Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forecast Date Missed - Revised by Two Months

Options
  • 11-12-2017 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

My original forecast connection date was for the 8th December, some four weeks from my initial survey. This date passed on Friday and I am now being told it will be the 8th February before we are connected. Surely this can't be right? We have no TV / Broadband / Phone at all and now have no prospects of anything until at least February next year? Is there anything can be done about this, please? 

Account number: <snip>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

collybyrne wrote: »
    My original forecast connection date was for the 8th December, some four weeks from my initial survey. This date passed on Friday and I am now being told it will be the 8th February before we are connected. Surely this can't be right? We have no TV / Broadband / Phone at all and now have no prospects of anything until at least February next year? Is there anything can be done about this, please? 

Account number: <snip>
    Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid we can't move forecast dates forward and they are subject to change. Usually when a forecast is pushed back by a couple of months the work that is required to be carried out is substantial. I'm afraid we are unable to do anything to get this work done earlier.

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience caused by this.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭collybyrne

Just received word that my date has been pushed back by a further two months to the 9th April. Please there must be something you can do? We will have been six months waiting for a connection and that's assuming they don't just push it back another 2 months in April. 

We don't get reception for mobile broadband and have no television aerial or dish. We are depending on Eircom for everything. There has to be some way of accelerating this?

The KN Networks crew have been working on our road for weeks now and they use a yard literally right beside my house to park their trucks in the evening. Could someone just let them know that there is a house waiting on a pole right beside where they park and they could do it while they're there? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Just received word that my date has been pushed back by a further two months to the 9th April. Please there must be something you can do? We will have been six months waiting for a connection and that's assuming they don't just push it back another 2 months in April. 

We don't get reception for mobile broadband and have no television aerial or dish. We are depending on Eircom for everything. There has to be some way of accelerating this?

The KN Networks crew have been working on our road for weeks now and they use a yard literally right beside my house to park their trucks in the evening. Could someone just let them know that there is a house waiting on a pole right beside where they park and they could do it while they're there? 
    Hi collybyrne, 

I understand your frustration here, however, we are unable to push forecast dates. They are not guaranteed dates and can change I'm afraid. 

The delay is due to the extra underground cabling and pole work needed, this can take some time and unfortunately, we wouldn't have any definite timeframes at present. 

Apologies for the delays incurred. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Another month passed and still nothing. Can you please provide some kind of an update or let us know you are at least trying to get this done for us. We are 6 months waiting on a connection now. This can't be right? Surely there must be some kind of maximum time limit you can leave people waiting? 

Another month passed and still nothing. Can you please provide some kind of an update or let us know you are at least trying to get this done for us. We are 6 months waiting on a connection now. This can't be right? Surely there must be some kind of maximum time limit you can leave people waiting? 
    Hi there, 

Unfortunately, there is no further update on this, the forecast date is still set at the 9/04. The order is awaiting a contractor at present for the extra work required. This is being worked on. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Tracey, Is there a maximum length of time someone can be left waiting on a connection? 

Tracey, Is there a maximum length of time someone can be left waiting on a connection? 
    There wouldn't be a maximum timeframe, it depends on the work involved at the premises and would work on a case by case basis. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Forecast date of the 9th of April was missed again. I rang on the 10th and was told it would be done by Friday 13th. No one came on Friday. I rang Friday at 4pm and the girl I spoke to said that a report hadn't been submitted yet and could I ring back Monday. I rang back this morning and was told there was no update. Can someone here please look into this for me and let me know what's going on?  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Forecast date of the 9th of April was missed again. I rang on the 10th and was told it would be done by Friday 13th. No one came on Friday. I rang Friday at 4pm and the girl I spoke to said that a report hadn't been submitted yet and could I ring back Monday. I rang back this morning and was told there was no update. Can someone here please look into this for me and let me know what's going on?  
    Put this all in an email to comreg consumerline@comreg.ie. There isn't much comreg can do but its good to let the regulator know how badly Eir are prepared to mess people about.

Thanks. I've had two complaints in with Comreg already, they said to get back to them if Eir missed the April 9th forecast date. When I rang Eir last week and they said it would be done by Friday i said I'd hold off on getting back on to Comreg. I'll see what the update is before I go lodging another complaint. 

• Advertisement

Thanks. I've had two complaints in with Comreg already, they said to get back to them if Eir missed the April 9th forecast date. When I rang Eir last week and they said it would be done by Friday i said I'd hold off on getting back on to Comreg. I'll see what the update is before I go lodging another complaint. 
    Hi collybyrne, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the delays you are experiencing with your order. 

If you PM me your account number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement