Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PUBG on Xbox [preview program]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I've come across two players who have gotten stuck behind the mesh in the satellite building by the big tower in the Military base. I presume they were playing on the normal Xbox one and got stuck when it rendered in. Second guy, we just left him. We could still hear him shooting as we were running up the hills :). If only there was in game voice chat on console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I've come across two players who have gotten stuck behind the mesh in the satellite building by the big tower in the Military base. I presume they were playing on the normal Xbox one and got stuck when it rendered in. Second guy, we just left him. We could still hear him shooting as we were running up the hills :). If only there was in game voice chat on console.

One of the lads got jammed under a table in the restaurant in severney yesterday. Has normal xbox one.

A few days ago, I got stuck in the wall in an apartment block, up above the sink. My teammates eventually had to leave me, but I kept wriggling for a solid 5 minutes and I finally got free when I stripped off all my clothes. Don't know if it was coincidence :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TheBoyFromAus

I got stuck behind a toilet last week.

Did the patch drop yesterday?

Did the patch drop yesterday?

Yup. All my settings were reverted again. At this stage I'm so used to going through quickly turn off music, activate dvr, invert y axis, change sensitivities. Takes 10 seconds, but still annoying it has to be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

IBrows89 wrote: »
    The rendering on an xbox one s is ridiculous, I love the game but it's one thing that makes me stop playing it. I love dropping in busy places but it's unplayable and if anyone with a xbox one X is near they have guns a minute or two before you and you're fecked.

They should have an option at the death screen to jump straight back into a new game, I know this could be hard if you're in a party but especially single player. Having to go back through the main menu to just start a new game every time is so frustrating.

Try it on a vanilla Xbox! I cannot drop into certain places. Like the military base. The internals of the base (all the machinery etc.) only pop in after I've been capped. I have never lasted more than 2 minutes dropping there because I haven't been able to pick stuff up before being killed.

If I parachute down onto the roof of the high rises I'll be stuck in place 'vibrating' for a good 10/15 seconds before the roof 'snaps' in and I can move properly and pick stuff up. If I interact with stuff in this 'vibrating state' i'm liable to get stuck in walls/furniture when they pop in.

So I don't drop there obviously. But this fragmentation on one 'unified platform' is going to become more severe as time goes on I'd say.

Basil3 wrote: »
    A few days ago, I got stuck in the wall in an apartment block, up above the sink. My teammates eventually had to leave me, but I kept wriggling for a solid 5 minutes and I finally got free when I stripped off all my clothes. Don't know if it was coincidence :pac:

Happens to me semi regularly. Team mate on Xbox S shoots me until I fall down to my knees - that seems to 'break' me out and I can then be revived and move again.

quad_red wrote: »
    Try it on a vanilla Xbox! I cannot drop into certain places. Like the military base. The internals of the base (all the machinery etc.) only pop in after I've been capped. I have never lasted more than 2 minutes dropping there because I haven't been able to pick stuff up before being killed.

If I parachute down onto the roof of the high rises I'll be stuck in place 'vibrating' for a good 10/15 seconds before the roof 'snaps' in and I can move properly and pick stuff up. If I interact with stuff in this 'vibrating state' i'm liable to get stuck in walls/furniture when they pop in.

So I don't drop there obviously. But this fragmentation on one 'unified platform' is going to become more severe as time goes on I'd say.

I'm considering getting an external SSD to at least partiatlly solve the rendering issue on my One S. I'm constantly having to uninstall games to make room for others, so I need one anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

The test servers that they're setting up will have improved art streaming, which should help with the textures and getting stuck in stuff.
    After extensive efforts, we’ve been able to get Miramar ready for Xbox. Miramar will be coming to test servers before the end of April, and we expect it’ll hit live servers sometime in May.

The Miramar test server update will also include new vehicles and weapons, alongside several crucial gameplay optimizations. Here are just two examples:
    • Our art asset streaming process has been optimized. This will somewhat improve the “play-doh” effect on textures and will mitigate interior prop pop-in issues. This will make a big difference in the early phases of each game.
    • Our character movement system was also causing some problems, and has now been optimized. Performance and stability will be better even when many players gather in one location. We expect this to help out the game’s performance past the mid-phase.
    Expect to also see new and improved designs for out-of-game menus and screens. The update is necessary to prepare our servers for when event matches and custom matches are introduced later on.

Finally, improving crashes is our highest priority. Simply put, stability is the most basic element that determines gameplay quality, so we’re taking it seriously and focusing on it with every patch. All of these changes will hit the test server first so we can make sure the above-mentioned optimizations run well before pushing them to live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,629 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

CatInABox wrote: »
    The test servers that they're setting up will have improved art streaming, which should help with the textures and getting stuck in stuff.

Had a few games just there and playing on the Europe server the rendering took ages, changed the region to North America and 3 games in a row the rendering was done before I hit the deck each time, that’s going straight down.. all these were on the old Xbox.. gonna try it out on the S later and see if it’s the same..

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Played last night, some poor guy must have hidden in a bush to go to the toilet or something because I was on top of him before I saw him and he never shot, I even viewed through a scope to make sure I wasnt seeing things. I almost didnt kill him. Almost....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Played last night, some poor guy must have hidden in a bush to go to the toilet or something because I was on top of him before I saw him and he never shot, I even viewed through a scope to make sure I wasnt seeing things. I almost didnt kill him. Almost....

That happens a lot when the game crashes for a player. You can restart and rejoin the game, assuming you haven't been killed.

Very proud of my partner in crime in Duo last night. He got the last kill and first chicken dinner with an Uzi against a ghillied up dude packing an AR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

astradave wrote: »
    No sign up to the testing server either, if you have the base game you can opt in. That test server is going to be seriously strained :D

How do you opt in?

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    How do you opt in?

They haven’t released more details yet,

My thoughts would be that they are going to update it with Miramar, the test server is a stand-alone server, you can play it but I’m sure there will be problems on it so people might stay away until it has been put on the proper servers. Problems like matchmaking and lag will be bad on it I reckon.. but it’s a stress test really so that’s to be expected

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

My screen boundaries seem to have changed since the last update and I can't for the life of me find the option to change them :confused:

maximoose wrote: »
    My screen boundaries seem to have changed since the last update and I can't for the life of me find the option to change them :confused:

The deadzone setting isn’t it.. or are you talking about the screen to tv size?

Very proud of my partner in crime in Duo last night. He got the last kill and first chicken dinner with an Uzi against a ghillied up dude packing an AR.

Are Ghillie suits on xbox? I have only seen them on PC!

Are Ghillie suits on xbox? I have only seen them on PC!

I’ve had a few, only ever got them in crate drops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

The deadzone setting isn’t it.. or are you talking about the screen to tv size?

Screen to TV yeah, seem to have lost a small fraction of the screen on the left hand side - only for PUBG

Screen to TV yeah, seem to have lost a small fraction of the screen on the left hand side - only for PUBG

Have you tried Calibrating the screen on the Xbox to see if it helps? Another thing you could do is try a different format on the tv itself, I had a problem with it before and used “screen fit” on tv and it worked out

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Mr_Man2121

I've had that problem too, try going into your TV settings and changing the aspect ratio to 'just scan'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

looking for new players if anyone wants to play ive 98 wins so far. looking for good squad members to keep racking them up.we usually getting 3-5 a day now. GT is lenno kush feel free to add me

da6xsi wrote: »
    looking for new players if anyone wants to play ive 98 wins so far. looking for good squad members to keep racking them up.we usually getting 3-5 a day now. GT is lenno kush feel free to add me

FIrst or third person?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 133 ✭✭da6xsi

FIrst or third person?

we play both TPP seems to suit most better but we always mix it up

• Advertisement

I'm considering getting an external SSD to at least partiatlly solve the rendering issue on my One S. I'm constantly having to uninstall games to make room for others, so I need one anyway.

Just to follow up on this, I put PUBG on an external SSD connected to my One S, and no longer do I get stuck on top of buildings waiting for things to render. It has definitely made a difference.

I also got my first ever enforcement on Xbox live after donkeys years using the service. I can only guess it's for telling a couple of guys who team killed me to f*ck off.

Just to follow up on this, I put PUBG on an external SSD connected to my One S, and no longer do I get stuck on top of buildings waiting for things to render. It has definitely made a difference.

I also got my first ever enforcement on Xbox live after donkeys years using the service. I can only guess it's for telling a couple of guys who team killed me to f*ck off.

That’s interesting, basil. Do you mind me asking which make/model?

I've noticed the game crashes a lot more since I switched the Xbox capture back on (so I can capture any team killing a-holes next time).

Anyone notice anything similar?

Just in case anyone else is experiencing game crashes, I can confirm that I'm not having any since switching off Xbox capture. I'm on Xbox One X.

That’s interesting, basil. Do you mind me asking which make/model?

I got this Crucial half gig SSD from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0784SLQM6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then I put it into an enclosure similar to this one that I had at home:

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/dynamode-25-usb-30-sata-hard-drive-enclosure/331997/403.4.5

You just need to make sure the enclosure is USB 3.0.

I've also read that if you use an external HDD that is 7200rpm you'll see significant improvements, as the internal one is only 5400rpm.

I wouldn't recommend doing this just for PUBG, unless the rendering really really annoys you. I'd been meaning to expand my storage for a while, so I decided to spend a bit extra on SSD instead of HDD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0784SLQM6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/dynamode-25-usb-30-sata-hard-drive-enclosure/331997/403.4.5

I've also read that if you use an external HDD that is 7200rpm you'll see significant improvements, as the internal one is only 5400rpm.

I wouldn't recommend doing this just for PUBG, unless the rendering really really annoys you. I'd been meaning to expand my storage for a while, so I decided to spend a bit extra on SSD instead of HDD.

I did similar with the standard xb1, there was night and day difference between load times in games like witcher 3, doom and battlefield 1.

• Advertisement

Crashed and died twice out of about 10 games last night.

Typically it was down to the final 20 or so, meaning there was no chance of getting back in alive.

The loading times coming out of a crash are ridiculous as well.

Games out months now it's getting a bit tedious.

Crashed and died twice out of about 10 games last night.

Typically it was down to the final 20 or so, meaning there was no chance of getting back in alive.

The loading times coming out of a crash are ridiculous as well.

Games out months now it's getting a bit tedious.

See my post above on switching off the game capture. Made a world of difference for me to stop game crashes. Supposed to improve the game's performance too.

Realised yesterday that I actually have a 256GB samsung SSD in a workstation I was going to turn into a media centre. I also had an external enclosure I got to house the hard drive from a canon thing I bought from bargain alerts.

Slapped in onto the xbox last night and moved PUBG onto it. It seemed faster to load. Didn't notice much difference on the plane or dropping - maybe buildings popped in marginally faster. But definitely a difference on landing. It was the first time I've landed on the roof of the high rises and been able to move and pick up stuff instantly! The roof loaded in before I landed.

Wahey!

Only played one game but I look forward to giving it a proper whirl later this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Zemuppet

Welcome to the banned club. It seems that team killing is still prevalent in squads. Lord forbid you have a better gun than your team mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,627 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Played the game today for the first time cause its free this weekend. Lads, you weren't joking about the performance issues. Awful lag altogether.

Can anyone recommend a Pubg proof deodorant ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Seem to be getting killed with headshots constantly over the past week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Been playing this all weekend with only the one instance of it crashing. Wouldn't buy it for the simple reason that I'm absolute muck at it. Can certainly see why it's so popular though.

Blew my first chance at a chicken dinner last night. In final 3, wearing ghillie suit, sniper rifle with 8x scope, had an eye on a guy near me.
    Panicked and ran at him and was laced with bullets by a guy in a house. Dont know what came over me, they were in a fire fight so one of them would have killed the other eventually

Been playing this all weekend with only the one instance of it crashing. Wouldn't buy it for the simple reason that I'm absolute muck at it. Can certainly see why it's so popular though.

There's a steep learning curve but it's worth it.

Don't run from fights. Land and fight. You might/will die quickly but you'll learn much, much faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

There's a steep learning curve but it's worth it.

Don't run from fights. Land and fight. You might/will die quickly but you'll learn much, much faster.

very true, I am terrible at it but still managed a solo chicken dinner if I can get one anyone can :D

very true, I am terrible at it but still managed a solo chicken dinner if I can get one anyone can :D

I cant! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,719 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

very true, I am terrible at it but still managed a solo chicken dinner if I can get one anyone can

The only reason I'm still playing is to get one, will retire at the top then!

Took a(n enforced) break as really had no time to play anything whatsoever, itching to get back on, is it true in thinking that the test servers for Miramar will be up sometime this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Took a(n enforced) break as really had no time to play anything whatsoever, itching to get back on, is it true in thinking that the test servers for Miramar will be up sometime this week?

tomorrow if you believe the internet rumors.

I don't know whether they've improved the time to get back into the game after a crash, or whether it's faster because I've started to completely kill the game and relaunch it.

Over the weekend I was down to the last 10, so one of the last few circles, and the blue was just about to catch me when it crashed. I got back into the game in time to have a first aid kit (although died just before I finished using it). In the past, I wouldn't have even bothered trying to get back into the game at that point.

Looks like the times for the test server are up, starting download from tonight.
    Starting later today, anyone who owns PUBG on Xbox One can download the Miramar test server (called “PUBG Test Server”), directly from the Microsoft Store.

As the map is in an early stage of development, some aspects may not function as expected. For matchmaking reasons, the test will be limited to TPP on NA servers. We might make adjustments to this depending on how the test goes.

During the test period and beyond, we will be actively listening to player feedback and using it to improve the build, so please be sure and share your comments, questions, and concerns in the thread below! There will also be “bug bounty” rewards: 150 players who help us find bugs will get some swaggy in-game items.

Test Server Downloadable Starting:

April 24th, 12am, your local timezone.

Full Test Schedule Below:

U.S. (PDT) SCHEDULE
    4/25, 4/26, 4/27: Servers available 5pm PDT through 11pm PDT
    4/28 & 4/29: Servers available 11am PDT through 11pm PDT

EUROPE (CEST) SCHEDULE
    4/26, 4/27, 4/28: Servers available 2am CEST through 8am CEST
    4/28 & 4/29: Servers available 8pm CEST through 8am CEST

Servers can go down for maintenance at any time. If that happens, check our help Twitter or this post for info. We’ll update this thread with more information on future testing windows as they become available.

Thanks for playing!

See you in the game,
    PUBG Xbox Team

First I got excited when I saw the announcement for the test servers. Then I saw it's 2am to 8am. Nah, f--k that!!

First I got excited when I saw the announcement for the test servers. Then I saw it's 2am to 8am. Nah, f--k that!!

Yeah, 1am to 7am our time. I'd say most Europeans won't get a chance until 7pm Saturday.

It's also TPP only.

• Advertisement

Well it will be 1am to 7am for us if that helps :pac:

Although Saturday and Sunday will be from 7pm to 7am..

Advertisement