Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lidl/Dunnes twelve days of Christmas 12th 23rd of December!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Local Tesco having been doing 24 packs of beer for €20 past week and a bit - Carlsberg etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Not 12 days of Christmas but worth to keep an eye out for!
    25348767_1917415258271989_4366096244713756409_n.png?oh=f72c7a2c8de8ad5e7941b40d72949654&oe=5ACC760D

Once paid 7 euros at 3 Arena for small glass :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Once paid 7 euros at 3 Arena for small glass :o

Did you get anything other than air in it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

vicwatson wrote: »
    ALDI suck at the moment, no deals, no vouchers - interesting to see ratings in kandar in January

Have to agree with this. We usually do our weekly shop there but haven't gone in in 6 weeks. Too many offers elsewhere

Have to agree with this. We usually do our weekly shop there but haven't gone in in 6 weeks. Too many offers elsewhere

Dont get too cocky Aldi;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,849 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

25395997_1919210501425798_2503575217995705304_n.jpg?oh=78da3318337e78a2709888b529be5c6a&oe=5AD7B6FE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Oh those favorina chocolatey biscuits looks great (and very like the &S ones) - has anyone tried them.

That's like 1kg of chocolate biccies for less than €4.50 :eek::eek:

Oh those favorina chocolatey biscuits looks great (and very like the &S ones) - has anyone tried them.

I find things like this can be hit and miss depending on the supplier they are using!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Sunday 17th in Dunnes

dunnes-12-days-m1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

fritzelly wrote: »
    Local Tesco having been doing 24 packs of beer for €20 past week and a bit - Carlsberg etc

Local Lidl doing the same offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Snow Crash

I've only tried the big box of Favorina Chocolate Gingerbread Hearts, Pretzels & Stars (500g). They where really nice quality for the price of €2.49 so I'm gonna pick up another 4 boxes next time I'm in Lidl's for Christmas. I preferred the milk choc ones to the dark choc versions though:)

2297f-upload_-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Sunday 17th in Dunnes

dunnes-12-days-m1.jpg

Get 10 kg for a fiver most shops these days, not that much of a deal, haven't paid more than 7 for rosters in years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Dunnes 12 days have been absolutely pathetic this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

What happened to their half priced Hagen daz ice cream tubs? Used to be a deal every year ☹

Snow Crash wrote: »
    I've only tried the big box of Favorina Chocolate Gingerbread Hearts, Pretzels & Stars (500g). They where really nice quality for the price of €2.49 so I'm gonna pick up another 4 boxes next time I'm in Lidl's for Christmas. I preferred the milk choc ones to the dark choc versions though:)

What day are these on?

vicwatson wrote: »
    What day are these on?
    I think they where in the leaflet one or two weeks ago so I think they will stay at €2.49 until stocks run out. There was plenty on the shelves the last 2 times I've shopped in Lidl's. You get 18 fairly big gingerbreads in the box...
    708e5-upload_-1.jpg

I think they where in the leaflet one or two weeks ago so I think they will stay at €2.49 until stocks run out. There was plenty on the shelves the last 2 times I've shopped in Lidl's. You get 18 fairly big gingerbreads in the box...

Oh, so not part of the thread title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭matchthis

Picked up the romantica in Dunne's for €4. Thought the offer were just for that day, but looks to be stay probably for the 12 days offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Snow Crash wrote:

Are they crunchy or soft?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,079 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

708e5-upload_-1.jpg

Cursory glance at that photo is not appealing :pac:

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Mondays offer is king crisps 20 box, €2.49.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

The staff at Lidl Marlay are automatically discounting a tenner off any shops over 50 euro this evening.

25442858_1920333217980193_4686551684668668241_n.png?oh=026bd9525331fd0333e4a6eae3e13706&oe=5AB97163

Somebody said they wanted healthy.
    dunnes-12-days-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

the corpo wrote: »
    The staff at Lidl Marlay are automatically discounting a tenner off any shops over 50 euro this evening.
    Assume that is local only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭the corpo

I would say so, as the staff in Stillorgan didn't offer me the same discount when I'd already shopped there this afternoon! Argh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Rashers72 wrote: »
    Yeah it's part of their reopening. They have been doing 10 off 50 spends for three weeks, next week is the last.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Yeah it's part of their reopening. They have been doing 10 off 50 spends for three weeks, next week is the last.
    Do you know if that includes alcohol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,726 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

25442858_1920333217980193_4686551684668668241_n.png?oh=026bd9525331fd0333e4a6eae3e13706&oe=5AB97163

After stocking up on their taytos a few days ago I'm not sure I can handle another box of crisps lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Do you know if that includes alcohol?
    No it doesn't.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

After stocking up on their taytos a few days ago I'm not sure I can handle another box of crisps lol

I don’t normally buy king boxes of crisps but I’m actually tempted to get this now at this price and I really shouldnt either seeing as I already have tayto and walkers boxes.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Are they crunchy or soft?
    Soft.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I just saw two ladies and a child come out of local Lidl together, the ladies carrying 6 red boxes each and the child 2 boxes. I had to come in here to see what today's offer was! Also another separate lady carrying 3 boxes. Wtf do people.do with that many crisps?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

miamee wrote: »
    I just saw two ladies and a child come out of local Lidl together, the ladies carrying 6 red boxes each and the child 2 boxes. I had to come in here to see what today's offer was! Also another separate lady carrying 3 boxes. Wtf do people.do with that many crisps?!

We give them as gifts to neighbours children for xmas. They love them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Indestructable

Crisp sandwiches aaaallll through Christmas

School bazaars etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭matchthis

Probably tayto employees taking out the competition

It's very easy to eat 2/3 packets of crisps in an evening and you might have a few in your family/guests and it's very easy to get trough a box of crisps. Plus you generally have a few months to eat them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It's very easy to eat 2/3 packets of crisps in an evening and you might have a few in your family/guests and it's very easy to get trough a box of crisps. Plus you generally have a few months to eat them.

Ah I love a bag of King crisps myself but they were buying 280 bags. As you say, maybe lots of guests epxpected or a party planned. They don't be long disappearing when they are out in bowls at a party :D

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

matchthis wrote: »
    Tayto own King

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

matchthis wrote: »

As a previous poster said Tayto own the King Brand, have done since the 90s at least, probably 80s.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

As a previous poster said Tayto own the King Brand, have done since the 90s at least, probably 80s.

Largo foods own both of them. Bought them in 2006..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

rafatoni wrote: »

Yes, I didn't want to go into the out and out specifics but "in the trade" they're still referred to as Tayto, not Largo. The Tayto brand name is the jewel in the crown.... it's for that reason it's Tayto Park and not Largo Park. :pac::);)

Tayto own King

And Intersnack from Germany now own the lot except the park

https://fora.ie/ray-coyle-tayto-crisps-resigns-3304267-Mar2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Sell them on adverts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,920 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It's very easy to eat 2/3 packets of crisps in an evening

Two to three bags of crisps an evening? :eek::eek::eek: I wouldn't eat two or three bags of crisps in a year!

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Two to three bags of crisps an evening? :eek::eek::eek: I wouldn't eat two or three bags of crisps in a year!

Most people I know who'd be in crisps would easily do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Most people I know who'd be in crisps would easily do it!

They are only 25g bags too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Lidl have tins of afternoon tea and elite chocolate kimberley for 6.99 tomorrow

• Advertisement

25550208_1921031037910411_5260950552391824232_n.jpg?oh=3f33b3007a6f3766cbaec08ce6a57be9&oe=5AB857CD

Advertisement