

I've responded to your PM there and will come back to you with as soon as I have an update. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Thanks 

Tracey 

Cheers,
    rat_race

I've responded to your PM there and will come back to you with as soon as I have an update. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey -- can I get an update, please? 

There's now another installation date due on the 16th: more unpaid leave for a failed installation. I really need an update and for this madness to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Could the problem be something I've just posted about in a reply here?
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057846396/1#post106366977

Fogmatic wrote: »
    Could the problem be something I've just posted about in a reply here?
    https://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057846396/1#post106366977
    No, unrelated.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Cheers,
    rat_race

Thanks 

Tracey 

There's now another installation date due on the 16th: more unpaid leave for a failed installation. I really need an update and for this madness to stop.
    Hi rat_race, 

I have no further updates on this I'm afraid. 

The order in place is for a new eir plant to be built as it's a new development and this will require technicians to call out to you more than once to assess the situation and to proceed with work. 

Apologies again for all delays incurred. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Cheers,
    rat_race

Thanks 

Tracey 

Hi rat_race, 

I have no further updates on this I'm afraid. 

The order in place is for a new eir plant to be built as it's a new development and this will require technicians to call out to you more than once to assess the situation and to proceed with work. 

Apologies again for all delays incurred. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey: no new eir plant is to be built, I am informed. Can you please tell me from whom you are getting that information?

Also, there is a cabinet meters away. Wholesale says the work has already been 100% completed (please read this thread -- that detail is crucial). 

The engineers are calling out to me to bring the cable into my house (normal broadband installation), it is not to assess the situation of the estate. They have called to myself and my neighbours, dozens of times. All they do is say they cannot do the installation as they have been sent here in error.

Waiting for an update from Wholesale is not the solution. Wholesale will not give you an update to a problem they incorrectly think does not exist. That is the underlying theme I keep telling you here.

If you will or can not look into this matter properly, please tell me straight up so I can stop wasting my time here.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

I thought my frustrating sagas when I was with Eircom were pretty bad, until I read yours!  (I was almost hoping it was down to the eircode problem, which would at least have given some kind of certainty)

Have you tried any non-eir forums (e.g. Nets & Comms or Ireland Offline)?

Hi Tracey -- would you mind answering the following:

- Where are you getting information to say that "a new Eir plant" must be built? This contradicts everything every other Eir employees told me.

- If indeed there is work to be done why anytime I call customer care, are they saying that all the work on bringing service into the estate is complete (and that there have been surveys to suggest this), and that my broadband installation will go ahead without issue?

- If there are works to be completed, can you tell me the estimated completion date and some sort of works reference number? This is very important.

I have another broadband installation date due for the 16th. I have been onto Eir 5 or 6 times over the last 2 days about cancelling it as it will fail. They assure me the work on the estate is done and it'll be fine -- just want to get off the phone and handle the easy cases (the exact same rubbish again). 

I will send yet another message here on the 16th saying it failed because there are no services in the estate, and the ridiculous cycle of time and money wasting will continue. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭eir: Tony

- Where are you getting information to say that "a new Eir plant" must be built? This contradicts everything every other Eir employees told me.

- If indeed there is work to be done why anytime I call customer care, are they saying that all the work on bringing service into the estate is complete (and that there have been surveys to suggest this), and that my broadband installation will go ahead without issue?

- If there are works to be completed, can you tell me the estimated completion date and some sort of works reference number? This is very important.

I have another broadband installation date due for the 16th. I have been onto Eir 5 or 6 times over the last 2 days about cancelling it as it will fail. They assure me the work on the estate is done and it'll be fine -- just want to get off the phone and handle the easy cases (the exact same rubbish again). 

I will send yet another message here on the 16th saying it failed because there are no services in the estate, and the ridiculous cycle of time and money wasting will continue. 
    Hi rat-race
    we have offered your details and case history to our network team in action to ensure that new installation date goes ahead as advised. I am not sure why you have been offered different versions but have pushed again for full update. I should have more info by Monday...
    Tony

eir: Tony wrote: »

Hi rat-race
    we have offered your details and case history to our network team in action to ensure that new installation date goes ahead as advised. I am not sure why you have been offered different versions but have pushed again for full update. I should have more info by Monday...
    Tony
    Thanks Tony. Again again, I know that you reps have a hard time getting information yourselves from various departments. My criticism is towards Eir, not anyone here or in customer care.

• Advertisement

Hi Tony / Tracey: would you have an update on this, and an answer to some of my questions? Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
    Cormac

Advertisement