Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charter

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Well in some cases, one account was last active on the same day as the new account was set up, but that was disregarded and the 50 post rule was ignored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you have a complaint and believe that someone was dual accounting, then report it. The point has been made sufficiently in this thread IMO.

My apologies, I didn't realise discussing breaches against charter was off topic in a discussion about the actual charter.

There is continued discussion of one particular incident. I believe this charter discussion would benefit far more from a general discussion on how the 50 post / 3 month rule could be improved upon or adjusted.

'm not sure there's any real benefit to the 3 month rule.

I personally can see both sides of the 50 post rule - it does keep one post wonders and newly regged posters who may have dubious motives from posting. On the other hand, it keeps genuinely interested parties from posting. The question is, which side does this forum value more?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

If bloggers want the right to reply, I have zero issue with them coming on here. The 3 month/50 post rule does act as a deterrent possibly, to them and others from just coming in, slagging us all off and then leaving with zero productive comments in the forum. Lets face it, they can easily screenshot anything said here and then use their own social media with huge followings, to reply, which then in turn gives us no right to reply to them.

There does seem to be a lot of opinions in this thread from people who have never interacted with anyone or contributed to the discussion at all, which I am finding a little frustrating. If you want to change the way the forum is run or the topics, then bloody engage and take part.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Lindy97 wrote: »
    If bloggers want the right to reply, I have zero issue with them coming on here. The 3 month/50 post rule does act as a deterrent possibly, to them and others from just coming in, slagging us all off and then leaving with zero productive comments in the forum. Lets face it, they can easily screenshot anything said here and then use their own social media with huge followings, to reply, which then in turn gives us no right to reply to them.

There does seem to be a lot of opinions in this thread from people who have never interacted with anyone or contributed to the discussion at all, which I am finding a little frustrating. If you want to change the way the forum is run or the topics, then bloody engage and take part.

I have an interest in blogging and social media that doesn't extend to the influencer bloggerati.

Am I obliged to engage in discussion about Pippa's latest branded scented make-up brushes so that I may be considered eligible for an opinion?

and yes, before the usual suggestion and auto-thanks, I am aware the obvious solution is to 'start threads' but I doubt the types of threads I'd be interested in would be of any interest to the current regulars. Being realistic, enticing new posters to a forum is a tough call even when it has the support of the regulars.

Back to the forum charter;

I'm not sure whether the horizons of the Social Media & Blogging forum can be broadened via a new forum charter or whether it is destined to become the de facto Bloggerati forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Graham wrote: »
    I have an interest in blogging and social media that doesn't extend to the influencer bloggerati.

Am I obliged to engage in discussion about Pippa's latest branded scented make-up brushes so that I may be considered eligible for an opinion?

and yes, before the usual suggestion and auto-thanks, I am aware the obvious solution is to 'start threads' but I doubt the types of threads I'd be interested in would be of any interest to the current regulars. Being realistic, enticing new posters to a forum is a tough call even when it has the support of the regulars.

I'm not sure whether the horizons of the Social Media & Blogging forum can be broadened via a new forum charter or whether it is destined to become the de facto Bloggerati forum.

I genuinely don’t mean this from a bad place but you do realise that’s exactly why this forum was set up? So we could discuss bloggers/their content/the rights and wrongs of blogging.

I think Graham has a good point that goes to the heart of the matter here. I think if that question could be answered, it would help a huge amount.

Is this a forum for bloggers and blog readers (and all blogging topics) or is it a forum to discuss a vey small subset of bloggers (aka the fashion, beauty, lifestyle influencer type person)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

dudara wrote: »
    I think Graham has a good point that goes to the heart of the matter here. I think if that question could be answered, it would help a huge amount.

Is this a forum for bloggers and blog readers (and all blogging topics) or is it a forum to discuss a vey small subset of bloggers (aka the fashion, beauty, lifestyle influencer type person)?

It's what you want it to be. Users should take initiative however and start threads on their interests if the forum as it is now is not to their particular taste. If I feel a forum is lacking something I'll assert my voice in an active way and start a thread. If no one is interested sure look, but at least I've tried and did something other than nothing and moan about all and sundry.
    How can you tell if no one interested in what you're interested in if you've not given people a chance?
    I think if your interest lies in a particular field then you should start a thread about it, you cant expect everyone to do the work for you and instead moan about the forum as it exists now.
    Anything other than that just comes across as shlt stirring, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

It is of course a place to discuss all types of bloggers but complaining that no on wants to discuss your subject while not starting a thread to do so is a little ridiculous tbh.

It's not the regular posters fault that we arent interested in graham's subject.
    Start a thread, see what happens.... No one is stopping him.
    We (meaning regular posters) certainly won't be going into his thread making snide comments and trying to derail it!
    If it doesn't take off then at least he tried.

You never know perhaps some regulars might find their interests broadened too and that's a win win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭noaddedsugar

This is pretty much how I feel too. I blog, I have social media pages so I am interested in the blogging process, what makes social media successful etc. I am not interested in the Irish blogging set that a lot seem so obsessed with here, I missed the start of this whole 'influencer' trend though and am fascinated by the whole thing. How did these 'influencers' get so many people talking about them? A lot of the posters here are obsessed by them despite the fact they profess to hate them. It's very interesting to watch.

On the whole I don't have much to say on it though but feel when I do say something it is seen as stirring because I am not a 'regular'. Posts that don't revolve around those people don't get any interest so I am not sure it is worth posting anything else here. I'll still lurk though, maybe someday I will figure out what is so fascinating about someone who sits on her couch all day :pac:

On the whole I don't have much to say on it though but feel when I do say something it is seen as stirring because I am not a 'regular'.
    Posts that don't revolve around those people don't get any interest so I am not sure it is worth posting anything else here.

That's up to yourself but don't blame people who do take part in the forum because you choose not to.

I'll still lurk though, maybe someday I will figure out what is so fascinating about someone who sits on her couch all day :pac:

This is why people see you as stirring. Nothing to do with not being a regular.
    It's because you arrive in with your nasty little digs for no apparent reason.

A lot of the posters here are obsessed by them despite the fact they profess to hate them. It's very interesting to watch.

I'll still lurk though, maybe someday I will figure out what is so fascinating about someone who sits on her couch all day :pac:
    :D do you wanna be the pot or the kettle?

That's up to yourself but don't blame people who do take part in the forum because you choose not to.

I'm not blaming anyone for anything, jeez defensive or what.

This is why people see you as stirring. Nothing to do with not being a regular.
    It's because you arrive in with your nasty little digs for no apparent reason.

I'm not stirring, like I said I find it intriguing. People like FBG have thousands and thousands of followers, she must be doing something right to keep them hanging around, following her on every social media channel, talking on social media. I'd like to know what it is. Again you are very defensive, it seems to be a common theme here. We all have our frivolities, I watch Neighbours religiously, some people follow the every move of bloggers, I'm not judging. As a person who is trying to build their social media following of course I am interested in what makes people do this. Although I target a different audience I figure there must be some common themes.

I have spent about 5 hours today so far writing, photographing, editing for a blog post. I will spend at least another hour this evening on social media promoting. I have had to work damn hard for the followers that I have, people like FBG fart and people can't stop talking about it, it would be weird if I didn't want to know why that is.

I'm not blaming anyone for anything, jeez defensive or what......

I'm not stirring, like I said I find it intriguing......
    Again you are very defensive, it seems to be a common theme here.... .

I'm not defensive but the way you word things is rude. You want to know why people are interested... Ask them!
    Don't come on here making snide and derogatory comments and then call people defensive when they don't accept being spoken about like that.

I'm not defensive but the way you word things is rude. You want to know why people are interested... Ask them!
    Don't come on here making snide and derogatory comments and then call people defensive when they don't accept being spoken about like that.

Well you sure sound defensive :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I'm sorry but some of these suggestions are full of contradictions.

Other types of blogging discussion are of course welcome, I recall someone (Anna possibly?) starting a thread recently enough about food blogging and looking for recommendations on who to follow.

I myself started one on UK lifestyle bloggers. Both of those threads had a few replies and then kind of died a death.. Because the forum at large isn't really interested in those topics at the moment. And that's ok.
    Because you can't force people to be interested. But you also can't complain because they're talking about the things that DO interest them.

From what I can gather, some people are complaining about it being an echo chamber of the same people posting all the time. It turns out these people don't even care about the type of blogging we are all discussing and are actually interested in a different type, but won't start threads... Wtf?

Well you sure sound defensive :p

Interesting how you're only interested in making smart comments and won't address any of the other points made to you such as creating a thread if you want to discuss something, ask people if you want to know why they follow certain bloggers and so on.

That's probably too much effort though.....much easier to be passive aggressive knowing mods will let you get away with it.

Interesting how you're only interested in making smart comments and won't address any of the other points made to you such as creating a thread if you want to discuss something, ask people if you want to know why they follow certain bloggers and so on.

That's probably too much effort though.....much easier to be passive aggressive knowing mods will let you get away with it.

I mentioned already why I don't start threads perhaps you missed that? I know also why posters here say they follow people like FBG, because they used to like her content.

You have insinuated that I am rude, passive aggressive, snide and making derogatory comments(what were those derogatory comments btw?), all of your insinuations from me saying I'll figure out why some people find someone sitting on their couch fascinating. Yeah, it's me with the problem :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

This is pretty much how I feel too. I blog, I have social media pages so I am interested in the blogging process, what makes social media successful etc. I am not interested in the Irish blogging set that a lot seem so obsessed with here, I missed the start of this whole 'influencer' trend though and am fascinated by the whole thing.
    Just so you know, I am too. not every poster in this forum is interested in influencers. I follow many other types of bloggers but to be honest I don't really have much to say about them hence, I haven't created any threads about them (not much of a thread starter either). So there are more of us out there. If you read back in my earlier posts in this thread, I've also talked about mu hope for other types of threads to grow and there has been. It's slow but I reckon it'll eventually pick up. Like I said I don't think many people know this forum exists - I didn't and I followed it from F&A to Wikis forums.

The admins have built it and eventually people will come and be directed here.

I would like to see both - all types of bloggers. I know you're a food blogger and I've been meaning to check that out (food blogging, not stalking you!). I'm also very interested in the tech side of things. I myself blog (which I didn't cop on till recently even though I've been doing it years) but it's in a very different vein than the beauty / lifestyle bloggers. Mine is more to do with tech and events I run but I also use most of the different types of social media - blogging, FB, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Slack groups etc.. so maybe I'll start posting about similar types of blogging down the line. I know there's more of us out there.

Charter for me:
    • 50 posts / 3 months
    • General Megathread for posters who don't meet the requirements but who can somewhat participate if they've a question
    • All types of blogging (food, travel, lifestyle, beauty, tech, language etc...)
    • All types of social media platforms
    • Rule: a ban on "if you don't like them then unfollow"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Emmser

I mentioned already why I don't start threads perhaps you missed that? I know also why posters here say they follow people like FBG, because they used to like her content.

You have insinuated that I am rude, passive aggressive, snide and making derogatory comments(what were those derogatory comments btw?), all of your insinuations from me saying I'll figure out why some people find someone sitting on their couch fascinating. Yeah, it's me with the problem :rolleyes:

Haven't really posted on this thread but to answer why those bloggers have all the followers: I think it's personality and their interests. If you're working so hard to promote your blog perhaps it's because your interest isn't poplular and there's nothing wrong with that, it's probably the same reason you don't see it talked about here. Or else if it's you, selling your product, maybe you need to look at how you're coming across.

On a side note, I personally didn't like your comment on us being obsessed. I found it sharp and offensive. However, I'm willing to look past this to offer some advice.

I'm coming from experience having had a Facebook page that was gaining 500 plus followers weekly and to be honest I wasn't doing a massive amount to promote it, just good pictures and content. It was a popular subject at the time but alas I cancelled the page as I did feel the pressure of having to 'entertain' my audienice. It was a home improvements page three years ago.

If you're blogging for a hobby, like I was, stick with it. Who cares if you don't have a massive audience. If it's for a business, then I suggest contacting your local enterprise board, they run fabulous workshops on social media promotion etc. My aunt actually gives them in some parts of the country!!

Emmser wrote: »
    Haven't really posted on this thread but to answer why those bloggers have all the followers: I think it's personality and their interests. If you're working so hard to promote your blog perhaps it's because your interest isn't poplular and there's nothing wrong with that, it's probably the same reason you don't see it talked about here. Or else if it's you, selling your product, maybe you need to look at how you're coming across.

On a side note, I personally didn't like your comment on us being obsessed. I found it sharp and offensive. However, I'm willing to look past this to offer some advice.

I'm coming from experience having had a Facebook page that was gaining 500 plus followers weekly and to be honest I wasn't doing a massive amount to promote it, just good pictures and content. It was a popular subject at the time but alas I cancelled the page as I did feel the pressure of having to 'entertain' my audienice. It was a home improvements page three years ago.

If you're blogging for a hobby, like I was, stick with it. Who cares if you don't have a massive audience. If it's for a business, then I suggest contacting your local enterprise board, they run fabulous workshops on social media promotion etc. My aunt actually gives them in some parts of the country!!

Thanks for the advice :) My topic is extremely niche and doesn't appeal to the mass market at all. It is a hobby based blog, the reason for the 5 hours is because it was detailed step by step tutorial that required multiple pictures(and all those pictures have to be edited to make them the best they can be), there's the time taken to do the actual thing that the tutorial is about, then there is the write up, the pinterest graphics etc Then across my social media I get many questions that again need detailed responses depending on what problem they are having. When you wake up each morning with 10-15 messages in your inbox each asking advice it takes time to go through them. I only started the blog about 6 weeks ago, mainly so I could point people in that direction rather than having to answer individual questions. I'm hoping once the blog is up and running properly it will reduce the amount of time I have to spend on my social media answering all the questions. If I was gaining 500 followers a week I think I would run out of people interested in my topic in about 6 months :pac:

Perhaps the word obsessive was the wrong choice of words. You have to admit it is quite the phenomenon though. I have no idea about any of the other 'infulencers' that posters here talk about but I followed FBG for a while to see what all the hype was about and don't think I saw her do anything but talk to her daughter and open packages for the few weeks I followed her. If this is what people like to watch great but the interesting(to me anyway) thing is that they actually seem to despise her yet follow her across multiple channels and from the amount of talk she generates it would appear they are actively invested in her life. Like I said earlier I am not judging people for their interest we all have our foibles, I just find it fascinating. Then there is the flip side why does FBG keep doing it, being under that much scrutiny must be difficult, the monetary compensation would want to be huge for me to even consider it.

Anyway this has nothing to do with the charter so I am out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

In relation to the charter, what's the difference between this forum (Social Media & Blogging) and Blogs / Wikis / Social Media (technical forum according to the 1st thread on that forum)?
    I know this forum is for posting about "social media personalities/bloggers" - so is this forum JUST for the discussion of bloggers? Or more around social media in general? For me, the split of this forum out did make it seems that it was just about the bloggers themselves - and that is the way the forum ended up going.
    However, from discussion on this thread, it seems some posters want more different types of threads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I really not trying to be rude but I don’t understand what is happening here. It’s not like people have been starting posts that have been shut down by regular posters saying it doesn’t belong here. It just happened to be that there was a group of us that weren’t allowed talk about bloggers that started in fashion and beauty forum and then was moved to wiki/blogs and then we weren’t allowed post there either because it is more technical apparently so here we are.

I feel like it is mainly just beauty/lifestyle based because we were always moved. I feel like other blogs interests were probably allowed stay in their respective forum - ie film blogs in the film forum. (I don’t actually know this but I’m just guessing) I also feel like this area is massive at the moment and that’s why it attracts so many people. I don’t really know that many other top bloggers of other interests in Ireland that have teams and can afford houses at the k club or in gated communities. Then again I probably wouldn’t know because I don’t follow them.

I really don’t see any issue with people starting posts about any other type of blogger/vlogger, I will probably read and participate if it is something of interest to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

cee_jay wrote: »
    In relation to the charter, what's the difference between this forum (Social Media & Blogging) and Blogs / Wikis / Social Media (technical forum according to the 1st thread on that forum)?
    I know this forum is for posting about "social media personalities/bloggers" - so is this forum JUST for the discussion of bloggers? Or more around social media in general? For me, the split of this forum out did make it seems that it was just about the bloggers themselves - and that is the way the forum ended up going.
    However, from discussion on this thread, it seems some posters want more different types of threads?

Do you mean is it just for bloggers or bloggers and influencers? I think it would be social media influencers because most of the people discussed don’t really even blog a whole lot anymore and I definitely feel they all fall into the influencer category.

cee_jay wrote: »

There isn't actually a massive difference, there was no need for a second separate forum until the Mod over in Blogs/Wikis refused to host us after making sexist remarks towards several female members.

I really not trying to be rude but I don’t understand what is happening here. It’s not like people have been starting posts that have been shut down by regular posters saying it doesn’t belong here. It just happened to be that there was a group of us that weren’t allowed talk about bloggers that started in fashion and beauty forum and then was moved to wiki/blogs and then we weren’t allowed post there either because it is more technical apparently so here we are.

I feel like it is mainly just beauty/lifestyle based because we were always moved. I feel like other blogs interests were probably allowed stay in their respective forum - ie film blogs in the film forum. (I don’t actually know this but I’m just guessing) I also feel like this area is massive at the moment and that’s why it attracts so many people. I don’t really know that many other top bloggers of other interests in Ireland that have teams and can afford houses at the k club or in gated communities. Then again I probably wouldn’t know because I don’t follow them.

I really don’t see any issue with people starting posts about any other type of blogger/vlogger, I will probably read and participate if it is something of interest to me.

Its actually bizarre. Some people seem to think there is some sort of conspiracy going on and we're shutting down all talk of other types of blogging.

Its really quite simple - If you want to talk about something, join in, or start a new thread if its a new topic.
    But don't be complaining just because the "regulars" (and I hate using that term but its been used consistently in a negative way throughout the thread) are enjoying talking about something you have no interest in.

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Its actually bizarre. Some people seem to think there is some sort of conspiracy going on and we're shutting down all talk of other types of blogging.

Its really quite simple - If you want to talk about something, join in, or start a new thread if its a new topic.
    But don't be complaining just because the "regulars" (and I hate using that term but its been used consistently in a negative way throughout the thread) are enjoying talking about something you have no interest in.

It's bizarre to me that people are saying they have a blog that they want more people to be interested in but keep the subject of it wreathed in secrecy.
    Why???
    Really really odd behaviour! People can and do have more than one interest....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    ISome people seem to think there is some sort of conspiracy going on and we're shutting down all talk of other types of blogging.

I don't think thats particularly accurate.

I haven't seen one person suggest you or anyone else are preventing anything.

Some have commented that the forum is less than friendly/welcoming at times. I have suggested the forum should be more open, not less as others are calling for.

• Advertisement

Some have commented that the forum is less than friendly/welcoming at times. I have suggested the forum should be more open, not less as others are calling for.

You don't post in the forum yet you're saying how unfriendly it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I find it incredible how you've given yourself the authority to comment on everything from charter ethics to poster ethos, yet have not commented once in any thread outside of this one. Totally bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Before I joined in the thread, I did think it was a bit unfriendly but once I joined in and discovered "regular" posters personalities I really started enjoying the chat.

I especially love when I'm having a bit of a ****ty day and read some perfect one liner from a poster and it makes me laugh and lightens the mood of the whole day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

I think though most forums have their regulars, so it can seem daunting. If you read Motors, Consumer or Legal, you'll see the same names popping up. It just means that that forum has regulars who like to post.
    and yes, before the usual suggestion and auto-thanks
    This kind of thing raises my back up. It subtly (intentionally or unintentionally) makes out that we're ganging up when the simple fact is, many of us have similar opinions.

Just for the record, sometimes I thank a post, not because I agree with it but I acknowledge a different viewpoint. I'm sure other people do to.

Graham at this point I frankly think you are just trolling, you have added zero to this forum apart from dictating how it's run and have admitted you have no interest in starting threads or adding to existing threads.
    You seem to have a lot of opinions on how things should be done around here for someone who never even posted until last week.

I honestly don't understand your motive for posting here only to stick your oar in and sh*t stir.

I would like to retract my original suggest of having a read only forum it would kill the place as others have said.

I think we should have a products thread back as there was no reason for closing it... and maybe a general chat thread.
    I'd agree with the 50 posts rule, and another vote to getting rid of the three month rule.

I know it's been discussed but I think it should be very clear that the same rules apply in this forum as they do site wide - if someone has multiple accounts without it being agreed with boards they should be banned not pandered to.

Also I'd like to ask this forum be moderated to the same standard as the rest of boards.
    It's unacceptable that posters are called bullies and the rest of the carry on in this and other threads and reported posts are ignored.
    People who have no interest in taking part in this forum are allowed to come in and start disagreements, that wouldn't be allowed anywhere else so I can't understand why it happens here? Anywhere else there would be warnings.

I didn't realise until just now there's 5 mods for this forum!

That's my pov after the long discussion.
    Hopefully this thread is going to be taken on board and actually listened to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

There are 3 mods and 2 CMods (who have nothing to do with the moderation of the forum but are there for advice/help if we need it. You're also all welcome to contact them if you feel there are issues with our decisions).

Re people coming on to threads to start disagreements - I don't think it's quite as black and white as has been suggested. We can't stop people from posting nor should we. It keeps the forum from becoming an echo chamber. Threads from this forum quite often appear in the trending tab of the front page so I suspect that's what drives some posters to threads. People should feel more than welcome to post here, even if they are not regular posters. Maybe something about the thread has caught their eye or they don't agree with something that has been posted and so they want to engage in a discussion about it. That's the whole premise of boards.
    The difficulty arises in defining which posters are looking to engage in a meaningful discussion and which are looking to troll and get a reaction. That is hard to define and hard to make black and white rules about.

I just had a look at the products thread there and I can see when it was closed, it was up for review. Sorry guys but I don't think we did discuss it so I'll raise it in the mod forum again but I can't see any issues with restarting a thread with clear guidelines for posting, give me some time to see what the story is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I can finally post here as this account is 3 months old today. And so my first comment is that the three months posting requirement for this forum is draconian. I know it's to avoid people with agendas signing up to soapbox in here but three months is excessive. I've been on boards for 12 years but had to close my previous account, it's been very frustrating not being able to post in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Caranica wrote: »
    I can finally post here as this account is 3 months old today. And so my first comment is that the three months posting requirement for this forum is draconian. I know it's to avoid people with agendas signing up to soapbox in here but three months is excessive. I've been on boards for 12 years but had to close my previous account, it's been very frustrating not being able to post in here.

Did you PM a mod - they have lifted that rule for posters who have closed and opened new accounts in the past (one being a blogger responding to personal criticism).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,145 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

GingerLily wrote: »
    Did you PM a mod - they have lifted that rule for posters who have closed and opened new accounts in the past (one being a blogger responding to personal criticism).

I considered it but didn't want someone to click on my profile, see the join date and think I was breaking the rules. So waiting was my choice but I saw that a number of posters on this thread have already referred to three months being excessive so I wanted to give my 2c. One month would be fine but three is too long imo.

Advertisement