Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mp3 player only charging off laptop connection

Options
  • 12-12-2017 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    . I have an mp3 player whose charging port is the slightly older USB mini-b interface. If i get the data cable for the player and plug it into my laptop, it'll charge away no problem. I want to use a wall plug USB charger however (generic plug with female slot for charging devices). If i unplug the data cable from the laptop and into the plug charger, it's not picked up, the player won't charge. I've confirmed the plug charger is fine.
    . Its a bit if a drag having to charge off the laptop every time. Any ideas why it won't charge from the plug interface?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I had an mp3 player once, can't recall which one it was, but it wouldn't charger when connected to a wall charger by design. It would only work when it had a software connection with a computer. Not sure if your saying yours used to work with a wall charger in which case try different cables/chargers.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

AllForIt wrote: »
    I had an mp3 player once, can't recall which one it was, but it wouldn't charger when connected to a wall charger by design. It would only work when it had a software connection with a computer. Not sure if your saying yours used to work with a wall charger in which case try different cables/chargers.

Yes, it appears this is the case with mine too. From looking a bit online it appears there's a specific adaptor you can buy to get it working with a regular mains outlet - but this is €15 on ebay, there must be a cheapo version of this I guess. Very strange that it'll work off a data connection and not mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Yeah but of a pain. Not much you can do except try and source the cheapest one you can.

Advertisement