Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get through to report an issue

Options
  • 11-12-2017 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭

I want to contact your technical support about an outage. After following a long winded auto service and typing in my phone and account numbers, the service tells me it closed at 5;45pm. The back of my bill tells me it closes at 8pm. The tech guy I was talking to last week said it was opened 24 hrs. What's going on?
    I tried the 1901 and 01 678 8888 numbers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Odelay wrote: »
    I want to contact your technical support about an outage. After following a long winded auto service and typing in my phone and account numbers, the service tells me it closed at 5;45pm. The back of my bill tells me it closes at 8pm. The tech guy I was talking to last week said it was opened 24 hrs. What's going on?
    I tried the 1901 and 01 678 8888 numbers.
    Hi Odelay, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us. 

The support team can be contacted on 1890 260 260, they are open 24/7 through this number. They'll be able to assist you with this there.  The 1901 customer care line closes at 6, I'm afraid. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Odelay

Hi Odelay, 

The support team can be contacted on 1890 260 260, they are open 24/7 through this number. They'll be able to assist you with this there.  The 1901 customer care line closes at 6, I'm afraid. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Many thanks for the reply.

It would be nifty if that number could be included with the other numbers at the back of the bill.

I have also noticed that the recognition of my phone number doesn't work. I followed the instructions and all the talk from the automated system, yet each time I phone I'm prompted for the information again, and again by the care team, and again by the technical team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Odelay, 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Many thanks for the reply.

It would be nifty if that number could be included with the other numbers at the back of the bill.

I have also noticed that the recognition of my phone number doesn't work. I followed the instructions and all the talk from the automated system, yet each time I phone I'm prompted for the information again, and again by the care team, and again by the technical team.
    No problem, I'll be sure to pass this feedback on for you. 

Each section would need to confirm the details for data protection purposes so you will be asked even when you have entered the details I'm afraid. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Just need to start logging this as the problem has been going on far too long, before I started this thread.

30th November contacted eir to report internet connection dropping every 10 minutes. Eir tech said they could see the problem, it was at the exchange and would send someone out. Said they would NOT need access to the house.
    Then a few days later I was in a meeting and had a missed call. When I returned it it was the eir engineer, he said he had been to the exchange, problem wasn't there and was wondering if I was around to let him into house. I couldn't as was told no access needed and I was away.
    Engineer recommended I log the problem again and tell them that the problem was not at the exchange, said to make sure I did that or the issue would be marked resolved......
    Phoned the tech team December 6th. Auto service told me the problem was resolved..... So got talking to a person and explained what the engineer said. Tech guy said he could see the problem and did something online to improve the service but said he would still need to send an engineer out.
    The soonest he could get another engineer out was December 18th, I took that appointment.
    A few days later the internet stopped completely stopped working. Thanks to help here I was given the special number for the tech people to allow me talk to someone after 5:45pm. Got taking a another tech guy. Said he could see the problem, my modem had now failed. Said he would send a new modem free of charge as I was still in contract, don't know what that means but hey I'm a customer for six years, maybe that's what he meant.
    New modem arrived today, set it up and no internet light. Couldn't get past the wifi password either so phoned the tech guys again. They checked the setup, all was fine with that.
    After checks he said that he could see a problem at the exchange and it wasn't in the house so wouldn't need access and would send an engineer out.
    At this stage this all sounded very framilar, like the first conversation in November.... Explained this to the tech guy with the advice from the first engineer. Tech guy said that he could only deal with the problem he could see and that would require a visit to the exchange and not to the house. If a house visit was then required then another appointment would be needed...
    Logging this as I have a feeling that come the 18th the engineer will visit the exchange just like the first on in November and then I'll be back waiting till after Christmas for another house visit appointment.
    I'm stunned, absolutely stunned. This evenings call was 33 minutes, previous was 40 if I recall correctly. Now feel like I have taken a step backwards with this evenings call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Just need to start logging this as the problem has been going on far too long, before I started this thread.

30th November contacted eir to report internet connection dropping every 10 minutes. Eir tech said they could see the problem, it was at the exchange and would send someone out. Said they would NOT need access to the house.
    Then a few days later I was in a meeting and had a missed call. When I returned it it was the eir engineer, he said he had been to the exchange, problem wasn't there and was wondering if I was around to let him into house. I couldn't as was told no access needed and I was away.
    Engineer recommended I log the problem again and tell them that the problem was not at the exchange, said to make sure I did that or the issue would be marked resolved......
    Phoned the tech team December 6th. Auto service told me the problem was resolved..... So got talking to a person and explained what the engineer said.  Tech guy said he could see the problem and did something online to improve the service but said he would still need to send an engineer out.
    The soonest he could get another engineer out was December 18th, I took that appointment.
    A few days later the internet stopped completely stopped working. Thanks to help here I was given the special number for the tech people to allow me talk to someone after 5:45pm. Got taking a another tech guy. Said he could see the problem, my modem had now failed. Said he would send a new modem free of charge as I was still in contract, don't know what that means but hey I'm a customer for six years, maybe that's what he meant.
    New modem arrived today, set it up and no internet light. Couldn't get past the wifi password either so phoned the tech guys again. They checked the setup, all was fine with that.
    After checks he said that he could see a problem at the exchange and it wasn't in the house so wouldn't need access and would send an engineer out.
    At this stage this all sounded very framilar, like the first conversation in November.... Explained this to the tech guy with the advice from the first engineer. Tech guy said that he could only deal with the problem he could see and that would require a visit to the exchange and not to the house. If a house visit was then required then another appointment would be needed...
    Logging this as I have a feeling that come the 18th the engineer will visit the exchange just like the first on in November and then I'll be back waiting till after Christmas for another house visit appointment.
    I'm stunned, absolutely stunned. This evenings call was 33 minutes, previous was 40 if I recall correctly. Now feel like I have taken a step backwards with this evenings call.
    I'm very sorry to hear of the ongoing issues you've been experiencing here. Can you PM me your account number and full name please?

- Adam

• Advertisement

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

PM sent.
    Thanks, I'll get back to your PM with an update.

- Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Thanks, I'll get back to your PM with an update.

- Adam

So my update... Engineer called yesterday. He had to go away to get a landline phone as there wasn't one in use there for years as that line wasn't working and reporting hassle wasn't worth it.
    Good points, delighted the lad came. As expected he had to visit the house, not as the tech team said, happy there was someone to let him in.
    Internet is working, have to glad for that but it is very slow. Will monitor and let you know how it goes over the next few days.

Advertisement