Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New customer woes

Options
  • 11-12-2017 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I joined Eir online a couple of weeks ago, and as seems to be the normal it has not been smooth.

I requested installation to happen on December 5th, and was notified online that I would hear before it was changed over.  The first word I got was a text from the courier company to inform me that my modem was to be delivered, followed by a text from Eir that my line was now active. This took place one week ahead of the date I requested.  Once I installed the modem my broadband became active with no issues on Tuesday 28th November.  On Thursday evening I had no service, and spent quite some time trying to correct the issue at home. On Friday morning I rang and logged a fault, to be told technicians would look at it and it would take 2-3 working days.  I explained that I was reliant on my service for the weekend as I was working from home, but was told nothing could be done to speed up my resolution.  My service was eventually restored on Tuesday December 5th.

In the course of this, I lost vital time working from home which seemed to be of no concern to the person I spoke to on the phone.  I am absolutely skeptical as to Eir's ability to provide a satisfactory service, but will admit since it went live last Tuesday it has performed sufficiently.  My biggest concern is that I have lost almost half of a narrow cooling off period, in which I am supposed to assess your service before ending up tied in for 12 months.

Can I request that you review and address the following points before you revert to me:

1. Cooling Off period - I would like this extended by 1 week to allow me accurately assess the level of service provided by you.  Of my contracted 14 day cooling off period I had no service for almost a week, and want the maximum time available to me.
    2. One weeks credit to my account - as stated I was without service for 1 week, so would like to see a reduction in my bill to compensate
    3. Incentive offer - I signed up for the cashback offer, but have received an email about the free tablet. I have no interest in the tablet, and would like to have the €50 cashback applied to my account to replace the tablet offer.

Regards

Ruth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ruthy_2504

Is there any reason why Eir reps are responding to numerous posts that were posted after mine??  Really not doing yourselves any favours here guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

ruthy_2504 wrote: »
    I joined Eir online a couple of weeks ago, and as seems to be the normal it has not been smooth.

I requested installation to happen on December 5th, and was notified online that I would hear before it was changed over.  The first word I got was a text from the courier company to inform me that my modem was to be delivered, followed by a text from Eir that my line was now active. This took place one week ahead of the date I requested.  Once I installed the modem my broadband became active with no issues on Tuesday 28th November.  On Thursday evening I had no service, and spent quite some time trying to correct the issue at home. On Friday morning I rang and logged a fault, to be told technicians would look at it and it would take 2-3 working days.  I explained that I was reliant on my service for the weekend as I was working from home, but was told nothing could be done to speed up my resolution.  My service was eventually restored on Tuesday December 5th.

In the course of this, I lost vital time working from home which seemed to be of no concern to the person I spoke to on the phone.  I am absolutely skeptical as to Eir's ability to provide a satisfactory service, but will admit since it went live last Tuesday it has performed sufficiently.  My biggest concern is that I have lost almost half of a narrow cooling off period, in which I am supposed to assess your service before ending up tied in for 12 months.

Can I request that you review and address the following points before you revert to me:

1. Cooling Off period - I would like this extended by 1 week to allow me accurately assess the level of service provided by you.  Of my contracted 14 day cooling off period I had no service for almost a week, and want the maximum time available to me.
    2. One weeks credit to my account - as stated I was without service for 1 week, so would like to see a reduction in my bill to compensate
    3. Incentive offer - I signed up for the cashback offer, but have received an email about the free tablet. I have no interest in the tablet, and would like to have the €50 cashback applied to my account to replace the tablet offer.

Regards

Ruth
    Hi Ruth,

Sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your account. I'm afraid we won't be able to extend your cooling off period, however, we don't expect you to pay for services while they were down so, if you PM me your account number and full name I'll be more than happy to credit your account for the downtime.

You will receive an email to claim your tablet when you're out of your cooling off period, it can take 30 days in total to receive this.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ruthy_2504

Folks,

I need to talk to someone on my issue, and Adam has not been online since before Christmas.  Will you please advise who I ought to PM?

Thanks

Ruth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

ruthy_2504 wrote: »
    Folks,

I need to talk to someone on my issue, and Adam has not been online since before Christmas.  Will you please advise who I ought to PM?

Thanks

Ruth
    Hi ruthy_2504,

Unfortunately, Adam is no longer with us, feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks

Tracey

Advertisement