Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Broadband in Ballina (explicitly from mast at Killaloe Garda Station)

Options
  • 11-12-2017 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

Hi

The service has deteriorated significantly over the last few months to the point where it is beyond unusable. 
    Yesterday I was getting 0.04Mbps download and less again upload. It has been like this for weeks.

It used to be 4G, then 3G, and from the speeds above it is now No G!
    When it was good it was >35Mbps download and 18Mbps upload.   

I'd like to think I've kept up my side of the contract - ie paying the bill every month.
    If it doesn't improve (ie if you no longer provide me with a usable service) I'll withdraw payment - I think that is fair and reasonable.

There was a similar thread from other Ballina/Killaloe customers in September on here when it was Talk to Meteor... I've had other Eir customers at the house and they experience the same speeds.

In the interest of a quick resolution can you confirm if the service is oversubscribed in the area?
    I can appreciate you may not like to share this information, but you might appreciate I don't want to pay for a service I cannot use. A PM reply will do.

All the best,
    HR.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi

The service has deteriorated significantly over the last few months to the point where it is beyond unusable. 
    Yesterday I was getting 0.04Mbps download and less again upload. It has been like this for weeks.

It used to be 4G, then 3G, and from the speeds above it is now No G!
    When it was good it was >35Mbps download and 18Mbps upload.   

I'd like to think I've kept up my side of the contract - ie paying the bill every month.
    If it doesn't improve (ie if you no longer provide me with a usable service) I'll withdraw payment - I think that is fair and reasonable.

There was a similar thread from other Ballina/Killaloe customers in September on here when it was Talk to Meteor... I've had other Eir customers at the house and they experience the same speeds.

In the interest of a quick resolution can you confirm if the service is oversubscribed in the area?
    I can appreciate you may not like to share this information, but you might appreciate I don't want to pay for a service I cannot use. A PM reply will do.

All the best,
    HR.
    Hi HandsomeRover, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your service. If you PM me your mobile, PIN and full name on the account I will have a look into this for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement