Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom broadband connection problems

Options
  • 11-12-2017 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I signed up for a Broadband/Home Phone bundle with Eircom a few weeks back. Had quite a few problems with missed appointments and long phone calls etc. Anyways got the phone line installed and eventually a KN Group engineer was out to hook up my eir fibre. He called me to explain that because of flooding on my estate, that he couldn't do it - the eircom manhole gets flooded in bad rain, and he said it's like the inside of kettle down there with limescale. He wasn't comfortable doing the installation, as the cables are getting worn down from rain, and he was going to revert to eircom about moving this connection point. There is another manhole further up on the estate which doesn't have this problem but he said he couldn't just connect to it without eircom instructing him to do so. After all the miscommunication and missed appointments and hours of phone calls/wasted time, I got p*ssed off, and I cancelled the entire order.

What can be done in this case if I decide to try again with Eir? Clearly there is a problem with this connection point. The engineer said that neighbours were coming out to him to complain about their connection when the flooding occurs. Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi,

I signed up for a Broadband/Home Phone bundle with Eircom a few weeks back. Had quite a few problems with missed appointments and long phone calls etc. Anyways got the phone line installed and eventually a KN Group engineer was out to hook up my eir fibre. He called me to explain that because of flooding on my estate, that he couldn't do it - the eircom manhole gets flooded in bad rain, and he said it's like the inside of kettle down there with limescale. He wasn't comfortable doing the installation, as the cables are getting worn down from rain, and he was going to revert to eircom about moving this connection point. There is another manhole further up on the estate which doesn't have this problem but he said he couldn't just connect to it without eircom instructing him to do so. After all the miscommunication and missed appointments and hours of phone calls/wasted time, I got p*ssed off, and I cancelled the entire order.

What can be done in this case if I decide to try again with Eir? Clearly there is a problem with this connection point. The engineer said that neighbours were coming out to him to complain about their connection when the flooding occurs. Any advice?
    Hi artvanderlay, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

I'm very sorry to hear about all the issues you had with your order, I can understand your frustration.

In relation to getting a new order in place, this can be done through our sales team on 1800 503 303. They would need to note these points so the technician would be aware of this before calling out to connect. A site survey will then be carried out and the technician will assess the situation and advise from there. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Thanks for the reply Tracey. I'll give sales a shout and explain the situation. I wonder would they still treat me as a new customer? They never installed the broadband so never completed my order the first time. I'm keen to get the €35 broadband/phone for the first six months offer for new customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Thanks for the reply Tracey. I'll give sales a shout and explain the situation. I wonder would they still treat me as a new customer? They never installed the broadband so never completed my order the first time. I'm keen to get the €35 broadband/phone for the first six months offer for new customers.
    I can't guarantee they'll be able to do that, however, if you explain your situation to them over the phone they'll go through everything with you.

- Adam

Advertisement