Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€550 credit back from Electric Ireland: worth changing?

Options
  • 11-12-2017 3:06pm

Electric Ireland, under the Energy Efficiency Incentive, give €400 credit off your bill back if you go with them after doing your External Insulation and a further €150 credit after doing your Gas/Oil Boiler with Heating Controls Upgrade.

I've done both now but all I read about Electric Ireland is how high their bills are. Would it work out cheaper to go with them for this €550, or is it still cheaper to go with a competitor like Energia?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Don't trust "all you read", compare the actual rates on bonkers.ie / switcher.ie between operators as no operator is always cheapest for everyone.

They are nowhere near the dearest on the market.

As goes that incentive, the work has to be done by specific installers. I got the boiler + powerflush credits a few months ago, haven't used it all yet but annoyingly it only applied to one of the two bills (electricity and gas both with them).

Advertisement