Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension & Contributions Advice

• 11-12-2017 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I am looking for advice as to what to do regarding keeping my contributions going.

I worked in Ireland up to 2011 then left to work in the UK until May 2015. So up to this point everything is ok as UK contributions will be included so no gap.

Fast forward to now. Since May 2015 I have been in Italy. For various reasons I am not paying into any social welfare / PRSI In Italy (whatever you call it to get "contributions").

However I have been helping/working for my parents on the family farm in these years.

Can I pay into Class S PRSI for this gap? Is this easy to do?

I have another question regarding being a student. I read that you are entitled to full contributions if you have class A PRSI before becoming a full time student.
    I went to college between 2004 - 2007. So why do I not have any contributions showing in 2004? Do I need to inform the social welfare?

This is a summary of my contributions:
    Year.
    (1)Paid Contributions.
    (2)Credited Contributions.
    (3)Reckonable paid con for pension. (4)Reckonable credited con for pen.

2002. 8A (1) 8 (3)
    2003. 2A, 52S (1) 52 (3)
    2004. 1J (1)
    2005. 14A, 52K, 52S (1) 38 (2) 52 (3)
    2006. 21A, 5K, 52S (1) 31 (2) 52 (3)
    2007. 29A (1) 23 (2) 29 (3)

As you can see from the above I have no contributions in 2004 but I was a student?

Thanks in advance for any advice as it all 'seams' very complicated.

Advertisement