Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New eir account

Options
  • 11-12-2017 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Just switched from Sky  broadband where I had approx 3mg speed. Only reason of changing was the special offer with eir and sky hiking their price up twice in the last few months. Got the D2000 modem with this deal. Tested broadband speed on the new modem and was delighted getting between 7-8.5 mbytes. That is where it all finished - my wifi at 3Mb with sky was very stable and had no problems streaming or looking at videos online. Since I installed the eir D2000 modem my wifi is constantly freezing and dropping out eventhough my speed test still shows at least 7mgb. can this be looked at. Have tried ringing up numerous times but just getting a run around. My 14 days is nearly up so looking to cancel as it is totally useless to me the way it is 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

Welcome to eir. Expect a €5 price hike soon.

While on intro offer, they increased my bill to €57 despite €55 offer for customers signing up since i did.

Eir really are a terrible company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

ryange wrote: »
    Just switched from Sky  broadband where I had approx 3mg speed. Only reason of changing was the special offer with eir and sky hiking their price up twice in the last few months. Got the D2000 modem with this deal. Tested broadband speed on the new modem and was delighted getting between 7-8.5 mbytes. That is where it all finished - my wifi at 3Mb with sky was very stable and had no problems streaming or looking at videos online. Since I installed the eir D2000 modem my wifi is constantly freezing and dropping out eventhough my speed test still shows at least 7mgb. can this be looked at. Have tried ringing up numerous times but just getting a run around. My 14 days is nearly up so looking to cancel as it is totally useless to me the way it is 
    Hi ryange, 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your service. Th best advice I can offer is to contact our support team on 1890 260 260, they'll troubleshoot with you to identify the issue. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭ryange

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]CURRENT UPDATE FROM MULTIPLE ATTEMPTS TO TRY AND RESOLVE: [/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Just switched from Sky broadband where I had approx 3mg speed. Only reason of changing was the special offer with eir and sky hiking their price up twice in the last few months. Got the D2000 modem with this deal. Tested broadband speed on the new modem and was delighted getting between 7-8.5 mbytes. That is where it all finished - my wifi at 3Mb with sky was very stable and had no problems streaming or looking at videos online. Since I installed the eir D2000 modem my wifi is constantly freezi[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]I could see that there are some issues with the home broadband wireless connection where I can go ahead and do some changes remotely to make it work.[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Gerard, once i do those changes from my end, it would reflect in your line within next 4-24 hours .[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Nothing on the modem settings.[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]where is the issue the as all that has changed is a new modem and eir supplier[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]t is on the line exchange[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial].[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Representative Pavithara has left the session[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Chat session end[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

ryange wrote: »
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]CURRENT UPDATE FROM MULTIPLE ATTEMPTS TO TRY AND RESOLVE: [/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Just switched from Sky broadband where I had approx 3mg speed. Only reason of changing was the special offer with eir and sky hiking their price up twice in the last few months. Got the D2000 modem with this deal. Tested broadband speed on the new modem and was delighted getting between 7-8.5 mbytes. That is where it all finished - my wifi at 3Mb with sky was very stable and had no problems streaming or looking at videos online. Since I installed the eir D2000 modem my wifi is constantly freezi[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]I could see that there are some issues with the home broadband wireless connection where I can go ahead and do some changes remotely to make it work.[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Gerard, once i do those changes from my end, it would reflect in your line within next 4-24 hours .[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Nothing on the modem settings.[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]where is the issue the as all that has changed is a new modem and eir supplier[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]t is on the line exchange[/font]

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial].[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]Representative Pavithara has left the session[/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]Chat session end[/font]
    Sorry to hear the chat ended prematurely. If you give us a ring on 1890260260 or 1901 you'll be able to speak to someone about this.

- Adam

Advertisement