Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Told to ring to unlock my phone but keep getting hung up on

Options
  • 11-12-2017 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I have been trying to unlock my phone for a while now. Was told to give ye a call but was given the wrong number, so then I went to the online chat and thought I was getting somewhere but was eventually told they couldn't do it through that and it would have to be dealt with over the phone. So I have been calling and calling and calling. I get past press x,y,z and then I'm hung up on. At first I thought it was a mistake I was making, but I have tried countless times over several days now and still can't get to talk to someone about my unlock code. The lad in the shop told me they can't do anything so I decided to come here. I'm not sure I'll get anywhere but it wouldn't hurt.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Trisha_H wrote: »
    I have been trying to unlock my phone for a while now. Was told to give ye a call but was given the wrong number, so then I went to the online chat and thought I was getting somewhere but was eventually told they couldn't do it through that and it would have to be dealt with over the phone. So I have been calling and calling and calling. I get past press x,y,z and then I'm hung up on. At first I thought it was a mistake I was making, but I have tried countless times over several days now and still can't get to talk to someone about my unlock code. The lad in the shop told me they can't do anything so I decided to come here. I'm not sure I'll get anywhere but it wouldn't hurt.
    Hi Tisha_H, 

Thanks for contacting us here. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having in getting through to us, I understand this is frustrating. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to issue unlocking codes from here, can you confirm the number you are dialling? 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Trisha_H

Hi Tisha_H, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having in getting through to us, I understand this is frustrating. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to issue unlocking codes from here, can you confirm the number you are dialling? 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    1747 is the number. It's listed in my phone as PAYG customer care and I get through to the main menu and through until I should be connected to someone and then it's just gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi Tisha_H, 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    1747 is the number. It's listed in my phone as PAYG customer care and I get through to the main menu and through until I should be connected to someone and then it's just gone.
    If you ring 1901 you should be able to get through to someone about this.

- Adam

Advertisement