Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waited months, work not done when said, no communication, no update

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

recyclops wrote: »
    viperlogic wrote: »
    I'm going through the exact same in my new estate for 20 weeks now. Its nearly word for word the same. The latest in my saga is KN keep getting booked to come out to terminate copper yet its only fibre in our estate. Have seen it for myself when KN lifted the manhole again today. Told Eir CC and bookings team to update their system etc but nah, get a phone call again that its all resolved and theres a new booking. Just like you, take time off work, KN rock up and here we go again!!

Hi viper, where are you based? I know myself and rat race are based in North Wicklow although in different areas.

Sadly I am nearly 500 days, yep a year and a half with absolutely no service or even a glimmer of hope.

Cork City suburb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

so its a country wide problem with the exact same excuses, lies and time wasting by EIR

insane

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭rat_race

200+ days here. Have to do the math to be sure. Massive incompetence, even if they'd get off their incompetence thrones to say "no chance, you'll be waiting months / years and where's why", I'd have some respect / time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

rat_race wrote: »
    200+ days here. Have to do the math to be sure. Massive incompetence, even if they'd get off their incompetence thrones to say "no chance, you'll be waiting months / years and where's why", I'd have some respect / time.
    Exactly thats it instead of this stringing along and nothingness, least then it would give me an option of checking other avenues.

its built a growing disdain for the company who quite clearly have absolutely no respect for the people they "service"

So, it would appear that FTTH is finally here.

I have signed up for it, and have a new installation date. I was told in the e-mail to login to My eir, etc., for eir sports, etc.

When I login, nothing works. If I click dashboard, or anything, a loading popup appears and the page stalls. Also, I'm repeatedly asked for my password (it's correct, and I am already "logged in" when this occurs).

I mentioned this last week via online chat, and was told it'd be sorted in 24-48 hours, yet it isn't.

Eir, can you please fix this. I am about to be paying way more than I ever intended to for simple wired broadband (I'm 1 person, I do not need or want FTTH), having been screwed around for almost a year (promised normal broadband), giving me more issues now with the login is comical.

I would appreciate some credit or the FTTH installation fee to be waived, given the amount of time and money lost on my side over the last 10 months due to time off work, paying a fortune for mobile data (tethering), and expecting an internet connection that never came.

I will provide my new and old account numbers whenever requested.

• Advertisement

Any chance on a reply, eir? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

rat_race wrote: »
    So, it would appear that FTTH is finally here.

I have signed up for it, and have a new installation date. I was told in the e-mail to login to My eir, etc., for eir sports, etc.

When I login, nothing works. If I click dashboard, or anything, a loading popup appears and the page stalls. Also, I'm repeatedly asked for my password (it's correct, and I am already "logged in" when this occurs).

I mentioned this last week via online chat, and was told it'd be sorted in 24-48 hours, yet it isn't.

Eir, can you please fix this. I am about to be paying way more than I ever intended to for simple wired broadband (I'm 1 person, I do not need or want FTTH), having been screwed around for almost a year (promised normal broadband), giving me more issues now with the login is comical.

I would appreciate some credit or the FTTH installation fee to be waived, given the amount of time and money lost on my side over the last 10 months due to time off work, paying a fortune for mobile data (tethering), and expecting an internet connection that never came.

I will provide my new and old account numbers whenever requested.
    Hi there, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

I'm glad to hear your FTTH service is ordered now. 

Feel free to PM me your account numbers, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll have a look into your queries for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement